DLC Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How yall like the new DLC?

I personally started the tower, and the first match was Charlotte vs Lana but got bored and just cut it off lol. Is there any way to unlock the arenas without playing showcase ? I just cannot get myself to play that mode. And god the gameplay is so slow compared to 19.

I feel you on that. Playing the game to unlock shit feels like a chore and not fun at all to me. After getting over the visual downgrades, So much bad stuff gameplay wise like slow, clunky, random to name a few.

This is probably the most bashing Ive done to the series since I just gotta express my disappointment. I was playing 2k19 until the release of 2k20 since I enjoyed it that much. Now this game has left a bad taste for me where I barely play and when I do I just end up posting about how bad it is again.

I will say...if you could have used the arenas in create mode and made your own arenas with those parts...then all of the DLC packs would have at least been somewhat worth it. But, being unable to do that is a huge negative, and the rest of the content in these packs is just "meh" at best. I see a handful of attire parts that are useful for making one person or another. Like...that one headpiece thing is pretty much Shinnok from Mortal Kombat (if you're into caws of that sort). But, yeah...unless you're a big "moves" guy (I'm not)...then none of these DLC packs have delivered much at all.

Might i add making this DLC $15 is highway robbery, nothing in the pack makes it worth $15, nothing, i only care about the moves in these and imo the moves in this doesn't even justify it being $15, the arenas damn sure don't nor does the god awful towers. These DLC packs like this should $4.99 tops.

The best thing in this pack is Murphy's moves but even with that its like he should already have those moves in the default game, just an obvious case of holding something out just to use for DLC to make some extra money. And the other thing in the pack The Bloody Cross, its cool its in there but theres not a good Taiji Ishimori to give it to so its kinda useless until someone makes a quality caw of him, not 2K's fault i know but still can't get really excited about the move without him to give it to.

I've never seen him do a poison Rana but it does fit him I guess, there's also the Buddy Murphy Combo and Knee Lift 7 that could pass for a Kamigoye

Was that not Murphy's move with the kneestrike/poison rana? coulda swore he done it before, who's move is it then? Omega?

Its in as Kairi Sanes Samantha Urai character as her signature so.. i'm guessing her, maybe?

We've got one more DLC and patch coming. I'm not expecting a miracle, i've long since given up on the game working properly by the end. My hope is just that the last patch fixes the goddamn uploader and a couple of the serious nagging bugs, the DLC adds some nice new moves, and then VC fires every idiot that wasn't pulling their goddamn weight and sits down to plan out how not to *Censored* 2K21 up.

God I feel bad for the guys that actually give a shit about this game in that company, including you know who. This must've been like being raked across hot coals for them.

Agreed Brandon. I mean, I know I've been critical of 2k20, but it's not entirely their fault. It's WWE who basically have this stupid notion of having the game out at a specific time and date regardless if the game is ready to be on store shelves. Vince needs to pull his head out of his rear end

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, NegativeCreep said:

That upcoming DLC looks like a big pile of hot garbage... sigh...

There was this teeny, tiny, miniscule part of me that hoped in the patch they added Walter, Kushida or something like that, like they've done in the past with entrances. 

I hope there's some good moves in this pack, because it's going to be the only good thing about this pack. :lol:

List of new moves in the DLC;

New Moves on Empire of Tomorrow DLC

* Assisted Top Rope Senton
* Avalanche Powerbomb 2
* Blitzkrieg Tornado Kick
* Bridging Fallaway Slam
* Choke Lariat Slam
* Chokeslam Takedown
* Corkscrew Axe Kick 2
* Corkscrew Shooting Star Press 2
* Double Palm Strike 2
* Double Stomp Armbreaker