DLC Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

I think you guys went the right route with it. It's basically the same thing that you guys did with Sliced Bread No. 2. It's better off as a corner move.

I dunno though, you have moves like Old School and former games like the Oklahoma Stampede that just auto track to the nearest turnbuckle. Those would be easier to pull off than the Superman and Spear though cause there's so much more motion involved
Not true. Superman and spear have two people moving independently. Now start mentally mapping what it would take when to have both characters move to the ropes and / or center of the ring after the Superman punch. Its very complex and adds a ton of work for a single move. Scripted moves such as this require an engineer and days of effort. This would definitely be on the higher end - maybe a week or more. The corner version just needs an animator and a gameplay designer and can be setup and working in a couple

Hours.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay, maybe I'm tired because I thought you just agreed with me, XD. The Superman Punch and Spear would be harder to do from standing since, like you said, you have the independent movement of the characters because of all the scripted song and dance. But say, a Sliced Bread or Dudley Dog from standing grapple would be far easier than Reign's move could ever be from that position

Oh, the "I dunno though" was in reference to the Sliced Bread, not the Punch and Spear. My fault. I know that move was a nightmare to pull off so I agree with the corner activation being a good call. And it is beautifully captured so well done on that

Just been looking at the leaked list of DLC characters, after Arctic Roman Reigns, there's New Year's Ricochet, Warrior Ruby Riott and Raider Velveteen Dream. So we should be getting 3 new towers and maybe new moves for those characters, anyone think what moves they could be?

There is already a Ricochet tower.

Ruby is part of the Rhea Ripley one

And The Dream is also part of one. I think the Pete Dunne one, but I'm not sure.

I like the precedent of getting new hairstyle caw parts as DLC. I think The Fiend's hair came for male caws in Bump In The Night pack didn't it? There's a Becky Lynch hairstyle for women that I don't remember seeing at launch. In any event there's a long pigtail hair that's locked behind Road To Glory mode that illustrates my point.

More hairs as caw part dlc = great.

Locking behind grind progress = bad.

Seriously 2k, just unlock things from the beginning. We bought the accelerator, and don't want to play towers/dlc stories. Create Modes are the life blood of your games.

These ladder matches in Roman's Wasteland warrior tower are rediculous. First of all the 2nd March against Jeff is in super speed. I can get him to red health but he'll reverse an Irish whip, sprint up the ladder and pull it down, making me waste 15 mins of my life waiting for the match to decide I've earnt a 5 star rating etc. And all that besides the clunky ladder controls. Remember when one button picked up the ladder and opened it up, and climbed it/reached for the briefcase? Simple times.

These ladder matches in Roman's Wasteland warrior tower are rediculous. First of all the 2nd March against Jeff is in super speed. I can get him to red health but he'll reverse an Irish whip, sprint up the ladder and pull it down, making me waste 15 mins of my life waiting for the match to decide I've earnt a 5 star rating etc. And all that besides the clunky ladder controls. Remember when one button picked up the ladder and opened it up, and climbed it/reached for the briefcase? Simple times.

Just cheese it, man. I beat like 6 out of the 8 matches in under 3 minutes by doing what the AI does. Lol.

Just cheese it, man. I beat like 6 out of the 8 matches in under 3 minutes by doing what the AI does. Lol.

Another tip, don't have a ladder in the ring when you have no interest in climbing for the prize yourself.

Think I got through each match in Romans tower in under 2 mins just by getting a ladder from the side of the Ring,climbing up and waiting for the opponent to climb up.

When both are at the top either punch or graple him until you've thrown him of the ladder.

When you thrown the opponent from the ladder to the ring, reach up and start the minigame to get the ladder.

Should take you about 3-4 tries before getting the win.

Think I got through each match in Romans tower in under 2 mins just by getting a ladder from the side of the Ring,climbing up and waiting for the opponent to climb up.

When both are at the top either punch or graple him until you've thrown him of the ladder.

When you thrown the opponent from the ladder to the ring, reach up and start the minigame to get the ladder.

Should take you about 3-4 tries before getting the win.

Basically, I just wait for AI to do the whole thing - setup, climb the ladder and fill-up the bar until the last one. Hit him down and hammer throw him out of the ring. Then I just climb and complete the last bar. Easy!

Archived