DLC Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the accelerator was a mistake after all.

It's a additional supposed-to-be story-DLC. Ofcourse you have to play it to unlock stuff. Infact...for years now people requested the classic way of unlocking stuff back, as opposed to use VC for everything... Damned if they do, damned if they don't

It's a additional supposed-to-be story-DLC. Ofcourse you have to play it to unlock stuff. Infact...for years now people requested the classic way of unlocking stuff back, as opposed to use VC for everything... Damned if they do, damned if they don't

If you have the accelerator as a purchasable item it should unlock everything, including DLC items.

If you have the accelerator as a purchasable item it should unlock everything, including DLC items.

Why? It's a completely different unlocking method being used here. Unlike with VC there is no grind involved. Literally all you have to do, is play the DLC that you also deided to purchase. If you don't want to play it, no need to pay for it.

The same way any other story DLC in a game won't immediately give you access to all new guns & skins etc.

Remember when arenas just had the soundtrack in the background instead of commentary :lol:

They really don't let us use Bludgeon Brothers' attires and Twisted Nikki Cross outside of Showcase (unless we use up slots)

Why? It's a completely different unlocking method being used here. Unlike with VC there is no grind involved. Literally all you have to do, is play the DLC that you also deided to purchase. If you don't want to play it, no need to pay for it.

The same way any other story DLC in a game won't immediately give you access to all new guns & skins etc.

The accelerator would unlock the HoF showcase DLC back in the day so I see no reason for it to stop. It is also still a grind, just a different kind. You're seeing it with people complain about the Bludgeon Brother 2v1 and how frustrating it is to try and get through.

The only thing that would throw me off about all that, which I agree with, is in cases where it affects the ability to download a CAW. I don't remember which year it was, 17 maybe, I was gonna unlock everything naturally despite having the accelerator (which I still oppose purchasing but I got the season pass discounted) and it felt good having to unlock a new CC like any traditional character in any other game. But when it started to affect my universe plans, I said *Censored* it and activated the accelerator.

When you want it now, you want it now, and when you have something that says you should have it now, you shouldn't have to wait til later for it. It's still a grind if you have to dread playing through it

Edit:: and I completely missed Sunshine's reply, which pretty much said the same sheeit XD

Tbh, I downloaded the DLC last night and just wanted to use the Fiend for the first time in a fun showcase before I went to bed, but I had to do these stupid squash matches in a cemetery. Kinda took away the specialness for me. Didnt even finish it because it was so late

The accelerator would unlock the HoF showcase DLC back in the day so I see no reason for it to stop. It is also still a grind, just a different kind. You're seeing it with people complain about the Bludgeon Brother 2v1 and how frustrating it is to try and get through.

Which, quite honestly, is baffling to me. The match has the BB basically in passive mode and you don't even need to do the objectives at all, if all you want to do is get through the showcase. Either way. Saying that it was automatically unlocked for a DLC in the past (did you even need accelerator for that?) isn't really an argument. Just another thing where I could ask the same question.

Which, quite honestly, is baffling to me. The match has the BB basically in passive mode and you don't even need to do the objectives at all, if all you want to do is get through the showcase. Either way. Saying that it was automatically unlocked for a DLC in the past (did you even need accelerator for that?) isn't really an argument. Just another thing where I could ask the same question.

Because not everybody wants to play through the towers. Some people just want the characters and the CAW parts to start making things or to download things that may require having them.

I agree. I only play the games for universe really. If they really do have the next gen feature to only install modes you want, everything else but universe and exhibition can go. I want my stuff unlocked from the start. Everything.

I'd enjoy complaining about the Bludgeon 2v1, but I can't get Finn to hit a rebound attack no matter how many times I try, Wicked Aleister just runs pass, hits the ropes and stops. Then irish whip is clunky it either throws them over top rope or goes to the corner.

*Censored* grinding, I prefer everything unlocked from the get go. However, I don't like that the accelerator auto unlocks all this year. Some just use it to edit the Wrestlers stats. Next year? 2K should allow people to edit the stats from the get go. Why force people to pay just for that?

Archived