DLC Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

This is the type of shit that appeals to casuals and reviewers, so I'm kind of glad that 1) it was delayed so factored into none of the reviews and 2) came about in a game that was a mess. Hopefully they revert back to proper DLC next year.

They need to realise the majority of the few people that buy their DLC want new wrestlers, current and legends. If Bump in the Night is any indication we'll be gimped on the amount of new moves we get from DLC this year, but they've tarted it up with text based "scenes", shit CAW parts, reskins of people already in the game and boring towers to make it seem like more complex DLC than moves packs, legends and NXT packs appear on paper. But it's a shallow, hollow experience.

2K gained a lot of kudos with the community when they originally took over and vowed not to count dupes towards roster count, which THQ used to do. Now they're desperate they're gonna claim that 2K20 has the most DLC wrestlers ever and they're all going to goofy duplicates.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the type of shit that appeals to casuals and reviewers, so I'm kind of glad that 1) it was delayed so factored into none of the reviews and 2) came about in a game that was a mess. Hopefully they revert back to proper DLC next year.

They need to realise the majority of the few people that buy their DLC want new wrestlers, current and legends. If Bump in the Night is any indication we'll be gimped on the amount of new moves we get from DLC this year, but they've tarted it up with text based "scenes", shit CAW parts, reskins of people already in the game and boring towers to make it seem like more complex DLC than moves packs, legends and NXT packs appear on paper. But it's a shallow, hollow experience.

2K gained a lot of kudos with the community when they originally took over and vowed not to count dupes towards roster count, which THQ used to do. Now they're desperate they're gonna claim that 2K20 has the most DLC wrestlers ever and they're all going to goofy duplicates.

Where?

They're gonna claim. Once the rest of the DLC is revealed to be all dupes.

All Four 2K Originals now available! The Biggest DLC we've ever released with over 30 NEW Superstars, etc etc

It's coming and it'll be a *censored*ing lie.

Based on what exactly? You already pointed out that they don't count dupes towards their roster count so what gives you any idea that it would be different here?

2K Towers with full stories and unique versions of WWE Superstars

Literally how they promoted the reskins.

No "New DLC roster member included" except for...The Fiend. And even then it mentions it being Bray's new persona

2K Towers with full stories and unique versions of WWE Superstars

Literally how they promoted the reskins.

Because they've already advertised the 2K Originals as containing new Superstars, when they don't. At best it'll contain one new one, The Fiend, which is still just a gimmick rework of a guy already in the game.

So it's clear they consider these dupes as new superstars.

Edited my previous post with a direct quote from their website

https://wwe.2k.com/news/the-fiend-bray-wyatt-wwe-2k20-originals-preorder/

Ah, they've edited it. Cool so they're preparing for the backlash.

You can still see they originally promised new superstars on the 2K proper site

https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037565473-What-are-WWE-2K20-Originals-

And how does that count as promoting the DLC packs as "Most DLC wrestlers ever", when it isn't even on the proper WWE games site?

The fact that, according to you, they already edited the WWE Games page to NOT include that anymore, should be more of an indicator of the opposite.

And yeah. The 2k Support page always sucked. Last year it falsely told people that the pre-order DLC boni would be available for free for everyone

Does anybody have a Invisible Viper Orton in the DLC Cutscene when fighting against him?

Watched a few videos now and everything about the cutscene makes me believe the model should be invisible, but the model just doesnt vanish.

I find that very strange because i have no clue if that is supposed to be like that or if that is a huge bug.

While i'm not into fantasy stuff and would have preferred the time and effort going into the main game and focusing on sim based action, the Originals actually would have been fun as a completely separate mode with more over the top moves, fast paced action and an overall arcade feel

Add to that music during the matches instead of this boring silence with just commentary and more interactions with the environment

They got all these cool looking spots in both the arenas and backstage areas and you can't do shit

https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037565473-What-are-WWE-2K20-Originals-

And how does that count as promoting the DLC packs as "Most DLC wrestlers ever", when it isn't even on the proper WWE games site?

The fact that, according to you, they already edited the WWE Games page to NOT include that anymore, should be more of an indicator of the opposite.

And yeah. The 2k Support page always sucked. Last year it falsely told people that the pre-order DLC boni would be available for free for everyone

He is saying that is WHAT they would say down the road. Fact is at one point they listed new superstars, it's irrelevant if they changed it now....we know there aren't any new wrestlers coming at this point.

He is saying that is WHAT they would say down the road. Fact is at one point they listed new superstars, it's irrelevant if they changed it now....we know there aren't any new wrestlers coming at this point.

Not when it comes to his point. Something he agreed with a few posts above

Theres two versions of the neck break, one from the seated position and one from the kneeling position. He only has the kneeling one by default.

Hmmm, need to double check when I get home from work... I clipped a majority of his debut match in my game, just can't remember how I set it up before doing the move.

Archived