DLC Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lmao, we will, to 1000%, not get Chris Jericho, what are you smoking? ?

Flamebaiting aside, I wouldn't count him out 100%, Jericho was, is, and most likely will always be a big name. I can see a deal being worked out to get him in, even if it just a copy/paste of 2016 "List of Jericho" Y2J from 2K19. AEW has a video game of their own in the works, and I can a deal being worked out like "If you let us use have Jericho in our game, we'll give you a handful of guys we have under legends deals for your game". We have gotten Hogan before while he was TNA, so Jericho being in isn't that far from realistic.

I'm actually glad Jericho's not in, i've never liked his model, they always make his abdomen look really weird, i've found the caws of him to be more accurate anyways. Hopefully now some of the top creators like Ryee or Bhangraman makes Jericho and puts all his past models to absolute shame.

I will take any fantasy bullshit they throw my way if we get regular versions of the wrestlers too. Jazzy would totally fit a Mad Max style DLC.

That would actually be a cool idea to make both sides happy.

But that feels like too much to ask for. ^^

Warlord fits the Bill too.

i must admit when i first read no man's land i instantly thought of a war like setting and it made me think of imperium, but i'm now 99% convinced it'll be a women's dlc.

and you're all expecting new wrestlers with the DLC by holding up The Fiend being in the first pack but.... Bray isn't a new wrestler. I get that it's a complete gimmick overall but they already had his body scanned, etc. I hate to be pessimistic but I'm not taking it as a given that the DLC packs will contain new wrestlers.

No Man's Land could just be some sort of war theme. Maybe not specifically a Mad Max type thing.

While I don't think these other Originals packs are guaranteed to come with any new/additional wrestlers I could see something like:

* No Man's Land Pack (War type theme)

- WALTER additional wrestler included (nick name is The Ring General)

* Southpaw Wrestling Pack
- Cameron Grimes additional wrestler included (only southern gimmick wrestler I could think of that's currently on TV. Maybe Jeff Jarrett?)

* Empire of Tomorrow Pack (Futuristic type theme)

- Kushida additional wrestler included (time traveling gimmick)

At this point, I'm just hoping there is at least one real character in every fantasy pack. It's a stretch...but we get Fiend in the first pack. So, maybe the others will include at least one new wrestler who wasn't otherwise in the game.

Depending on how WWE is with Punk these days, one pack could be a comicbook themed pack, and they could give you CM Punk as the real wrestler, and then a bunch of superhero and comic related gimmicks for other wrestlers...and parts for create mode. Connection obviously being that Punk has written comic books. Again...that's a stretch, but I need to maintain some level of hope.

No chance.

Punk's recent dealings have been with Fox, not WWE.

At this point, I'm just hoping there is at least one real character in every fantasy pack. It's a stretch...but we get Fiend in the first pack. So, maybe the others will include at least one new wrestler who wasn't otherwise in the game.

Depending on how WWE is with Punk these days, one pack could be a comicbook themed pack, and they could give you CM Punk as the real wrestler, and then a bunch of superhero and comic related gimmicks for other wrestlers...and parts for create mode. Connection obviously being that Punk has written comic books. Again...that's a stretch, but I need to maintain some level of hope.

No chance.

Just like Goldberg's and Sting's deals were with 2K originally, not WWE. There is a chance he'll be back sooner rather than later.

No chance.

People can sign independent contracts with the video game people and still not be on WWE television. It has already happened in the past. RVD did exactly that one year, and then went to Impact Wrestling...

It would only come down to whether WWE want to allow Punk to be in the game or not...which I doubt they would shoot-down, because, why the hell would they?

In any case, I'm expecting him to be pre-order bonus next year instead of being added now.

after the poor roster this year only thing that i could see saving it is a nwo dlc pack

curt hennig

rick rude

hollywood hogan

scott steiner

macho man

hall and nash outsiders attires black and red

eric bischoff as a manager

but thats not gonna happen

i can dream tho

way 2 many missing legends and normal roster stars, and so far all dlc looks like bs customs fantasy stuff that should b left for caw makers , 2k cut costs this year big time, they all about saying money, well im sure after this mess they will lose 40% of players, if not this year defo next , gamers will gwt sick of it and if will end up like a fifa game u dont care if u miss a year or 2

Have to wonder now...if the rumored DLC packs were true, are they frantically being axed now to make way for more standard DLC? I can't imagine 2K is having a very good day today. Lol.

I can't see them wasting the time and money they've already put into them. If anything I can see a cheap "make good" like they did with Masked Kane in WWE 12 where we just get a handful of the current/NXT guys that were removed, like Lio, the Ascension & Killian Dain with their stuff from last year.

Think we'll get DLC tomorrow or think that's next week?

Probably after the game is out, so they can steal some deluxe edition orders before people realize they're getting nothing but nonsense. Lol.

That's what's worrying me, I'm wondering whether to drop my preorder down to the standard edition if they don't announce it.

Sorry to jump in withiut going through the whole thread, so this year we dont have DLC superstar packs like the previous years? I only read about 2k originals.

Edit: nevermind, read the previous comments

Sorry to jump in withiut going through the whole thread, so this year we dont have DLC superstar packs like the previous years? I only read about 2k originals.

Edit: nevermind, read the previous comments

As far as we know, yes.

There's still a "snowball's chance in hell" that this might change...but, I wouldn't count on it.

Archived