DLC Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

Talking about no moves pack there also no excelerater (sorry cant spell this morning) this year or nothing i seen so far.

The new moves are in the Originals Pack so there might be some interesting moves added to those superstars instead of releasing it as a Moves Pack. We will know until they release more info (if 2K will provide an in depth look, or we will know it in about 2 and a half weeks)

Accelerator is included as pack of the Deluxe or Collectors Edition. (or Separate DLC purchase)

Ok thanks for the information some how i missed that

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God this DLC is gonna really bad, bunch of goofy fantasy and spoof characters from a goofy spoof show wwe did on youtube, what on earth possessed them to do this? thats fine for those who are on board with this but i'm not, i hope the sells are terrible for these just so they go back to actual DLC with actual wrestlers and a moves pack.

You can say alot should already be on disc but sometimes they can't get them on disk in time, sometimes DLC is the only way they can get them in, but now with fantasy DLC we wont ever get anyone in that may have debuted a little late.

God this DLC is gonna really bad, bunch of goofy fantasy and spoof characters from a goofy spoof show wwe did on youtube, what on earth possessed them to do this? thats fine for those who are on board with this but i'm not, i hope the sells are terrible for these just so they go back to actual DLC with actual wrestlers and a moves pack.

You can say alot should already be on disc but sometimes they can't get them on disk in time, sometimes DLC is the only way they can get them in, but now with fantasy DLC we wont ever get anyone in that may have debuted a little late.

The Fiend is listerally Day 1 DLC

Like who? The very latest we got was Joe in 2K16 and even that was a real exception to the rule. Last year the latest guy we got was Lashley, a post Mania RAW return, and during the PS3 era we were getting post Mania RAW returns all the time on disc, like Cryme Tyme in SVR2009. For the most part DLC became a cash grab to hold people back who would have been in the base game otherwise.

For the most part DLC became a cash grab to hold people back who would have been in the base game otherwise.

Honestly, this is a bullshit statement, based on what you perceive the development process to be.

Not to mention, if there was any truth to them "holding" content for DLC...it wouldn't change just because they wasted the DLC on a bunch of nonsense. If they actually did specifically hold certain characters behind a paywall...it would just mean waiting a full year for another game to release instead of paying for the DLC to get them this year.

You aren't going to get those allegedly "withheld" characters in the current game just because they decided to use the DLC to add Jack Skellington and the Headless Horseman...

That's what everyone is saying here. Using the DLC to add real characters will guarantee the most up to date roster possible. Whether or not there is any truth to characters being put in DLC when they could be in the main game is frankly irrelevant and doesn't change that getting those characters as DLC is better than not getting them at all.

For the most part DLC became a cash grab to hold people back who would have been in the base game otherwise.

Honestly, this is a bullshit statement, based on what you perceive the development process to be.

Not to mention, if there was any truth to them "holding" content for DLC...it wouldn't change just because they wasted the DLC on a bunch of nonsense. If they actually did specifically hold certain characters behind a paywall...it would just mean waiting a full year for another game to release instead of paying for the DLC to get them this year.

You aren't going to get those allegedly "withheld" characters in the current game just because they decided to use the DLC to add Jack Skellington and the Headless Horseman...

That's what everyone is saying here. Using the DLC to add real characters will guarantee the most up to date roster possible. Whether or not there is any truth to characters being put in DLC when they could be in the main game is frankly irrelevant and doesn't change that getting those characters as DLC is better than not getting them at all.

Again, we could see everyone that usually comes in DLC on the disc. In the years before DLC was a thing all the post-Mania RAW debuts/returns would end up on disc if they were to make it in, like Lesnar in Shut Your Mouth back in the PS2 days. Granted, if we are missing important names like Matt Riddle and Keith Lee then by all means get the pitchforks and torches but for now, there is no reason not to expect otherwise. They are perfectly capable of getting us our usual DLC timeframe on-disc, I doubt they'd risk the backlash of favouring fantasy over filling out holes in the roster.

I'm aware The Fiend is day one but he's the only actual wrestler/character we're getting for DLC this year. I just don't like that, i'm not in to using fantasy characters in these games, i never used the Terminator or any non wrestler DLC, and the fact that literally every DLC character we're getting is going to be fantasy/original is ridiculous.

I'm aware The Fiend is day one but he's the only actual wrestler/character we're getting for DLC this year. I just don't like that, i'm not in to using fantasy characters in these games, i never used the Terminator or any non wrestler DLC, and the fact that literally every DLC character we're getting is going to be fantasy/original is ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous, exactly? I'm not the biggest fan of it either but don't sit there and pretend we didn't go decades without DLC and were just fine with even worse rosters.

We don't know anything about the other DLC packs as of now and the fact that the Fiend is in, is an indicator that there might be more additional characters.

I rarely, if ever, use any in-game wrestlers while playing the game. So all I ever get from DLCs are attire pieces, entrance motions and moves. For that The Terminator has helped much more than someone like EC3, for example. I expect something similar with these packs. Additionally all this fantasy stuff is going to enhance Lucha CAWs alot.

So yeah. I'm definitely looking forward to what we will get.

Plus the arenas we've seen so far looked awesome.

Why is it ridiculous, exactly? I'm not the biggest fan of it either but don't sit there and pretend we didn't go decades without DLC and were just fine with even worse rosters.

Exactly. People take what we DO get nowadays for granted. I remember back when guys like Ricochet, Andrade, Ali, Aleister Black & The Club wouldn't have made it.

We don't know anything about the other DLC packs as of now and the fact that the Fiend is in, is an indicator that there might be more additional characters.

I rarely, if ever, use any in-game wrestlers while playing the game. So all I ever get from DLCs are attire pieces, entrance motions and moves. For that The Terminator has helped much more than someone like EC3, for example. I expect something similar with these packs. Additionally all this fantasy stuff is going to enhance Lucha CAWs alot.

So yeah. I'm definitely looking forward to what we will get.

Plus the arenas we've seen so far looked awesome.

Thats fine but theres also a large portion like myself who don't use original/fantasy characters, why should we get the shaft? i suggested there be a pack for originals while also having packs that give us actual wrestlers, why can't we have both? why does all of them have to be for original/fantasy characters?

The Fiend is literally Day 1 DLC

Again i'm AWARE of that, so just cause we get ONE actual wrestler that makes up for literally every other DLC being fantasy characters?

My point: We know nothing about the other packs content. But we do know that a real, new character is in atleast one of them.

You're calling for a boycott of something we literally have no information about. We don't even know the in-game roster yet, to conclude that "This guy should definitely have been in the game." and even then there could be a Cross/Ciampa situation, where the budget was too low for the asking price.

Archived