DLC Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive only skimmed the thread. But its not really debatable that there are plenty of ppl to have as DLC.

There is an endless supply of legends.

They arent making WWE Originals because they've run out of wrestlers to add to the game. That is for certain

It is likely a combination of it being way cheaper to just do weird fantasy skins of current ppl already in the game. And maybe they just wanted to try something different idk.

I know one thing. A Yokozuna/Umaga/BoogeyMan/Doink pack would sell way better than Gran Metalik in a spacesuit or whatever they finna do

A plus side for them may be that it is also cheaper, that is true.

And what is your proof that a pack of like 5 guys like that would sell better than entire pack of weapons, showcase material, arenas, towers and the like? And from what I understand Umaga and possibly Yoko are off limits.

There are tons of legends that could be included. Hell, even "legend versions" of guys like Rey Mysterio.

Like who? A random pack of Stevie Ray, Miss Elizabeth and Mortis isn't gonna cut it. You need a big name in there, and we have pretty much every name as is, from Hogan to Savage to Andre to Flair to Kane to Cena. And I doubt an entire pack of duplicates would go down well at all.

I'm not a jaded old bastard...so, I'm sure I'll enjoy the DLC for what it is. I still enjoy "kid stuff". It's not like I'm cancelling my 20th anniversary edition or something. I just maintain that the "originals" stuff is lazy at best...and even if they were adding 15 jobbers who appeared on NXT UK a single time...that would make more sense, if I'm being honest.

ive only skimmed the thread. But its not really debatable that there are plenty of ppl to have as DLC.

There is an endless supply of legends.

They arent making WWE Originals because they've run out of wrestlers to add to the game. That is for certain

It is likely a combination of it being way cheaper to just do weird fantasy skins of current ppl already in the game. And maybe they just wanted to try something different idk.

I know one thing. A Yokozuna/Umaga/BoogeyMan/Doink pack would sell way better than Gran Metalik in a spacesuit or whatever they finna do

A plus side for them may be that it is also cheaper, that is true.

And what is your proof that a pack of like 5 guys like that would sell better than entire pack of weapons, showcase material, arenas, towers and the like? And from what I understand Umaga and possibly Yoko are off limits.

There are tons of legends that could be included. Hell, even "legend versions" of guys like Rey Mysterio.

Like who? A random pack of Stevie Ray, Miss Elizabeth and Mortis isn't gonna cut it. You need a big name in there, and we have pretty much every name as is, from Hogan to Savage to Andre to Flair to Kane to Cena. And I doubt an entire pack of duplicates would go down well at all.

what is this "big name to sell DLC pack" thing coming from? Hulk Hogan...macho...sting...these are not ppl they sell DLC packs with. These are ppl in the base game. DLC has never been about adding big name ppl to sell the packs.

Sgt Slaughter, Legion of Doom, X-Pac, Hurricane, JBL, Terry Funk, William Regal, Harley Race, Nasty Boyz, King Kong Bundy.

these are all ppl they could get. That are just as big as anyone else we've gotten as DLC over the years.

Probably a lot cheaper to base the DLC on people already part of Raw or SD then sign a deal for a legend like Slaughter or X-Pac or a new NXT name. I hate what I've seen from Originals so far but business is business. Just gotta hope it sells a lot worse for them to realize it was a bad idea moving forward.

They could sell a Four Horsemen themed pack, just without Benoit. Course they probably missed the boat on Malenko.

WWE probably aren't happy with Arn and Tully right now with their affiliation with AEW lol

But you know, it just goes back to when they could use them, and chose not to. I know Norman Smiley and Billy Kidman aren't the most marquee names, but you'd think working for WWE would make it easier to get guys like that.

And I've gotta say, *Censored* King Booker. I want Booker T.

I cannot comment on the originals until I know what is included in all packs. If its all fantasy, it is just simply not for me. But if they include ordinary versions as well as themed versions of legends or NXT/UK stars etc - then I will be on board with it. The fantasy stuff can be fun for some and myself and others can enjoy the standard stars included.

My biggest wish for the game is female legends. If I have to take an alien version of Molly Holly in addition to a real version of her - I will take it.

Not to be all panicky, but did they explicitly mention Accelerator this year?

Accelerator and Kickstarter are being sold separately for an undetermined price($4.99?). They're included free in the deluxe and collector's editions

looks like all dlc could be originals, hope thats not true,

looks like they may b killing off legends and going more fantasy, heading towards more like mortal combat crazy stuff, hope thats not true , read that gameplay has been made more simple, it was easy enough hope game isnt real messed up

i would like to see new stars pack

nwo/nwo wolfpac pack so get curt henning back as they taken out mr perfect, think maybe gone as they have 2/3 year contracts for legends,

monday night war pack

rick rude manager and hopefully a playable version along with other good ideas for stars maybe xpac/syxx

anyway im not sure will buy this year round, still no gm mode by looks of it, i may wait to see what reveiws it gets and watch gameplay on youtube.

as a fan of the 80/90s im sad to see legends removed, its ok when crappy ones but when its ones i like huge deal lol

Rocky would be cool as hell, gotta admit...all the boxing moves that could come with that, too.

Now just imagine all of the potential Thunderlips CAWs in Community Creations, now that Hogan is back in the series.

looks like all dlc could be originals, hope thats not true,

looks like they may b killing off legends and going more fantasy, heading towards more like mortal combat crazy stuff, hope thats not true , read that gameplay has been made more simple, it was easy enough hope game isnt real messed up

i would like to see new stars pack

nwo/nwo wolfpac pack so get curt henning back as they taken out mr perfect, think maybe gone as they have 2/3 year contracts for legends,

monday night war pack

rick rude manager and hopefully a playable version along with other good ideas for stars maybe xpac/syxx

anyway im not sure will buy this year round, still no gm mode by looks of it, i may wait to see what reveiws it gets and watch gameplay on youtube.

as a fan of the 80/90s im sad to see legends removed, its ok when crappy ones but when its ones i like huge deal lol

I really hope they aren't going all fantasy with DLC that would suck, i wouldn't be opposed to maybe 1 DLC pack thats fantasy themed but not every pack. DLC for theses games should always be about giving us more wrestlers, new stars, legends and alternate personas.

Archived