DLC Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

I really dont care what the DLC is if the roster turns out to be super up to date any way.

This is true...but, honestly...what are the odds of that happening?

And even if there are one or two notable names missing, that's not a good look. It's always been widely accepted for the WWE games people to say "we tried to get as many people as we could"...but if you're using your DLC for something else, you certainly aren't doing that.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really dont care what the DLC is if the roster turns out to be super up to date any way.

This is true...but, honestly...what are the odds of that happening?

And even if there are one or two notable names missing, that's not a good look. It's always been widely accepted for the WWE games people to say "we tried to get as many people as we could"...but if you're using your DLC for something else, you certainly aren't doing that.

What do you want them to do? Legends are a wall of diminishing returns, we have practically every major name of the 80s, 90s & 00s, and the only real "shocking" name they have left is Jeff Jarrett. As for current/NXT/205 etc. the only real names we have seen in the DLC have made their debut on the post-WrestleMania week, bar Joe in 2K16 and Lars in 2K18. It's not like they were using DLC to truly update the game, or else we'd be seeing people like Toni Storm and Kushida in 2K19. I'm not saying we'll get every man and woman in the PC or on the NXT house show loops, but Humberto's inclusion really raises the probability of us getting pretty much NXT regular down to around Kona Reeves/Aliyah level. With both current and the past out, that just leaves one option, original content. I can see the Southpaw pack having some pretty funny commentary lines, especially if they lampshade their real characters, like shutting down the idea of Dan Bandana/Rene Beret teaming with Kane with a definite "Hell No!" or making fun of the Banker's fashion sense. Plus, with shit like weapons, Showcase content and Towers, each individual pack seems bigger than the like 5 guys or handful of moves we've gotten over the last few years.

What do you want them to do?

I want them to add as many people as they can to the main game before release...and then use the DLC to extend who they can add after than. I don't care if the DLC is low-level jobbers...you continue to add whoever you can. Doing anything other than that is a total disregard for "we added as many as we could".

What do you want them to do?

I want them to add as many people as they can to the main game before release...and then use the DLC to extend who they can add after than. I don't care if the DLC is low-level jobbers...you continue to add whoever you can. Doing anything other than that is a total disregard for "we added as many as we could".

And what if you have added all you can? Don't get me wrong, I am all for more wrestlers and building the roster up as high as you can, and would be extremely happy to see Malcom Bivens or Cal Bloom, but it makes no sense to put all the low level jobbers as extra content. That's not how it works in any sports games. Madden wouldn't waste DLC on people who can't even get into the NCAA, Formula One wouldn't bother with Formula Three, FIFA wouldn't bother with non-league teams, and WWE aren't going to bother with the no names in the PC. If the jobbers are going to be in at all it would be on-disc. 2K's only option is to go crazy with what they have.

And what if you have added all you can?

Unless they have literally every single person from all brands of WWE affiliated products in the core game...then they haven't. And utilizing post-release DLC is how you would continue to build on that. So...it's a moot perspective. They're never going to have every single person in the game at launch. That isn't feasible. They could always use DLC to keep adding, at which point they would truly have done "all they can"...and not a moment before that.

And what if you have added all you can?

Unless they have literally every single person from all brands of WWE affiliated products in the core game...then they haven't. And utilizing post-release DLC is how you would continue to build on that. So...it's a moot perspective. They're never going to have every single person in the game at launch. That isn't feasible. They could always use DLC to keep adding, at which point they would truly have done "all they can"...and not a moment before that.

So, you want them to deliberately hold off on people who could have been in the base game otherwise, so they can just "keep adding"? I don't know about you, but I'd rather see as many people in the base game as possible over being deliberately held off as DLC just to give a false impression of continuing to build the roster. The PC and house show guys will never be in the games, especially not as DLC.

So, you want them to deliberately hold off on people who could have been in the base game otherwise, so they can just "keep adding"?

How the *Censored* did you get that from anything that I said?

It's the only solution you seem to leave them with. We have every major name they can get in terms of legends, the current main roster in full is now a given, it seems like every frequent NXT: US name on TV is likely, and the house show roster isn't happening. Yet you're insistent they keep blindly adding new people to DLC. What else can they do, other than hold some newbies back?

You make no damn sense, I swear.

I said that there is no way to have a complete up to date roster on release. So they should use the DLC to keep adding people. At what point does any of that hint at me saying that they should intentionally hold people back to add as DLC?

Let me put it as simply as I can. If freakin' Humberto can make it of all people, I don't see why we're not gonna be able to get a full roster of the NXT regulars.

Ryder, if I'm getting the basis of this argument right then this whole thing revolves around getting in "everyone we can". I don't think Gen is trying to overcomplicate it. He simply said that getting as close to a full roster as possible first and using the DLC to throw in the rest is how you get "everyone we can".

I know ultimately WWE decides the rosters so maybe thst quote is legit. Maybe everyone who 2k gets in really is their limit due to reasons but bottom line is if they have the ability to keep going, but they don't, regardless of the superstar's relevance in the company, it's not "everyone". It's just "everyone that matters".

Carrillo has been on the main roster since Jan. He should be a shoe in. Everyone that came after him, especially if they hit NXT after he hit 205, is a dice roll

That's what Ryderfan was asking about tho.

Who is this "everyone" that should be included?

Exactly. Let me break it down:

• A full main roster should be expected
  • We have pretty much every major legend 2K can realistically get. The guys we'll most likely be missing are Jericho (AEW), Owen Hart (Martha), CM Punk (bad terms) and Chris Benoit (Obvious reasons)
  • We aren't getting the scrubs at the Performance Centre, even games like Madden and FIFA, which are much bigger names with bigger budgets, don't go THAT deep with their rosters

So who does that leave? If our NXT roster even looks close to what is spoilered below I don't see how anyone has any right to complain:

Adam Cole*

Aliyah

Angelo Dawkins*

Bianca Belair*

Bobby Fish*

Candice LeRae*

Dakota Kai*

Danny Burch

Dominik Dijakovic

Io Shirai

Jaxson Ryker

Jessamyn Duke

Johnny Gargano*

Kacy Catanzaro

Keith Lee

Killian Dain*

Kona Reeves

Kushida

Kyle O'Reilly*

Marina Shafir

Matt Riddle

Mia Yim

Montez Ford*

Oney Lorcan*

Roderick Strong*

Shane Thorne*

Shayna Baszler*

Steve Cutler

Taynara Conti

Tomasso Ciampa*

Vanessa Bourne

Velveteen Dream*

Wesley Blake*

(Anyone with a * next to their name has appeared in at least one previous game)

If you want to keep adding after getting all those guys on-disc, then who does that leave for DLC? Names like Babatunde and Kavita Devi are not going to sell DLC packs. If you want to use the DLC to "keep adding" that only leaves the option to intentionally hold people back to create a false impression it does so.

Barring anything going down with him and AEW, it surprised me that Punk said he'd atleast take the call if WWE reached out. I didn't know that I'd hear that anytime soon...certainly not while still in this decade. I don't follow the sheets to know WWE's response to him saying that....I'm just saying if I had to think of who the hottest preorder for 2K21 could be....

• We have pretty much every major legend 2K can realistically get. The guys we'll most likely be missing are Jericho (AEW), Owen Hart (Martha), CM Punk (bad terms) and Chris Benoit (Obvious reasons)
  • We aren't getting the scrubs at the Performance Centre, even games like Madden and FIFA, which are much bigger names with bigger budgets, don't go THAT deep with their rosters

So who does that leave? If our NXT roster even looks close to what is spoilered below I don't see how anyone has any right to complain:

Adam Cole*

Aliyah

Angelo Dawkins*

Bianca Belair*

Bobby Fish*

Candice LeRae*

Dakota Kai*

Danny Burch

Dominik Dijakovic

Io Shirai

Jaxson Ryker

Jessamyn Duke

Johnny Gargano*

Kacy Catanzaro

Keith Lee

Killian Dain*

Kona Reeves

Kushida

Kyle O'Reilly*

Marina Shafir

Matt Riddle

Mia Yim

Montez Ford*

Oney Lorcan*

Roderick Strong*

Shane Thorne*

Shayna Baszler*

Steve Cutler

Taynara Conti

Tomasso Ciampa*

Vanessa Bourne

Velveteen Dream*

Wesley Blake*

If you want to keep adding after getting all those guys on-disc, then who does that leave for DLC? Names like Babatunde and Kavita Devi are not going to sell DLC packs. If you want to use the DLC to "keep adding" that only leaves the option to intentionally hold people back to create a false impression it does so.

If the roster does in fact include everyone listed there and the bulk of the NXT UK talent as well then I'll hold my hands up and say fair play to 2K for getting it done the right way.

But seeing as there's not been a roster reveal it's very hard to judge whether or not to get excited about said roster. Yet up until a couple of days ago we knew more about the DLC than the actual game itself. Surely you can understand why that might concern some people who are on the fence about purchasing the game or are just concerned that one of their favourites might not make the cut... After all, not even the full main roster is truly a lock until revealed.

I don't know about Madden as I haven't played since '12 but FIFA kind of contradicts your point... It literally has the Saudi league included with fully licensed kits from said league. Who would realistically have expected that before it happened. Hell, England have 4 divisions in the game which is over 80 teams from just one countries' league system. That's pretty above and beyond what you'd expect from the average game. But as you say, much bigger budget.

Adam Cole*

Aliyah

Angelo Dawkins*

Bianca Belair*

Bobby Fish*

Candice LeRae*

Dakota Kai*

Danny Burch

Dominik Dijakovic

Io Shirai

Jaxson Ryker

Jessamyn Duke

Johnny Gargano*

Kacy Catanzaro

Keith Lee

Killian Dain*

Kona Reeves

Kushida

Kyle O'Reilly*

Marina Shafir

Matt Riddle

Mia Yim

Montez Ford*

Oney Lorcan*

Roderick Strong*

Shane Thorne*

Shayna Baszler*

Steve Cutler

Taynara Conti

Tomasso Ciampa*

Vanessa Bourne

Velveteen Dream*

Wesley Blake*

If the roster does in fact include everyone listed there and the bulk of the NXT UK talent as well then I'll hold my hands up and say fair play to 2K for getting it done the right way.

But seeing as there's not been a roster reveal it's very hard to judge whether or not to get excited about said roster. Yet up until a couple of days ago we knew more about the DLC than the actual game itself. Surely you can understand why that might concern some people who are on the fence about purchasing the game or are just concerned that one of their favourites might not make the cut... After all, not even the full main roster is truly a lock until revealed.

I don't know about Madden as I haven't played since '12 but FIFA kind of contradicts your point... It literally has the Saudi league included with fully licensed kits from said league. Who would realistically have expected that before it happened. Hell, England have 4 divisions in the game which is over 80 teams from just one countries' league system. That's pretty above and beyond what you'd expect from the average game. But as you say, much bigger budget.

Honestly I think my list is a good baseline for what to expect when it comes to NXT this year. According to SmackDown Hotel's website last year's NXT roster had 28 people and there are 33 there. Granted, we still may miss a few lower enders like the Highers or Kona Reeves, but I'm pretty confident we'll get the majority of that list.

However, if I am being honest I am not expecting a big NXT: UK roster at all, and this is coming from a huge fan of that show. NXT: US & 205Live had tiny rosters in their debut years in the series, and I don't see a show that's barely D-level getting much of a look. If I had to predict a roster:

Walter

Alexander Wolfe*

Fabiem Aicher

Marcel Bartel

Pete Dunne*

Tyler Bate*

Trent Seven

Kassisus Ohno*

Noam Dar*

Toni Storm

Rhea Ripley

Zack Gibson

James Drake

At an absolute push:

Kay Lee Ray

Tegan Nox

Jinny

Flash Morgan Webster

Mark Andrews

Travis Banks

Joe Coffey

Mark Coffey

Wolfgang

The thing is, I'm sure the Saudi league is the top league in that country, much like RAW & SmackDown are for WWE. FIFA does not include non-league teams like Chelmsford City for instance, which are the equivalent of the PC guys.

However, if it does turn out that NXT is missing major names and all this 2K originals stuff doesn't fix that, then they deserve whatever backlash they get, but for now just hold your horses people, at least til we get the full picture.

ive only skimmed the thread. But its not really debatable that there are plenty of ppl to have as DLC.

There is an endless supply of legends.

They arent making WWE Originals because they've run out of wrestlers to add to the game. That is for certain

It is likely a combination of it being way cheaper to just do weird fantasy skins of current ppl already in the game. And maybe they just wanted to try something different idk.

I know one thing. A Yokozuna/Umaga/BoogeyMan/Doink pack would sell way better than Gran Metalik in a spacesuit or whatever they finna do

Archived