DLC Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Empire of tomorrow is probably futuristic stuff. I don't see why you would see the themes of the other three and think it means NXT.

What about the term "futuristic" excludes future stars?

Nothing, but for once he has a point. I wouldn't get your hopes up for NXT, it's most likely Sci-Fi stuff. I wouldn't be surprised to see some Star Trek knock-off attires in there.

Empire of tomorrow is probably futuristic stuff. I don't see why you would see the themes of the other three and think it means NXT.

Nothing, but for once he has a point. I wouldn't get your hopes up for NXT, it's most likely Sci-Fi stuff. I wouldn't be surprised to see some Star Trek knock-off attires in there.

No one said anything about the pack not having a theme to it. It's the whole gimmick of these Originals DLC. But there is no reason to assume that "Empire of tomorrow" is nothing but Sci-Fi redesigns of the in-game wrestlers, when "Wrestlers of Tomorrow" also fits with the theme well enough. "Tomorrow" here doesn't need to be Sci-Fi based. It could also be a Empire (WWE) in 10/20/30 years kind of theme. With a custom Raw and SmackDown, aswell as other "futuristic" stuff, that isn't straight up Space Odyssey

"Empire of Tomorrow" doesn't need to mean NXT, for NXT wrestler to be present in the pack, most obviously KUSHIDA.

No one said anything about the pack not having a theme to it. It's the whole gimmick of these Originals DLC. But there is no reason to assume that "Empire of tomorrow" is nothing but Sci-Fi redesigns of the in-game wrestlers, when "Wrestlers of Tomorrow" also fits with the theme well enough. "Tomorrow" here doesn't need to be Sci-Fi based. It could also be a Empire (WWE) in 10/20/30 years kind of theme. With a custom Raw and SmackDown, aswell as other "futuristic" stuff, that isn't straight up Space Odyssey

"Empire of Tomorrow" doesn't need to mean NXT, for NXT wrestler to be present in the pack, most obviously KUSHIDA.

Given how the first pack is just one new guy (Fiend) and a bunch of reskins I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the packs follow suit. Though I see your point about the arenas. Look, I'm not trying to burst your bubble, I'm just trying to stop a stupid backlash when people get upset that 2K "lied" about something they never promised to begin with.

Actually, a thought just came to me; if the Southpaw pack is real, does that confirm Jericho, Rhyno & Simon Gotch as well as a playable Renee Young for the first time?

Given how the first pack is just one new guy (Fiend) and a bunch of reskins I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the packs follow suit. Though I see your point about the arenas. Look, I'm not trying to burst your bubble, I'm just trying to stop a stupid backlash when people get upset that 2K "lied" about something they never promised to begin with.

Actually, a thought just came to me; if the Southpaw pack is real, does that confirm Jericho, Rhyno & Simon Gotch as well as a playable Renee Young for the first time?

They can easily do a Southpaw DLC without Jericho, Rhynp, Gotch & TJP. Just like they did a Bryan Showcase without Punk, Ryback, AJ & The Nexus.

A playable Renee would actually pretty sweet. Would not use her often but would be cool for storyline purposes. I wish they would just make all the NPCs/managers playable.

Those packs sound believable after the "bump in the night" shit...and they also sound like shit. All of the DLC packs are going to be "fantasy extras" for characters already in the game. It's going to be ass. I wish I could still order the SD anniversary edition without actually paying full price for the DLC at this point. I want the physical stuff...but not the DLC. Never said that before.

I really dont care what the DLC is if the roster turns out to be super up to date any way.

They got The Fiend in, and KUSHIDA, but I feel like most others from NXT will probably already be in the base game. I wouldnt be surprised if several NXT UK people made it in either.

Wait what? When was KUSHIDA confirmed?

Archived