DLC Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

we still have no idea what is in the other originals, or official roster or other dlc stuff, right now its just a whole lot of speculation and taking shots in the dark. It's a wait and see kind of thing.

Look.

Obviously we're all waiting to see what the other packs will hold. It goes without saying that no one should be super pissed until all of the content is revealed. But...the name of the content is "originals"...because it will be original content. NXT stars are not original content. Legends are not original content. The first pack is 99% likely to be indicative of what we should expect from the others. Let's not kid ourselves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One pack I would like to see (if this is the direction we're headed), would be "ancient civilizations" or something along those lines. An arena with a wrestling ring on top of a Mayan temple, Rey Mysterio with a Mayan attire, McIntyre with Picti facepaint and full warrior garb, Nakamura as a Samurai, etc.

Since I'm pretty sure these are the types of packs we're getting...I could at least use some of those as cool entrance attires.

Also, I half-wonder if they are going to put the WWE Ninja Turtle collab in the game for one of these packs. I would find that kind of useless...but I wouldn't be completely opposed to it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Censored* it, I wanna see a time travel pack. Give me the Revival as Hart Foundation members or Hogan in Undisputed Era gear.

Great way to sneak Kushida in as...himself lol

wait hold up people are mad The Fiend, who literally JUST debuted, is DLC?

You mean the bray wyatt that despite having JUST debuted...is a preorder bonus you can unlock day one if you preorder the game?

Exactly that one...the one that is ready by the time the game goes gold, but is locked behind a dlc pack unless you preorder the full price game.

Bump in the Nights horror vibe is perfect for its fall release following the launch of WWE 2K20 on Tuesday, Oct. 22.

that doesnt sound like Day 1 to me.

Like all these Originals packs then? Don't be such a buzzkill.

No...not at all. Because "Bump in the Night" contains new parts. There is nothing new about putting Revival in Hart Foundation gear, or Hogan in Undisputed gear. None of that requires anything that isn't already in the base game. I'm only a "buzzkill" for pointless ideas that don't make any sense. You can literally already do full attire swaps with the "copy and paste" feature in the current game.

Like all these Originals packs then? Don't be such a buzzkill.

No...not at all. Because "Bump in the Night" contains new parts. There is nothing new about putting Revival in Hart Foundation gear, or Hogan in Undisputed gear. None of that requires anything that isn't already in the base game. I'm only a "buzzkill" for pointless ideas that don't make any sense. You can literally already do full attire swaps with the "copy and paste" feature in the current game.

Not true in the slightest. How many shirts have Undisputed Era had since 2K19 dropped? 2? 3? You could easily slap one on Hogan and BOOM!, you can now update the rest of UE too. On top of that, both Hogan and O'Reilly and known for Air Guitaring their belts, why not give them a tag entrance so they can Air Guitar together? Or right now in create a victory you have to choose between Hogan doing the UE taunt or doing his signature ear cup and air guitar. Why not give us a victory where he does all three? And that's just one guy. A time travel pack could be full of that sorts of stuff. A tag entrance for Andre & Show, a fantasy shirt for the team of Zayn & HBK, heck maybe even a remix of Lovefurypassionenergy and Celtic Invasion for a Becky Lynch & Lita tag team. Your imagination is the limit with a pack like that, heck, maybe you could throw something together for a really random duo like Erick Rowan and Funaki. It isn't just "copy and pasting an attire", as you put it.

What is this "fantasy shirt" nonsense? You can do that shit with custom logos.

Stop having bad ideas.

The same way your ancient civilizations idea could be solved with "just custom logos". My idea is no worse than yours. You moan at The Shape for being obnoxious in the Politics thread, yet here you are behaving the exact same way.

The same way your ancient civilizations idea could be solved with "just custom logos". My idea is no worse than yours.

Yeah..no.

They would be fully rendered and realized additional characters with unique traits. Especially the arena itself. Why are you acting like you didn't see the "Bump in the Night" pack? Same thing they did there, but with ancient civilizations. For starters, I specifically mentioned McIntyre with facepaint (which is something we haven't been able to do customs for in the past).

If they're selling these characters, it needs to be more than just slapping some custom logos on them. The packs contain unique items and parts. We've already established that. But the shit you mentioned is all stuff that can be done manually. The only exception was having remixed theme songs. I'm not paying for some custom logo "fantasy shirts" or custom entrances of Hulk Hogan playing a championship belt like a guitar. All of that is stuff I can do myself with the in-game editing modes. Literally all of it.

For example, the Bump in the Night pack comes with that "Pumpkin king" themed gear. There isn't a giant Pumpkin head in the game unless you buy that pack. If they did the ancient civilizations concept, Rey could have a giant Mayan head piece that isn't in the game otherwise. It might be goofy content...but it's still new stuff. Everything you said would be a huge waste of money that nobody would need unless they were too lazy to do their own edits.

The most credible source is 2K themselves on their yearly annual reports, just go their cooperate page.

VGChartz is not reliable.

And who is widely accepted source? And who its widely accepted to whom?

And nothing say keeping up with the times than having microstransactios plaguing the game.

SVR 2009 showed us the best is possible, Really?! You know the same game that removed GM mode in the first place and there was nothing to do after RTWM because their career mode at that time was ass. Compared to the one we have now, the one in 2009 sucked big time.

That same game?

I dont why you are using the Dont like, ignore me argument I can use the same argument for you the wwe 2k series so be careful.

Your criticisms are just flawed and most of the time makes no sense at all. I dont why that is so hard for you to grasp.

The report that only spoke about the metascore and not once mentions any 2k19 numbers?

Until you or anybody else gives me "real" numbers, i take what i get because if the numbers would be so good then they would plaster them all around.

SVR2009 is higher rated than 2k19.

Of course you dont get it...thats not even a question.

My criticism is flawed to you...its almost outrageous for me to ask that a current superstar is in the current product they will sell in a few weeks.

Its outrageous to ask that they add him for free later like UFC did who added fighters for free via patch.

I get that its outrageous to ask for the best possible deal for the fans...im aware of that.

Just because there aren't sales numbers out there direct from 2K doesn't suddenly make VGChartz' estimates more reliable or prove anything. Also, it's a lot easier for EA to look like they are doing a good thing by releasing fighters for free when they make boatloads of money off microtransactions.

wait hold up people are mad The Fiend, who literally JUST debuted, is DLC?

I think being excited about the Fiend is lost in the fact that there is ONE legitimate usable wrestler in an entire pack of DLC, and the rest is for shits and giggles. Also, I said it before...look at how long it took for Bray to debut with the mask on WWE television. I kinda have this feeling that he could have debuted on tv a loooooong time ago, and WWE wanted to get the Fiend in the game, so they postponed it. I don't doubt that scenario one bit. Which kinda makes you rethink the whole "wow, they got the Fiend in the game so quickly" perspective.

At the end of the day...yeah, it's cool that the Fiend is in the game when it didn't seem like he would be from an outside perspective. But, again...kind of a moot point given everything else that is happening.

Now...if the "Bump in the Night" pack had Fiend Wyatt, Gangrel, Boogeyman, Mordecai, Buried Alive Match, casket match, shovel as a weapon, etc...I think less people would be complaining.

I really doubt that WWE care about their video game enough to delay anything to make sure it gets into the game. Plus he's DLC, no delay would be necessary to include him.

The same way your ancient civilizations idea could be solved with "just custom logos". My idea is no worse than yours.

Yeah..no.

They would be fully rendered and realized additional characters with unique traits. Especially the arena itself. Why are you acting like you didn't see the "Bump in the Night" pack? Same thing they did there, but with ancient civilizations. For starters, I specifically mentioned McIntyre with facepaint (which is something we haven't been able to do customs for in the past).

If they're selling these characters, it needs to be more than just slapping some custom logos on them. The packs contain unique items and parts. We've already established that. But the shit you mentioned is all stuff that can be done manually. The only exception was having remixed theme songs. I'm not paying for some custom logo "fantasy shirts" or custom entrances of Hulk Hogan playing a championship belt like a guitar. All of that is stuff I can do myself with the in-game editing modes. Literally all of it.

For example, the Bump in the Night pack comes with that "Pumpkin king" themed gear. There isn't a giant Pumpkin head in the game unless you buy that pack. If they did the ancient civilizations concept, Rey could have a giant Mayan head piece that isn't in the game otherwise. It might be goofy content...but it's still new stuff. Everything you said would be a huge waste of money that nobody would need unless they were too lazy to do their own edits.

That bolded bit sums up pretty much everything when it comes to these Originals packs. I have seen the first pack, and they don't all need to be goofy, I dont think WWE & 2K are gonna go bankrupt if they do a pack that is a little more grounded in reality. The creation suite is deep enough that you can create Scuba Kane, Roman Reigns, and Spaceman Cena right now. However, like everything, it has its limits. As you said, you can't put face paint on Drew, however, both your idea and mine can give us Drew with face paint. Yours with ancient civilizations and mine by making the third Road Warrior.

You see, that whole paragraph is where you are mistaken. When it comes to championship & stable entrances & victory motions, you are still incredibly limited. Let me put it this way; I want to create a team of Undertaker and Eric Young, there is no proper tag entrance for them. As of right now I have three choices:

A: Use the Brothers of Destruction entrance, but Young behaves like Kane

2: Use Sanity's entrance, but Taker behaves like Wolfe, Dain or Cross

III: Use a generic tag entrance that suits neither.

Not ideal at all. The same limitations that bog down other Originals ideas bog down Fantasy Teams too. It isn't just "new logos" or "copy & paste" as you like to call it.

Again, I can think of several things you would be able to get exclusive to an originals pack, maybe some spiked shoulder pads for LOD, or maybe they can give us Honky's Elvis-wannabe suit back. Either way, both packs have their positives and negatives.

I really doubt that WWE care about their video game enough to delay anything to make sure it gets into the game. Plus he's DLC, no delay would be necessary to include him.

Thq used to say all WWEs involvement was checking over the roster the company submitted, making necessary changes, and having WWE approve in game models attires.

They werent involved in cut offs, what is dlc, etc.

the only way i see me getting any use and/or enjoyment out of the Originals DLC....is if these fantasy characters are stupid overpowered. And like move faster, jump higher....with crazy gravity defying versions of their moves.

i need Undertaker with purple flame glowing fists or something. Give me Doink like in WM Arcade with the joybuzzer that electrocutes people.

If ur going to give me something as dumb as Sheamus as a gas station attendant...as DLC. He better come with a jumping spinning Irish Curse Backbreaker and a Brogue Kick thats sends the opponent backflipping across the damn ring.

I mean. They could've given us King Sheamus. Debut spiky hair Sheamus with the old Razors Edge finisher. But you giving me Sheamus in a mechanics shirt. There best be a good reason to play as him you know.

I mean. They could've given us King Sheamus. Debut spiky hair Sheamus with the old Razors Edge finisher. But you giving me Sheamus in a mechanics shirt. There best be a good reason to play as him you know.

And who is to say we still aren't getting King Sheamus? We have yet to see the on-disc roster.

the only way i see me getting any use and/or enjoyment out of the Originals DLC....is if these fantasy characters are stupid overpowered. And like move faster, jump higher....with crazy gravity defying versions of their moves.

i need Undertaker with purple flame glowing fists or something. Give me Doink like in WM Arcade with the joybuzzer that electrocutes people.

If ur going to give me something as dumb as Sheamus as a gas station attendant...as DLC. He better come with a jumping spinning Irish Curse Backbreaker and a Brogue Kick thats sends the opponent backflipping across the damn ring.

That Sheamus is supposed to be based on Shaun Of The Dead, not some generic "gas station attendant". He isn't supposed to have any super powers either, since Shaun didn't have any either, he just fought of Zombies with generic weapons & stuff. Which is what you're going to do in Sheamus' "All Fed Up" Story Tower Mode... Fight against Superstars turned into Zombies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIfcaZ4pC-4

10/10 meme matches

Archived