DLC Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

The most credible source is 2K themselves on their yearly annual reports, just go their cooperate page.

VGChartz is not reliable.

And who is widely accepted source? And who its widely accepted to whom?

And nothing say keeping up with the times than having microstransactios plaguing the game.

SVR 2009 showed us the best is possible, Really?! You know the same game that removed GM mode in the first place and there was nothing to do after RTWM because their career mode at that time was ass. Compared to the one we have now, the one in 2009 sucked big time.

That same game?

I dont why you are using the Dont like, ignore me argument I can use the same argument for you the wwe 2k series so be careful.

Your criticisms are just flawed and most of the time makes no sense at all. I dont why that is so hard for you to grasp.

The report that only spoke about the metascore and not once mentions any 2k19 numbers?

Until you or anybody else gives me "real" numbers, i take what i get because if the numbers would be so good then they would plaster them all around.

SVR2009 is higher rated than 2k19.

Of course you dont get it...thats not even a question.

My criticism is flawed to you...its almost outrageous for me to ask that a current superstar is in the current product they will sell in a few weeks.

Its outrageous to ask that they add him for free later like UFC did who added fighters for free via patch.

I get that its outrageous to ask for the best possible deal for the fans...im aware of that.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe 2k should just stop doing DLC altogether. Since there is no pleasing fans one way or the other.

Wrestling games don't sell well enough for free additions post release.

DLC isnt the worst, the problem is when they want money for wrestlers that during or before the release are part of the universe.

Offering people who come in later, 2-3 months later is fine to add as DLC, the originals stuff is fine, move pack is fine, legend pack is fine...but a character like for example Fiend Bray wyatt that is here and part of the current universe...shouldnt be part of a DLC that costs money.

Maybe 2k should just stop doing DLC altogether. Since there is no pleasing fans one way or the other.

Wrestling games don't sell well enough for free additions post release.

DLC isnt the worst, the problem is when they want money for wrestlers that during or before the release are part of the universe.

Offering people who come in later, 2-3 months later is fine to add as DLC, the originals stuff is fine, move pack is fine, legend pack is fine...but a character like for example Fiend Bray wyatt that is here and part of the current universe...shouldnt be part of a DLC that costs money.

I agree. They should have not included him at all, since that would have been more understandable.

It's difficult to comment on the DLC without knowing the full details of both the base roster and the three other Originals pack. What worries me that they're considering the reskins as new superstars, perhaps others are fine with that but it doesn't sit right with me and personally I'd rather have a DLC pack full of the lowliest NXT UK jobbers than elseworlds versions of already included wrestlers. However, I also appreciate that this is a niche series with ever decreasing sales and very little mainstream appeal, I don't like it but we might just have to accept this as a potential sign of things to come. Zombie Braun Strowman probably sticks out more to the occasional WWE gamer than say Zack Gibson, Tegan Knox or even Jeff Jarrett, as much as that pains me. If this is a success I can't see 2K deviating from the path in the future, it basically means they completely dictate DLC and don't have to scan any additional wrestlers. If you're like me and you don't like the details so far for the DLC, and the future announcements about the other packs continue that trend, all we can do is to vote with our wallet and not buy said DLC. Don't get me wrong, if you like and want it then great, go for it, but bemoaning the packs but buying them anyway leaves you no room to complain when 2K21 is a console version of WWE Immortals.

wait hold up people are mad The Fiend, who literally JUST debuted, is DLC?

I think being excited about the Fiend is lost in the fact that there is ONE legitimate usable wrestler in an entire pack of DLC, and the rest is for shits and giggles. Also, I said it before...look at how long it took for Bray to debut with the mask on WWE television. I kinda have this feeling that he could have debuted on tv a loooooong time ago, and WWE wanted to get the Fiend in the game, so they postponed it. I don't doubt that scenario one bit. Which kinda makes you rethink the whole "wow, they got the Fiend in the game so quickly" perspective.

At the end of the day...yeah, it's cool that the Fiend is in the game when it didn't seem like he would be from an outside perspective. But, again...kind of a moot point given everything else that is happening.

Now...if the "Bump in the Night" pack had Fiend Wyatt, Gangrel, Boogeyman, Mordecai, Buried Alive Match, casket match, shovel as a weapon, etc...I think less people would be complaining.

It's difficult to comment on the DLC without knowing the full details of both the base roster and the three other Originals pack. What worries me that they're considering the reskins as new superstars, perhaps others are fine with that but it doesn't sit right with me and personally I'd rather have a DLC pack full of the lowliest NXT UK jobbers than elseworlds versions of already included wrestlers. However, I also appreciate that this is a niche series with ever decreasing sales and very little mainstream appeal, I don't like it but we might just have to accept this as a potential sign of things to come. Zombie Braun Strowman probably sticks out more to the occasional WWE gamer than say Zack Gibson, Tegan Knox or even Jeff Jarrett, as much as that pains me. If this is a success I can't see 2K deviating from the path in the future, it basically means they completely dictate DLC and don't have to scan any additional wrestlers. If you're like me and you don't like the details so far for the DLC, and the future announcements about the other packs continue that trend, all we can do is to vote with our wallet and not buy said DLC. Don't get me wrong, if you like and want it then great, go for it, but bemoaning the packs but buying them anyway leaves you no room to complain when 2K21 is a console version of WWE Immortals.

As someone else already said...

They can only put people in the game that have contracts allowing it and they also have a limited budget on the roster to begin with.

Including real people in video games isn't cheap.

Debatable, tbh.

When it comes to "jobbers" as he suggested...a lot of those smaller names get paid very little for their likeness. And if they are really small names, a bunch of them might volunteer for free just to say they were in a video game.

Tbh, I wonder if putting Hogan back in the game blew the whole budget they had for smaller names and directly resulted in this "here's some Scooby Doo characters" reality that we find ourselves in. :lol:

Like I said it's hard to say fully until we know the full roster and the full breakdown of the other three Originals packs. I'll be disappointed if a game called WWE 2K20 doesn't include a good portion of wrestlers from all of the WWE brands and that disappointment won't be tempered by knowledge it was because of budgetary reasons or other real world concerns. Ultimately, they're not my concerns.

As far as it being too early to complain about the DLC without knowing the full details...that's fully on the marketing side of things. They could avoid all the complaints if they just gave us a basic idea of what the other packs will be. I'm not saying they have to spoil the surprise...but, they could at least give us a number of "real" stars to expect, or a "yes/no" to whether there will be real stars at all. If they come out and say "the other packs won't necessarily be similar to the first pack"...I think that would go a long way to helping people cool their jets. Until that happens, I think it's common sense to search for the pattern/trend and to expect the other packs to be very similar to the first. Right now, I'm expecting nothing less than igloos and astronauts.

Debatable, tbh.

When it comes to "jobbers" as he suggested...a lot of those smaller names get paid very little for their likeness. And if they are really small names, a bunch of them might volunteer for free just to say they were in a video game.

Considering the lack of Nikki Cross and NXT Main Eventer Tommaso Ciampa last year...probably too little,

Considering the lack of Nikki Cross and NXT Main Eventer Tommaso Ciampa last year...probably too little,

Nikki and Ciampa were not jobbers. They had every right to decline if the offer was too little. You just said yourself that Ciampa was a main-eventer (and champion)...so why are you acting like that's the same as NXT UK jobbers?

Is the first pack even day 1?

it's the pre-order bonus, yes

Wasn't Paige a preorder bonus for 2K15 and didn't come out day one cause they weren't finished with her yet? :lol:

Not saying that'll happen here, just something it reminded me of lol

but yeah, as mentioned, they can only put people in who they have contracts with or if they agree to the terms or what not. Its why people were missing before that should have been in the game. If they dont agree to it or have no contract then no ammount of wishing will bring them in the game.

Which is fine...but when your DLC showcase is 100% based on whacky "What-if?" cartoon content...then it becomes less a case of "We're sorry that we could only afford to get so-and-so"...and more a case of "We didn't even try to get anyone...we're making whacky 'What-if?' cartoon content instead".

Nikki and Ciampa were not jobbers. They had every right to decline if the offer was too little. You just said yourself that Ciampa was a main-eventer (and champion)...so why are you acting like that's the same as NXT UK jobbers?

Because it's about payment, not push.

If they didn't have enough budget to pay Ciampa his asking wage, they're surely not going to spend a necessary portion of it on a Amir Jordan or a Saxon Huxley. Because, believe it or not, even low-carders and enhancement talent wants to be paid well and signing a contract to sell your persona away for little compensation is never a good idea.

wait hold up people are mad The Fiend, who literally JUST debuted, is DLC?

You mean the bray wyatt that despite having JUST debuted...is a preorder bonus you can unlock day one if you preorder the game?

Exactly that one...the one that is ready by the time the game goes gold, but is locked behind a dlc pack unless you preorder the full price game.

Question for everyone here. Hypothetically, let's say the other three Originals packs are similar to the first one, they all have a different theme, say Christmas, Sci-FI, etc and most or all of the "new" wrestlers are wrestlers that are already in the game in new costumes and skins, would you be happy with that? Is that the direction of DLC you want it to go in?

Archived