DLC Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

But Mortal Kombat does take away Sheeva, Shao Kahn, Night Wolf, Shang Tsung and resell them as DLC How convenient you forgot about those names eh? Also, MK 11 only got flack because of the entire Krypt Fiasco and the micro transactions. Outside of crazy Twitter stans they didnt receive flack for having Sidnel as dlc. Unless you can show me some evidence or some links that prove other wise of course. But the way you talk out of your ass all the time I doubt it.

The 2K equivalent of mortal Kombat taking out Sub-Zero and Scorpion would be taking out Roman Reigns or Seth Rollins or something like that. The fiend does not fit that description

I mean you are just one of those that endless whine and complain about the 2K series and jerk off games like HCTP and no-mercy . So I guess we are even

And I have been following and lurking this forum since 2018 and 75% of your criticisms are not constructive and valid at all bruh. Its just endless complaining I guess thats the reason why you rarely get any replys back. You dont like people challenging your stance at all

I just didnt like you how were acting high and mighty you over the 2K fan base

Sindel is simply the more popular character thats why i let out the other ones.

They get flack everywhere for the krypt and many other things...more importantly even the blind fanboys give them flack for that stuff.

The fiend is the current hottest act in the wwe, so the comparison works.

I dont even have HCTP or No Mercy around.

What do i complain about? That the models look lifeless, that the arenas feel hollow, that the gameplay is not as fluid as it could be, that they make things complicated for the community, that they remove systems etc the community liked, that they dont listen to the community, that the community should get the absolut best instead of the sufficient every year?

Oh boy i really do should take a step back should i? I mean how can i dare to ask for the best possible wwe for the community...the audacity i have.

What i cant stand is blind fanboys go "Buhu all you do is complain, dont like it dont buy? Let me pay 100 bucks for almost the same game with minor tweaks"

You are free to come up with points why i should be excited for the game.

Sindel is not more popular than Shang especially him ( He was one of the most requested in MKX) or Shao Kahn and again show me some of the flack.

And the Fiend comparison does not work at all, a better comparison if Smoke were to be DLC since they are on the same level.

And bruh, they do listen to the community thats why they adding all this stuff because of the of feedback and how the youtubers told them how bland and boring of 2K18 was. Pulse even made a video about it and there is a reason why 2K19 is the highest rated game since SVR 2010 according to meta critic it must be doing something well.

You gotta understand being a yearly sports title they are not going to rehaul the game every single year. also they add more stuff to the game every year than any other yearly title.

Also, to some people 2K is already doing the best. That is your opinion that 2K is not doing a sufficient enough job.

You are not the representative of the entire WWE games community my man

Would you two just go into a back room and *Censored* already.

Anyway, what about perhaps a blast from the past pack? Current and new wrestlers imagined as if they were in the campy 80s? I dunno, might not be enough there to work with. Just popped into my head.

So basically a Southpaw regional wrestling pack?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But Mortal Kombat does take away Sheeva, Shao Kahn, Night Wolf, Shang Tsung and resell them as DLC How convenient you forgot about those names eh? Also, MK 11 only got flack because of the entire Krypt Fiasco and the micro transactions. Outside of crazy Twitter stans they didnt receive flack for having Sidnel as dlc. Unless you can show me some evidence or some links that prove other wise of course. But the way you talk out of your ass all the time I doubt it.

The 2K equivalent of mortal Kombat taking out Sub-Zero and Scorpion would be taking out Roman Reigns or Seth Rollins or something like that. The fiend does not fit that description

I mean you are just one of those that endless whine and complain about the 2K series and jerk off games like HCTP and no-mercy . So I guess we are even

And I have been following and lurking this forum since 2018 and 75% of your criticisms are not constructive and valid at all bruh. Its just endless complaining I guess thats the reason why you rarely get any replys back. You dont like people challenging your stance at all

I just didnt like you how were acting high and mighty you over the 2K fan base

Sindel is simply the more popular character thats why i let out the other ones.

They get flack everywhere for the krypt and many other things...more importantly even the blind fanboys give them flack for that stuff.

The fiend is the current hottest act in the wwe, so the comparison works.

I dont even have HCTP or No Mercy around.

What do i complain about? That the models look lifeless, that the arenas feel hollow, that the gameplay is not as fluid as it could be, that they make things complicated for the community, that they remove systems etc the community liked, that they dont listen to the community, that the community should get the absolut best instead of the sufficient every year?

Oh boy i really do should take a step back should i? I mean how can i dare to ask for the best possible wwe for the community...the audacity i have.

What i cant stand is blind fanboys go "Buhu all you do is complain, dont like it dont buy? Let me pay 100 bucks for almost the same game with minor tweaks"

You are free to come up with points why i should be excited for the game.

Sindel is not more popular than Shang especially him ( He was one of the most requested in MKX) or Shao Kahn and again show me some of the flack.

And the Fiend comparison does not work at all, a better comparison if Smoke were to be DLC since they are on the same level.

And bruh, they do listen to the community thats why they adding all this stuff because of the of feedback and how the youtubers told them how bland and boring of 2K18 was. Pulse even made a video about it and there is a reason why 2K19 is the highest rated game since SVR 2010 according to meta critic it must be doing something well.

You gotta understand being a yearly sports title they are not going to rehaul the game every single year. also they add more stuff to the game every year than any other yearly title.

Also, to some people 2K is already doing the best. That is your opinion that 2K is not doing a sufficient enough job.

Would you two just go into a back room and *Censored* already.

Anyway, what about perhaps a blast from the past pack? Current and new wrestlers imagined as if they were in the campy 80s? I dunno, might not be enough there to work with. Just popped into my head.

So basically a Southpaw regional wrestling pack?

Heeeeell yeah.

Well, Im excited for The Fiend coming to 2k20. He's so awesome, Im glad that 2k have already included him as DLC for the game.

It's hard to believe how just after Summerslam, the Fiend is the one thing everyone seems to be talking about, especially his new theme, which was #2 in itunes. Bray Wyatt have hit the jackpot with this new gimmick. If Bray keeps this up, and WWE utilizes him well, The Fiend could potentially become just as much of a terrifying legend like the Undertaker and Kane are! I cannot wait to play as Fiend when the game comes out!

Sindel was the most requested since they killed her off.

Look around in the wrestling community, the most interesting thing about the wwe currently is Fiend Bray wyatt.

Not well enough since according to the vgchartz wwe2k19 didnt even sell one million copies.

And does it really sound good when 2k19 is the highest rated game in 10 years?

Yearly sports titles add a lot, most of it is detail work to feel more alive, rework the things that didnt work.

The wwe2k series doesnt do more than others...newer wwe2k titles didnt add more than the older ones...stuff like that carry system for example was added in games before and then added again with less options to the current series.

That is stuff that never should have been gone in the first place.

Are they really doing their best? How do you know?

Have you seen 2k19 in its original state when it first came out and how buggy and glitchy it was? Is that truly their best?

No, games we had in the past from this series showed what is possible...what happens when the developers really do their best possible.

They can do their better than 2k19...far better, i fully believe that.

They can do better than the marketing they have done so far all these years, they can do better interacting with the community instead of deleting topics in the 2k forum that they dont like.

But not if we tuck our head in and swallow every single pill they throw at us.

Instead we need to challenge them, help them and work together with them to create the best possible experience.

No i dont represent the entire community, never said i did.

I just give my honest opinion on what i see...thats all i do.

Would be a interesting thing...i dont know what kind of themes they could tackle outside this "horror"/"halloween" and retro.
I would assume some kind of Military theme and maybe something futuristic...or cartoonish.
Does it surprise nobody that we havent seen or heard about a Undertaker in this horror themed pack?

Kind of a wasted opportunity to not have him in there, maybe he is one of those two "mystery" versions that aside of mandy and nikki are in the pack?

Grim Reaper Undertaker seems the ideal thing to add in that pack.
Im curious about the new weapons too, one thing this series needs desperatly back is a better physic engine.
I miss the good old Bump video days where there was somewhat of weapon interaction.

I can't understand why people are so interested in The Fiend. It's Bray in circus pants and a mask.. Same moveset even, isn't it? You can do this in 2019 right now, what's the big deal?

Different entrance, different music, different beard, different hair. Not entirely possible in 2K19 obviously and it was built up and executed better than most things WWE introduces. It's not that hard to understand.

Sindel was the most requested since they killed her off.

Look around in the wrestling community, the most interesting thing about the wwe currently is Fiend Bray wyatt.

Not well enough since according to the vgchartz wwe2k19 didnt even sell one million copies.

And does it really sound good when 2k19 is the highest rated game in 10 years?

in games before and then added again with less options to the current series.

That is stuff that never should have been gone in the first place.

Are they really doing their best? How do you know?

Have you seen 2k19 in its original state when it first came out and how buggy and glitchy it was? Is that truly their best?

No, games we had in the past from this series showed what is possible...what happens when the developers really do their best possible.

They can do their better than 2k19...far better, i fully believe that.

They can do better than the marketing they have done so far all these years, they can do better interacting with the community instead of deleting topics in the 2k forum that they dont like.

But not if we tuck our head in and swallow every single pill they throw at us.

Instead we need to challenge them, help them and work together with them to create the best possible experience.

No i dont represent the entire community, never said i did.

I just give my honest opinion on what i see...thats all i do.

Would be a interesting thing...i dont know what kind of themes they could tackle outside this "horror"/"halloween" and retro.

I would assume some kind of Military theme and maybe something futuristic...or cartoonish.

Does it surprise nobody that we havent seen or heard about a Undertaker in this horror themed pack?

Kind of a wasted opportunity to not have him in there, maybe he is one of those two "mystery" versions that aside of mandy and nikki are in the pack?

Grim Reaper Undertaker seems the ideal thing to add in that pack.

Im curious about the new weapons too, one thing this series needs desperatly back is a better physic engine.

I miss the good old Bump video days where there was somewhat of weapon interaction.

They killed Shang tsung off as well so whats your point?

I know that the fiend is he most talked thing in wrestling its just like how smoke back in the MK9 days was among the the played characters in MK9 and the most requested behind noob.

LMFAO at Using VGchartz as reliable information, it's a known fact that VGChartz is not a reliable source of data. They have been known to wildly guess sales figures at times.

And what specific games in the past that showed us the Best is possible?

I also know you that dont play yearly sports titles at all especially madden, FIFA or NBA because you are praising them for adding little tweaks while crapping on WWE for the same thing.

FIFA has had the same code since 2009

Madden has been garbage since 2008

NBA2k has the same problems as WWE2K.

I dont care if you dont like WWE2K, I just dont like your elitist attitude

giphy.gif

But seriously, a hip-hoppy kind of inclusion to an Originals set someday could end up being cool. Not even sure what that would have, but an actual rapper being included could be interesting. Some gritty, urban outdoor venue where a boombox can be faintly heard in the background. Maybe or maybe not sirens. lol

giphy.gif

But seriously, a hip-hoppy kind of inclusion to an Originals set someday could end up being cool. Not even sure what that would have, but an actual rapper being included could be interesting. Some gritty, urban outdoor venue where a boombox can be faintly heard in the background. Maybe or maybe not sirens. lol

So a Def Jam pack?

As for the rappers they can include.....

Wale

Post Malone

Action Bronson

Smoke DZA

MGK

LMFAO at Using VGchartz as reliable information, it's a known fact that VGChartz is not a reliable source of data. They have been known to wildly guess sales figures at times.

I also know you that dont play yearly sports titles at all especially madden, FIFA or NBA because you are praising them for adding little tweaks while crapping on WWE for the same thing.

If you have a more "legitimite" source im all ears, as it is...2k isnt really proudly throwing around the sales numbers.

I could give you the widely accepted first week sales numbers that show that even 2k14 sold more in the first week but i dont assume that this is one you also see as credible unless its from 2k itself...which leads us at an impasse since i dont see 2k telling the numbers.

HCTP,svr2006,SYM,svr2007,svr,svr2010,scr2009

Im a yearly nba2k player...im praising nba2k for what it does right and that is mostly keeping up with the times.

I criticise them for what they need to be criticised...you probably dont see it because i also dont go into a racing gaming community to critcise a beat em up, so i dont go into a wrestling game community to talk about bad thing in a nba game.

You obviously care because you complain constantly about someone who simply shows criticism...and if this bothers you that much then put me on ignore or something.

But i will not tuck my head in and keep my mouth shut just because you are upset about every little critic your beloved series gets.

Screw all that Rap music DLC crap man! I don't want to see any DLC that has to do with rappers, metal gods or any other entertainers.

2K/WWE need to step up their game on many levels but I think the direction of the new game is pretty stupid. There's so much they could do to improve on the gameplay but it seems as if they're more focused on creating a mode and characters to sell to little 12 year old kids that don't really know anything about pro wrestling. I wish they'd focus on the hardcore players and flesh out the gameplay quite a bit. There's so much room for it to grow.

New reversal system - based on weight class, fighting style or even character specific

New submission system - all the meters get in the way of the on screen action, makes you focus more on red/blue meters than the actual wrestling

Programmable A.I. - Fire Pro, King of Colosseum and even Virtual Pro 2 had this almost 20 years ago!

New revamped CAW system - Bring back and enhance body morphing options, needs new hair system.

Anyway, I got into wrestling games to play actual wrestling, not the Swamp Thing with a wrestling ring! There's so much more DLC options that would sell. Jeez, I'm sure a lot of people would be cool with getting new CAW features like hair styles, clothing, moves packs, etc.

nORWO1v.jpg

1. They haven't announced the full roster yet.

2. This Originals DLC has absolutely no influence on them being in the game or not! Last year we got regular DLC packs, and guess what! We didn't get Ciampa, Murphy, Kendrick & Cross! The year before that? No Andrade! And your mediorce meme won't convince all of these people or the people that own the copyright to their likeness, to let WWE & 2K add them to their game.

3. Owen Hart? Really? His wife hates WWE, and would never allow it. They could do a 100% realistic game, that would have no influence on that.

Sorry, but if we suddenly aren't getting some of the NXT names in the game that we usually would get as DLC, guys that debut later in the year around WM or after, yeah I'm gonna say that these fantasy packs are the reason why.

But they're not the reason.

Or did I miss something and there was a 2K Originals DLC last year? Or do you have another conspiracy theory for Ciampa, Cross, Murphy & Kendrick not being in the game?

Goddammit! Now you've put a Southpaw Regional Wrestling pack in my head :/

I've wanted to see SRW content in the 2K Games ever since they started it... But for some reason we didn't even get the different Southpaw Logos & Designs in 2K18 or 19.

nORWO1v.jpg

2. This Originals DLC has absolutely no influence on them being in the game or not! Last year we got regular DLC packs, and guess what! We didn't get Ciampa, Murphy, Kendrick & Cross! The year before that? No Andrade! And your mediorce meme won't convince all of these people or the people that own the copyright to their likeness, to let WWE & 2K add them to their game.

3. Owen Hart? Really? His wife hates WWE, and would never allow it. They could do a 100% realistic game, that would have no influence on that.

Sorry, but if we suddenly aren't getting some of the NXT names in the game that we usually would get as DLC, guys that debut later in the year around WM or after, yeah I'm gonna say that these fantasy packs are the reason why.

Or did I miss something and there was a 2K Originals DLC last year? Or do you have another conspiracy theory for Ciampa, Cross, Murphy & Kendrick not being in the game?

I've wanted to see SRW content in the 2K Games ever since they started it... But for some reason we didn't even get the different Southpaw Logos & Designs in 2K18 or 19.

But they would be the reason, least potentially. First, your comparison isn't even related to begin with since you are talking about wrestlers who voluntarily decided to not be included in the game. Secondly, if there isn't enough time to scan and Mocap and do everything that's needed to get wrestlers onto the disc that signed to NXT in April because they have to develop a robot version of Bobby Lashley or some other absurd alt for Originals, that'll be the influence for it. Time is not an infinite resource.

nORWO1v.jpg

But they would be the reason, least potentially. First, your comparison isn't even related to begin with since you are talking about wrestlers who voluntarily decided to not be included in the game. Secondly, if there isn't enough time to scan and Mocap and do everything that's needed to get wrestlers onto the disc that signed to NXT in April because they have to develop a robot version of Bobby Lashley or some other absurd alt for Originals, that'll be the influence for it. Time is not an infinite resource.

No, the only reason for a wrestler to either be in the game or not, is if they decided to sign a deal with WWE & 2K or not, or if WWE wanted to them to be in the game or not. That's the only reason.

As you said, "wrestlings who voluntarily decided to not be included in the game"... Guess what! That can also be said about wrestlers that have never been in a WWE game before, like Andrade Cien Almans not even being a DLC for WWE 2K18, or a bunch Legends that didn't sign a Legends Deal with WWE. That's why we didn't get Terry Gordy or Stan Hansen as part of the Hall Of Fame Showcase, when we got everyone else from that years HoF Class. Time wasn't the reason for Gordy & Hansen to not be part of the game. Time might only a reason for people way behind the cutoff date, a date that no one knows... You mention April, but no one ever officially confirmed that to be the official cut of date for the On-Disc Roster & DLC.

Since the first Originals DLC, is available on release day for people that pre-ordered, they clearly would've had all the time in the world to give us The Fiend as an On-Disc Character, even though he had his debut match, and before that only had apperances on Segments on Television.

And you don't even know what the other Originals DLC Packs are going to be anyway. The first one will feature an actual WWE Superstar in "The Fiend", so they could easily give us normal versions in future packs as well.

If you have a more "legitimite" source im all ears, as it is...2k isnt really proudly throwing around the sales numbers.

I could give you the widely accepted first week sales numbers that show that even 2k14 sold more in the first week but i dont assume that this is one you also see as credible unless its from 2k itself...which leads us at an impasse since i dont see 2k telling the numbers.

HCTP,svr2006,SYM,svr2007,svr,svr2010,scr2009

Im a yearly nba2k player...im praising nba2k for what it does right and that is mostly keeping up with the times.

I criticise them for what they need to be criticised...you probably dont see it because i also dont go into a racing gaming community to critcise a beat em up, so i dont go into a wrestling game community to talk about bad thing in a nba game.

You obviously care because you complain constantly about someone who simply shows criticism...and if this bothers you that much then put me on ignore or something.

But i will not tuck my head in and keep my mouth shut just because you are upset about every little critic your beloved series gets.

The most credible source is 2K themselves on their yearly annual reports, just go their cooperate page.

VGChartz is not reliable.

And who is widely accepted source? And who its widely accepted to whom?

And nothing say keeping up with the times than having microstransactios plaguing the game.

SVR 2009 showed us the best is possible, Really?! You know the same game that removed GM mode in the first place and there was nothing to do after RTWM because their career mode at that time was ass. Compared to the one we have now, the one in 2009 sucked big time.

That same game?

I dont why you are using the Dont like, ignore me argument I can use the same argument for you the wwe 2k series so be careful.

Your criticisms are just flawed and most of the time makes no sense at all. I dont why that is so hard for you to grasp.

nORWO1v.jpg

No, the only reason for a wrestler to either be in the game or not, is if they decided to sign a deal with WWE & 2K or not, or if WWE wanted to them to be in the game or not. That's the only reason.

As you said, "wrestlings who voluntarily decided to not be included in the game"... Guess what! That can also be said about wrestlers that have never been in a WWE game before, like Andrade Cien Almans not even being a DLC for WWE 2K18, or a bunch Legends that didn't sign a Legends Deal with WWE. That's why we didn't get Terry Gordy or Stan Hansen as part of the Hall Of Fame Showcase, when we got everyone else from that years HoF Class. Time wasn't the reason for Gordy & Hansen to not be part of the game. Time might only a reason for people way behind the cutoff date, a date that no one knows... You mention April, but no one ever officially confirmed that to be the official cut of date for the On-Disc Roster & DLC.

Since the first Originals DLC, is available on release day for people that pre-ordered, they clearly would've had all the time in the world to give us The Fiend as an On-Disc Character, even though he had his debut match, and before that only had apperances on Segments on Television.

And you don't even know what the other Originals DLC Packs are going to be anyway. The first one will feature an actual WWE Superstar in "The Fiend", so they could easily give us normal versions in future packs as well.

First, the first Originals pack won't be available release day. The press release says that it'll be released in the fall after the release of the game. Second, you said so yourself, time might be a reason for those behind the cutoff date not being included into the game and guess what? The DLC in the past helped get some of those names into the game. Now that Originals is the new DLC system and looks to be almost solely focused on fantasy based alternatives, that might not be the case anymore.

Well, I think 2K is trying to attract the mainstream gamer/casual crowds. I get it that this isnt what were used to. The horror pack seems like Halloween or Castlevania or what not. However, larger than life and over the top characters always appealed much more to the mainstream audience than the actual wrestling. I hear Bray has a new gimmick and that its more popular than anything on the WWE tv shows today save for the legends. How many people know legends vs. NXT, etc wrestlers? I think 2K is going for the mainstream crowds because maybe thats where most of the money is?

Archived