Universe Mode Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have Raw & Smackdown and will probably take more liberties with the roster than I normally do. I generally keep them as close to real life as possible.

I'll probably end up combining NXT and 205 Live into one show.

Trying to figure out what shows I"m going to add to my Universe this year. I've been really wanting to add a NOAH show in my 2K19 but think I'll just wait and do it for 2K20. Outside of that, I'll probably add at least RAW or Smackdown. AEW will get some love I'm sure, same with NJPW. Not sure after that. I love the details and uniqueness of the AAA and CMLL arenas that are made every year but there are so many custom logos in those arenas that it feels like a waste with the logo limit and all and the detail/logos CAWs have usually from the great creators.

I again, will be streaming my PWA Universe, all the original content and characters made by myself will return. I left it with BB Blake finally overcoming the obstacles to win the World Championship.

I use the rivalry system to build the story, using various apps I explore what is happening, then stream 2-3 matches from the PPV, each month changes. So you get to see the new people each time.

I'll probably make a WCW and WWF show themed around the 88-95 period. With PPV's every other month for each show. Basically what I did with 2k19. Though I think I'll cut the rosters for each show down to 35 or 30 from 40. Too many of my superstars end up not getting much screen time, but I want to make sure I have enough for the rumble. It'll probably be the jobbers that get dropped. We'll see.

I just thought of something else. The ability to make just Managers. Like, a Paul Heyman who doesn't get in the flipping ring. lol. I wanna make Mr. Fuji and Miss Elizabeth.

I'm thinking of adding a Live Event to my Universe, and use it as sort of a bridge for NXT and the Main roster, and basically have fun matchups.

I like the Live Event idea, except that I dont want it to connect NXT with the main roster.

Monday- RAW.

Tuesday- SD Live Show.

Wednesday- NXT.

Thursday- RAW Live Show.

Friday- Friday Night SmackDown.

Sunday- PPV.

I wish theyd make it possible for two shows on one night. If that were possible, the SD Live Show would be on Mondays also and the RAW Live Show would be on Fridays.

I'm thinking of adding a Live Event to my Universe, and use it as sort of a bridge for NXT and the Main roster, and basically have fun matchups.

I like the Live Event idea, except that I dont want it to connect NXT with the main roster.

Monday- RAW.

Tuesday- SD Live Show.

Wednesday- NXT.

Thursday- RAW Live Show.

Friday- Friday Night SmackDown.

Sunday- PPV.

I wish theyd make it possible for two shows on one night. If that were possible, the SD Live Show would be on Mondays also and the RAW Live Show would be on Fridays.

Agreed. I should probably explain the Live Event idea a little more:

We all know WWE uses live events to test out new gimmicks and give guys and girls from NXT a bit of a showcase. When I said a bridge with NXT, I meant that it would be used to see if they're prepared or not prepared for RAW or Smackdown, or if they need more seasoning in NXT.

deleted my Universe in the early months of the year and never started a new one. clean slate. but honestly i never stick with anything the whole year, i change everything so much, especially CAWs which includes deleting some which in turn makes my Universe a mess

My current universe plan:

1. Merge 205 into NXT as a division

2. Have my best of the Indies show. Where I throw everyone I don't use and caws.

3. After Wrestlemania have a draft. Can freely swap between WWE shows but to sign from indies have to release someone to India's.

This system keeps it interesting

Last year I created three companies of my own USW, UCW and CCW along with three full rosters or original characters. Most of them I made myself but some were given to me from E-fed friends and others downloaded. I also created title belts for all shows and ran it, and recorded it for youtube.

• 3 weeks later...

Considering the last article, I got some ideas from my Universe Mode.

Having PPVs that can host up to 3 shows will make me put more of a focus on 205 Live, making it available to all cruiserweights of the main roster so be the wildcard show. Will come in handy to book the Women's Tag Team title or if I want to book some special title matches and both wrestlers are on different brands

As for PPVs, I'm planning on 10 matches for regular PPVs and 14 for the Big Five.

I think I may adopt something along those lines as well. With my big three having more matches then the rest. I currently have 6 PPV's for WWE and 6 PPV's for WCW... maybe I'll increase the number of PPV's for each show but it hasn't been exactly easy seeking out stuff for older PPV's as I run my universe with the 89-95 rosters for each show (the best I can at the very least).

Hopefully MITB works correctly in Universe this time (maybe I was the only one with an issue last year).

Worked fine for me (most of the time)

I always had issues. The winners would never be acknowledged, so I had to manually give them the briefcase. And then the cash-ins almost never worked for me (I made sure there wasnt a rivalry or anything going too)

Archived