Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

This is a nicha market game so this isnt really a major investment in marketing

NBA has the same type of marketing, that just comes out sooner so the marketing starts up usually before WWE.

I'll gladly take weekly info with a delayed start time over the past few years where we'd get some info, a big break, then some more info, then another break, before more info, then a break. You get the point from there.

Agreed!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The #WWE2K20 cover reveal kicks off on August 5 with more details than we’ve ever shared at announce and your first look at game footage! Follow our social accounts so you won’t miss a thing.

From 2kgames facebook

Nero

The covers should really go back to a collage of a bunch of talents. Really never been a fan of the "cover-boy" formula. Kinda makes sense for traditional sports, but not for WWE. I feel like 2K20 should have Becky and Seth front and foremost, then New Day slightly smaller and below them, then maybe Brock, Roman, Charlotte, and Styles in the background. That's what it would be if they truly wanted to represent the modern landscape of the company.

The covers should really go back to a collage of a bunch of talents. Really never been a fan of the "cover-boy" formula. Kinda makes sense for traditional sports, but not for WWE. I feel like 2K20 should have Becky and Seth front and foremost, then New Day slightly smaller and below them, then maybe Brock, Roman, Charlotte, and Styles in the background. That's what it would be if they truly wanted to represent the modern landscape of the company.

personally i prefer having yeah...like the collage of several ppl.

But aesthetically 1 person looks better. And years from now its easier to remember the cover of a game. When its just one person. Like when i think of 2k14...I think of the Rock on the cover.

Just as when u think of an old Madden game. U remember Madden 09' had Brett Favre on the cover

like i dont remember the covers as well with the multiple ppl. Like i know WM 18 on Gamecube had Austin on it. And probably Rock. Maybe hogan?

I remember WM 19 on Gamecube had Kurt Angle like in the middle. And i think Brock was on there too?

WWF smackdown, WWF Attitude, No Mercy, All Stars, Day of Reckoning, Legends of Wrestlemania, Here Comes the Pain. Those are all iconic game covers...and those are all covers with multiple wrestlers on them. It might be easy to "remember" which wrestlers have had solo cover spots...but you aren't remembering the cover itself...just that they were used. I remember the covers that actually had good layouts, color choices, and used more than a single image.

Like...I could say "the one with John Cena on it"...and I would already have a hard time remembering which actual year that was.

Archived