Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

The lack of info this year is getting on my tits now. I just do not understand the logic in leaving everybody in the dark?

Blame 2K's slate of games this year. NBA 2K last week, Borderlands 3 this week...there's only so much time to devote to those games and with the added twist of Borderlands 3 it's consuming their time and energy.

Hopefully next week is when the info begins to start coming out.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't matter you Market the games you know will make you the most money which will be Borderlands and NBA face it WWE games the niche market they don't produce the same amount of sales as those two combined

That would mean that there is only one marketing department, answering my question. Obviously you're just assuming that

It doesn't matter you Market the games you know will make you the most money which will be Borderlands and NBA face it WWE games the niche market they don't produce the same amount of sales as those two combined

That would mean that there is only one marketing department, answering my question. Obviously you're just assuming that

2k sports only has one marketing team to cover all the sports titles I know that from nba 2ks Twitter last year.

2k sports only has one marketing team to cover all the sports titles I know that from nba 2ks Twitter last year.

Thx^^

So no doubt that that is the reason for the lack of information

But in all honesty, how hard is it to post an entrance a day on Twitter? I mean seriously, they may be releasing Borderlands and NBA but coming up with the they have to focus on the lead selling games is straight bs. At the end of the day, if you want your game to be a success in selling, youre supposed to sell the game before it comes out and theyre not enticing anyone to want to buy. Will I buy? Of course, Ive done it since I became a fan long, long ago. Its time to quit excusing their laziness. An entrance a day wont hurt them to post. MAKE us want to buy the game before its released. Thats how you sell a game.

And ignore all my missing commas, Im on my iPhone and this phone HATES to add all the grammatical pieces.

This is honestly the first year I'm not that excited about the game. I will obviously still get it, I always do, but this year, nothing has got me too excited. They have done an extra shit job at promoting the game thus far.

At least some of the caw makers are starting to show on twitter theire preperations, textures and caw lists already...

Looks like we could get another video from 2k today, found this over at 2k's forum

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...F95mxOvB2oFMi1

There is a locked video in slot 1 marked as private

2K's marketing is probably the worst in gaming but I'm fine with it for this franchise. I'm someone who gets every new wrestling game I can and so I don't need to know everything in advance. Plus I just check out streams shortly before release as there are always people who gets the games early by a week or two.

Honestly, there could be nothing at all with the game just releasing and I'll get it and use the unlock all feature and go from there. Details/info is appreciated but I ain't desperate for it

Holding out till a couple weeks before release could actually prove to be the smart move...as, people would then be hyped at that moment, not too early. Sometimes I feel like you see a game too early, and then you stop even caring about it. Kinda happened recently with Pokemon, CyberPunk, etc. I mean...you still want the game...but you really do stop caring in the meantime.

So...yeah, if their strategy is going to be "Here's the full roster reveal. And here's an awesome gameplay trailer"...and they do that like two weeks before the game comes out, then it might just hype people up at the best possible time.

I kinda miss the old gaming days pre-PS2/Xbox 360 where the marketing was just a commercial or two on tv, few articles on some magazines and websites, bundle of demos you could get at game stores or restaraunts like pizza hut!

Generations is right about games like Cyberpunk 2077 now. I am still hyped but don't bother with any little thing release anymore after the game being in development for so long and all the release dates with the official release being until next year. The game got announced and started with the hyped way too early by a few years

But in all honesty, how hard is it to post an entrance a day on Twitter? I mean seriously, they may be releasing Borderlands and NBA but coming up with the they have to focus on the lead selling games is straight bs. At the end of the day, if you want your game to be a success in selling, youre supposed to sell the game before it comes out and theyre not enticing anyone to want to buy. Will I buy? Of course, Ive done it since I became a fan long, long ago. Its time to quit excusing their laziness. An entrance a day wont hurt them to post. MAKE us want to buy the game before its released. Thats how you sell a game.

And ignore all my missing commas, Im on my iPhone and this phone HATES to add all the grammatical pieces.

It's not laziness is called marketing the game that'll sell and make the most money face it WWE games are niche market unless you're wrestling fan you're not going to buy it WWE game

well that might be but right now all we are seeing is sizzle and not alot of steak. I have not pre ordered yet because I still want to see who is on the roster mostly, even though im happy with who all they have released sofar.

I agree. I have not pre-ordered yet either, just waiting on the roster. Mainly I want to know who is in it and I want to know match types. If they keep all the match types from the previous game (including the elimination option and custom match types), keep most of the roster (all the legends) from the previous game and maybe add a few new ones (Hogan already confirmed obviously) then Ill be happy. All the rest is bonus to me, dont change much with the creation modes (keep all the current modes and maybe just add the ability to change face paint and hair on certain superstars like Warrior and Sting). Other than that Im set.

Archived