Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

What the hell? How is smacktalks annoying?

I don't find his voice bad, but he's very guilty of making videos that don't need to be made these last few years. Entire videos of him just repeating shit he said before or talking about super obvious stuff as if its some kind of hidden secret (his "things you might not know" videos are extremely guilty of this), and just in general chasing youtube trends that make him feel less genuine like he used to.

In fairness:

1: That is only really around March-Juneish time, when he already has like 50 videos on it out and is trying to scrape the bottom of the barrel, and

B: On more than one occasion he has either heavily implied or outright admitted that was the case in those videos, such as how to get the in-game wrestlers in the career mode way back in like 2K16. You have to remember not everyone plays the game for like 10 hours a day, every day of the week, and for them the trick on how to get managers for Last Man Standing or Falls Count Anywhere matches or how to get Old Man Ric playable in matches is a massive shock to them.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell? How is smacktalks annoying?

I don't find his voice bad, but he's very guilty of making videos that don't need to be made these last few years. Entire videos of him just repeating shit he said before or talking about super obvious stuff as if its some kind of hidden secret (his "things you might not know" videos are extremely guilty of this), and just in general chasing youtube trends that make him feel less genuine like he used to.

In fairness:

1: That is only really around March-Juneish time, when he already has like 50 videos on it out and is trying to scrape the bottom of the barrel, and

B: On more than one occasion he has either heavily implied or outright admitted that was the case in those videos, such as how to get the in-game wrestlers in the career mode way back in like 2K16. You have to remember not everyone plays the game for like 10 hours a day, every day of the week, and for them the trick on how to get managers for Last Man Standing or Falls Count Anywhere matches or how to get Old Man Ric playable in matches is a massive shock to them.

I really appreciate his Did Not Know videos for the reasons you mentioned. It is nice for a guy like me that only can play on limited times to find these secrets in one place

they said, while being on a forum technically dedicated to these games, with answers to questions regarding the games only two posts away, partly thanks to insiders coming here, before being "exposed" by semi-clickbaity channels, such as SmackTalks & co.

i appreciate the ppl that make videos. Because somebody has to.

but damn i cant tolerate most of their voices. Something about british ppl that pronounce the letter "R" like a "W" that activates my fight or flight response.

i just cant.

But also. Screw the ppl on youtube that make the fake WWE videos where u think its going to be from the actual WWE show that u are trying to find. And even the thumbnail is from that show. And u click and its a 2K exhibition match they had instead of actual footage of WWE

Lol...it's petty af, but I do agree about British youtube videos being annoying.

I see those videos all the time, where it's like "10 new bits of info about WWE 2K20"...I'll click on them, and watch for about 2 seconds before hearing the voice, and then I'm like "shit...let me just go browse the internet to see what the info is". :lol:

It's also really bad mics and audio-mixing. So many channels have these loud af, generic intros, with some awful dubstep version of something familiar to it, only to then transition into a person quietly mumbling something into the microphone, before first plugging something unrelated to the video title and then stretching the video to atleast 10 minutes, with it ending in a loud af outro.

I can usually try and stomach any of them just for some info ...except ITSMYYARD . His voice is insufferable. also him stopping mid sentence to provide awful fake WWE commentary to the footage is unbearable.

"Ok guys this year there will be a special tower where you....OMG ITS THE RKO, THE RKO.....where you fart on sashas head every match".

Problem is...WCW never clarified this match. The winning conditions were never established.

You climb to the tippy top and grab the title, no? Think that's how Jimmy King won in the movie. :lol:

Problem is...WCW never clarified this match. The winning conditions were never established.

You climb to the tippy top and grab the title, no? Think that's how Jimmy King won in the movie. :lol:

Yes. And at Uncensored 96 Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage started at the top and had to climb down to win. There were 10 or more people in that match

Archived