Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I suck at making CAWS as it is the creation suite is a mess. I dont know how anyone will be able to create good ones this year. But if anyone can make it work mad respect

I don't think it's a mess in fact I think I like it a lot better this way I also find the controls are better once you get used to him and I'm loving career mode

I've had the game since 10:30 this morning and I've not played a single match yet, with the install times & setting up universe because of the draft. I still got to do my custom matches as well.

And I really want the Fiend. :lol:

Balls. I feared this. Im heading to the cinema straight after work so will not get home until like 22:00. I doubt I will be able to play at all until tomorrow evening.

Ok, I've got my second version now for PS4 and test a few things without the day one patch and try to find broken features that are maybe still intact with the unpatched version.

First find: Becky's Backlash attire isn't broken in the unpatched version if you try to edit it.

Allmost all leg parts are still horribly discolored tho. In the unpatched version even in the small icons, there you can directly see which ones aren't working.

Second find: Coloring parts of Superstar Attires isn't broken in the unpatched version! I can color both parts of Sonya's attire without problems here. But I see what they tried to "fix", cause in the unpatched version, her top is black instead of yellow, seems like a last minute recolor broke that coloring option.

Third finding: I somehow got one alternate attire for Sonya Deville working in Universe, completely normal appearing in the selection. But she came out with no hair and got announced as WWE champion instead of woman's champion.

A second test attire didn't worked, just one.

Maybe because I created that before I started the Universe, so there's that. :/ Broken in different ways.

Matt Riddle has the same horrible title clipping, as well as Kofi.

So is it true we are kinda forced to play MyCareer if we want to unlock everything. Even if you got the accelerator?

Can confirm this
But I unlocked the characters and arenas from MyCareer normally with the Accelerator

So did I. But all the customisable weapons and some CAW parts are locked from MyCareer.

That's stupid. Caw mode should be separate from mycareer crap.

So now before I make my caws and stuff I need to spend a day or two hate-playing 2k's little story mode?

Don't get me wrong I was eventually gonna do it anyway due to the cringe factor, but this isn't the way to endear the mode to players.

That's stupid. Caw mode should be separate from mycareer crap.

So now before I make my caws and stuff I need to spend a day or two hate-playing 2k's little story mode?

Don't get me wrong I was eventually gonna do it anyway due to the cringe factor, but this isn't the way to endear the mode to players.

Just MyPlayer is enough. Playing MyCareer doesn't get you enough Prestige to unlock the stuff

Honestly? The game really isn't bad. It's just as good as 2K19 from my playing, which I thought was the better game in recent years. However, there are more glitches than I remember from any other wrestling game (probably ever) at launch. The only one that still's king in this category is WrestleMania 21. Nothing will ever top that in terms of being completely broken.

My most hated glitch from the past three games is mostly fixed: The crowd going between cheering and booing different people in the same match. There's some (few) instances where it still happens, but it's nowhere near as bad as the last few games and is easily worked around when it happens. It seems like everyone gets cheered in tag matches, which I'll take because the last few years, everyone got booed no matter what.

So, compared it graphically now and it looks a lot better on Xbox One X than on PS4 Pro.

There is no tearing on Xbox and the light is a lot better. Headlights have less bit on PS4 so you see where one color stops and the next color starts. It's fluid on Xbox One X.

Also, the general textures and lighting looks a bit less comical and more realistic on Xbox and the picture is cleaner because of the higher res.

Here are some pics. Same arena, same people, same moment. Interesting beard difference on Triple H.

PS4:

lbe87SH.jpg

Xbox:

t7M6DUs.png

PS4:

Ihp9mel.jpg

Xbox:

MOWjL0d.png

PS4:

v2va9YJ.jpg

Xbox:

jiBZ88V.png

PS4:

MOsfP7q.jpg

Xbox:

c9mkl9x.png

In motion the Xbox One X version looks really good and clean, I think I probably stay with it this year. Wish the pioneers of the CAW community would be more on Xbox tho. :/

Lots of bugs, first match I tried to sim it crashed. Hogans hair is awful if you try and take off the bandana in CAS. The material options for logos dont appear to work as I tried altering the material on some logos on tights and it adjusted the entire material for the tights. The whole game just seems very glitchy and jumpy.

Can someone snag me a picture of Liv's model?

Sure, here ya go:

Man...what camera option are you using to take super-detailed photos like that? Why are they tall like a phone screen? And can you take pictures during any point in a match? What's the scoop on all that?

Just the normal highlight reel mode where you can turn the camera and hide the menu.

It's the Xbox One X version so the textures are really high quality, the light is a bit better and the shadows are better, the resolution is super high (with super sampling back to 1080p). Then the Xbox uploads them as losless png file and you see the 100% quality here. ^^

Archived