Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooookay, in the future of the My Career mode, 2K, just... don't give them names. Seriously, it just takes away the agency of the player, and honestly you guys are absolutely awful at choosing names in the first place.

Props to 2K for choosing some decent music for theme music for the created characters though.

.. Can I get a Buzz & Cole Show shirt tho?

Ooookay, in the future of the My Career mode, 2K, just... don't give them names. Seriously, it just takes away the agency of the player, and honestly you guys are absolutely awful at choosing names in the first place.

Props to 2K for choosing some decent music for theme music for the created characters though.

Doesn't help that you can't select either "Tre" or "Red" as call names :lol:

I disagree big time on this, I'd much rather be referred to as Red, Buzz, Tre, or Farty McTurdyPants over constantly hearing "Tonight RAWs newest superstar is taking on Seth Rollins." or "What a counter! Can the United States Champion capitalise?". Commentary like that doesn't feel genuine at all IMO.

I can't disagree with your second point though, Brooklyn's them is amazing.

.. Can I get a Buzz & Cole Show shirt tho?

Yeah, this is my ONLY issue with that. I didn't like having the name Red or Tre. Lol And def want a Buzz & Cole shirt also. Lol

The mycareer story is a joke anyway. I've had to cringe-play it with the misses, who's laughter at it has been the only highlight, mostly because I made a huge giant and she made a mini cruiserweight so it's hillarious seeing my guy's head stick through the car roof, or her basically talking to my junk. It's presentation is sloppy as hell. It's like playing it from the point of view of marks/idiots. This is my story of being a WWE superstar, but im so stupid I thought that Jerry lawler would have to leave Memphis after our loser leaves town match.

As a mode, where the development effort amd time has gone, in addition to 2k originals, it makes all the glitches even more sadder, because we can see exactly where their time and effort has gone. They are excited that yukes isn't around to tell them they can't put in zombies anymore. That denks video where they're openly mocking fans of the series really casts a bad light on the future. One guy couldn't even stop from laughing when saying "so it's not like we don't listen to you".

Yeah, I didn't mind that they had pre-scripted names for the MyCareer stuff (I got used to it when I played the NBA 2K games) but not having the names that they went with actually available in the laundry list of selectable call names is incredibly silly. Obviously not even a top 10 in oversights that they made with the game this year but as one of the things that I feel they did well with as a whole, that does grate, if only a little bit.

My Career is a joke? Cool. Let's go back to no storylines or voice overs and etc. Let's just blindlessy team backstage and have matches over and over with no storyline. I love that. Let's do that. Yeah, no. Lol

Or how about screw wasting efforts on mycareer and showcase modes people play once, all together?

Fix gameplay bugs, add new moves/caw parts and match types, update/improve universe and create modes.

You know.. The things that actually get played more than once?

My Career is a joke? Cool. Let's go back to no storylines or voice overs and etc. Let's just blindlessy team backstage and have matches over and over with no storyline. I love that. Let's do that. Yeah, no. Lol

Or how about screw wasting efforts on mycareer and showcase modes people play once, all together?

Fix gameplay bugs, add new moves/caw parts and match types, update/improve universe and create modes.

"This is exactly the same game as last year, just with a few roster changes!"

- Most people on yearly sports titles that do that

exactly. ive seen people say well why didnt they just copy over 2K19? they still have to sell the game, whether that be with Originals or Showcase or MyCareer. these people know they would shit on 2K if they shelled out the exact same game.

can you imagine this game being marketed as WWE 2K20: The Game You Bought Last Year Except Pete Dunne Has a Beard

exactly. ive seen people say well why didnt they just copy over 2K19? they still have to sell the game, whether that be with Originals or Showcase or MyCareer. these people know they would shit on 2K if they shelled out the exact same game.

can you imagine this game being marketed as WWE 2K20: The Game You Bought Last Year Except Pete Dunne Has a Beard

Um wtf are you talking about? Yeah I can imagine that, and that would be extremely preferable to a worse version of 2k18. Who was expecting 2k20 to be THAT different from 19? btw it's not and most of the differences are worse.

That's where match types mean a bit more than roster updates or caw/universe improvements.

2020: the game where we can finally play wargames and survivor series.

I imagine something like that would be better than.

2020: we got zombies

Not really. Two match types don't make a game.

Getting 5-man and 8-man matches didn't stop people from complaining about "the games being the same every year", so sure as hell...Two steel cage matches next to each other and two more people in the match at the same time wouldn't change that.

this fanbase has a problem with thinking that the game should be made for them individually. i personally dont like this so it shouldnt be in the game. i want this thing so it should be in the game instead.

this fanbase has a problem with thinking that the game should be made for them individually. i personally dont like this so it shouldnt be in the game. i want this thing so it should be in the game instead.

It's not really that. I don't personally play universe mode, but show me a vastly improved universe mode and I'd be happy for those fans.

Show me zombies along with a development team who're happy yukes can't tell then not to do that - in a WRESTLIBG game mind you, and I get annoyed. Show me grindy microtransaction mechanics like myplayer towers locking things for normal caw mode and I get annoyed.

To me, myplayer story gets played once. Showcase mode gets played once. Id much rather that development time go into something more worthwhile. Something that will be played more than once. Match types, create modes, AI/gameplay tuning, glitch fixing... This isn't mortal kombat or wwe immortals mobile game, this is the main wrestling franchise we're talking about. That being said, the zombies and stuff wouldn't be soo galling, it it didn't appear to be the only thing they've worked on. If there was other improvements and they just came as a bonus instead of the main focus.

That's where match types mean a bit more than roster updates or caw/universe improvements.

2020: the game where we can finally play wargames and survivor series.

I imagine something like that would be better than.

2020: we got zombies

Both those match types are lame editions to me tbh, they really don't change the gameplay or win conditions in any fun way. War games = just an extra ring. Um Okay?

5v5 = more of an overly long cluster f match like 4v4 which I avoid

Archived