Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

Just finished the MyCareer story and it was lots of fun. Didn't mind it too much, but the narrative style was kinda a hinderance, since I tend to gradually upgrade my MyCareer CAWs throughout the career, but thanks to the glitches I didn't even bother to attempt that.

Also...the story showed a better understanding of basic wrestling storytelling than current WWE. Both from longterm aswell as shortterm storytelling. Genuinely marked out at certain callback moments.

And backstage brawls, while nothing special, weren't numerous and therefore they were bearable this year

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt 2k will put much effort into patches. We can hope but I see the same cycle of always. Fix some, brings new glitches, wait till next year.

Played a bit of the dlc content. Not too bad even though I really wish unlock all would unlock all. They know how much caw mode means which is why they have us now unlocking caw parts. I see a trend Im scared of with eventually good caw parts always being locked in future games to get earned or buying through vc. Hope Im wrong.

usually that's what happens, they start working on the next year's game after one is released.

Bottom line this year, I think that several stuff actually works:

1 - the gameplay actually is smooth and more realistic I believe

2 - Originals are a nice touch to the game

3 - MyCareer was way better this year

The problem is that this can't be on if the graphics are slightly downgraded, the amount of glitches on the game is atrocious for a 2019 PS4 game, no new DLC real-superstars, and the sim aspect of the game isn't taken into account.

If somehow they could find middle grounds, I think it could be a great wrestling game.

My problem with next years' game is the emergence of PS5, for instance (don't know if Xbox is also lauching a new console). If history tells us something, is that the next 2 years will be transitional, which means the game won't add to much, and won't be fully on. Though, in terms of roster size, once it hits PS5, the amount of people in might be closer than ever to the actual numbers.

usually that's what happens, they start working on the next year's game after one is released.

Bottom line this year, I think that several stuff actually works:

1 - the gameplay actually is smooth and more realistic I believe

2 - Originals are a nice touch to the game

3 - MyCareer was way better this year

The problem is that this can't be on if the graphics are slightly downgraded, the amount of glitches on the game is atrocious for a 2019 PS4 game, no new DLC real-superstars, and the sim aspect of the game isn't taken into account.

If somehow they could find middle grounds, I think it could be a great wrestling game.

My problem with next years' game is the emergence of PS5, for instance (don't know if Xbox is also lauching a new console). If history tells us something, is that the next 2 years will be transitional, which means the game won't add to much, and won't be fully on. Though, in terms of roster size, once it hits PS5, the amount of people in might be closer than ever to the actual numbers.

I agree the gameplay does feel better and the commentary is amazing at certain times.

2K19 was the best wrestling game all decade, with 2K14 close behind. Im still trying to determine where this ranks...like its not as bad as people trash it to be. Its the gameplay. Its not fun. Everything feels like a chore. I cant wait for matches to end, instead of enjoying myself. Where Im at right now. I paid enough for this so Im trying to enjoy it as much as the next man.

I finished mycareer where I just played to win asap and now I'm actually working matches on hard difficulty (put it on easy for career) and I'm having way more fun and noticing a few new reversal and selling animations, putting on some really good matches.

Hoping a patch comes this week as I need my movesets in universe and logos for caws.

Has anyone tried the face deformation? It feels really buggy to me, I was okay at faces last year but this year it just feels really restricted, maybe it's lighting but I can't really see much difference with a lot of sliders I'm trying

I think he means seated position, still not usable as finisher (unless I actually didn't see one from grounded position)

The same one for the seated is available as a ground grapple, he re-positions the opponent to the seated position and executes the move, just like the shoulder crawl and head crank, seated moves but also available as ground grapples

I think he means seated position, still not usable as finisher (unless I actually didn't see one from grounded position)

The same one for the seated is available as a ground grapple, he re-positions the opponent to the seated position and executes the move, just like the shoulder crawl and head crank, seated moves but also available as ground grapples

I'm at work buddy. Can it be set as a signature and finisher?

Archived