Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Dad forwarded me the BBC article about it being broken (he forwards me articles he thinks i will be interested in sometimes) and my wife came back from work yesterday and asked "is the new wrestling game a mess?" she had seen it on social media. Both of them have no interest in wwe games but both know this game is a mess. My wife asked did I already have it and when I said yes she just shook her head haha.

Speculating. It was backed up a 2K support email but the 2K support worker mistook the Bump in the Night pack for a patch. Having said that, it sort of makes sense some sort of patch is coming with the Bump in the Night pack, right? Why else would they delay the Bump in the Night pack when it clearly meant to launch with the game and it was working as well as anything else last week with the youtubers.

Not sure if it was posted yet, but here was this year's mo-cap squad, for what it's worth... always a fun list.

mocap.jpg

Big Swole/Aerial Monroe(?)

Austin Theory

Brian Cage

Kylie Rae

Dez/Dezmond Xavier

Andrew Everett

???

Allysin Kay/Sienna

Havok/Jessicka Havok

Jeff Cobb/Matanza

Jay Cruz

Kenny King

Kris Stadtlander

Referee Marty Elias???

Matt Cross/Son of Havoc

Nicole Savoy

Penelope Ford

Peter Avalon (The Librarian)

Rachael Ellering/Evers

Shawn Spears/Tye Dillinger

Santana Garrett

Scorpio Sky

Eli Drake

Isaiah "Swerve" Scott/Shane "Swerve" Strickland

Rebel

TJP/TJ Perkins

Cameron Grimes/Trevor Lee

A lot of talent indeed.

Bringing in GM mode FINALLY would be a great way to get people back and invested after this epic disaster.

Honestly, I think their priority needs to be figuring this engine out. The worst thing they could do is another gimmick (ala GM Mode, Originals etc) to paste over a broken game.

When was it confirmed we'd be getting a patch on Monday? Or are people just speculating?

I wouldn't take anything as gospel until they publicly announce. Anyone could string an email screenshot together.

i have a feeling this patch everybody keeps talking about is the one that came with the game already, if the version that we have is the same one from that youtuber event and that already had access to the bump in the night dlc content then you can pretty much guess its going to be the same come next week.

based on the few matches i have played, i enjoy the slower gameplay over 2K19s. still getting used to the controls. the reversal button change makes sense but if you ask me, this overall control scheme seems more alienating to new players than the old one. also in 2K19 i finally mastered the ability to smoothly run the ropes before an outside dive, not so much in this game. theres a little stutter step when i try to do it how i did in the last game. i pulled it off once but it felt like it wasnt supposed to happen and i dont know if i can do it again.

but yeah if they patch the bugs and some of the graphical quirks, this game is better than 2K19. a big IF though, seems like a new bug is discovered every hour.

I'm mainly only do Exhibition matches and create modes. Honestly the most annoying thing is the damn clipping. Hair through bodies, clothes through bodies, basically creating any attire with free flowing jackets etc.

People making AJ Styles alts, championship entrances don't clip through Karl Anderson's entrance jacket from 2K19 and looks broadly similar in shape to AJ's jacket but the with the hood down. It's not perfect but I'll lose a bit of accuracy for non clipping titles

Good to know, thanks for sharing.

Well... So far the matches have been great. The fact the in ring action has been solid without sliders is a positive. Might give this game a wait and see approach. Essentially... They got til the royal rumble to fix the issues in my book.

And I'm hoping the CAW scene doesn't die because it would be a shame. But yeah 2k, VC ya done screwed up. Get it together.

Yeah all the exhibition matches i've had have been great, no bugs or anything, had an amazing match with Keith Lee vs Samoa Joe, and the sweat looks perfect, this is the first game in the series to get the sweat right. So the gameplay is fine for the most part, if they just hammer out alot of the bugs with the create modes and Universe this game would be way better than 2k19 imo.

Over the years, I've become more of a CAW guy than anything else, so this game is gonna be so uncomfortable for me when I get it. For most of 2k19 I was making my own CAWs or playing with CAWs in general, and the fact that you apparently can't download logos and that whole fiasco doesn't make it fun for me.

Well... So far the matches have been great. The fact the in ring action has been solid without sliders is a positive. Might give this game a wait and see approach. Essentially... They got til the royal rumble to fix the issues in my book.

And I'm hoping the CAW scene doesn't die because it would be a shame. But yeah 2k, VC ya done screwed up. Get it together.

Same. The CAW scene is what's made the games fun for me growing up and current age too. You can only play with the in-game models for so long before it gets boring so CAWs always makes the fun endless for me.

This is one of the lowest score I have seen for a video game in MetaCritics:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/wwe-2k20

The numbers will probably rise a bit once most gaming networks etc have the review out, but i dont expect a lot.

Its a "broken" game that was Released way too early for its own good...a good example why yearly releases are a tough thing to do.

Over the years, I've become more of a CAW guy than anything else, so this game is gonna be so uncomfortable for me when I get it. For most of 2k19 I was making my own CAWs or playing with CAWs in general, and the fact that you apparently can't download logos and that whole fiasco doesn't make it fun for me.

Same. The CAW scene is what's made the games fun for me growing up and current age too. You can only play with the in-game models for so long before it gets boring so CAWs always makes the fun endless for me.

Yeah, CAW scene is what kept me around because sadly nothing else could.

I barely spent any time in the last ones i "played" actually playing because everything ingame has become stale and lifeless to me.

So i kept around for the CAW stuff, created my attires and stuff for my caw...tried things out and looked at what the community did.

Hell i even found joy in the Universe Mode youtubers despite the limits they obviously had to deal with.

I could see this being pretty much a hiatus for the whole community if they dont bring out patches that fix huge amount of problems.

But i dont throw the towel, i do think 2k and VC are able to release a good game that can breath new life into the community.

They just need to be willing to invest more in it.

We will see...who knows, maybe the new game from Yukes or the AEW game will be what most of us hope for...or maybe 2k20 was neccessary for the wwe games to rise to a far higher level in the future years.

Archived