Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I just spent about 5 hours with 2k19 wrapping up my last shows. Still got Mania left, but Ill do that tomorrow. Wanted to get my hands on 2k20 for a match or two and these are my immediate thoughts...

Everyone who ragged on the games graphics either is a hater or straight up lied and over exaggerated. The quality DEFINITELY looks way sharper and smother over 19. Its so noticeable. To say they downgraded... wtf.

And Im not counting bad character models as bad graphics. Because they slapped a terrible beard on Pete Dunne the game is trash? Please. Its gonna be noticeable comparing 19 for me when I finish it tomorrow.

Also, I got use to the triangle button being reversal within the first 2 minutes. Im actually welcoming to this change tbh. I cant wait to dive in more! Although Im cautious because I know the game is a riddled mess lmao. But as far as fluidity, menus, and graphics go, definitely an improvement or 20.

not being able to control tag partners makes me sad :(

game hard crashed during my first show in universe mode, hit detection from certain moves ie karl andersons running leg drop..........play it you'll see what i mean, not touched creation mode yet i'll wait till thats fixed oh here's hoping blood gets fixed.

so far i'm liking what i've played so far

not being able to control tag partners makes me sad :(

game hard crashed during my first show in universe mode, hit detection from certain moves ie karl andersons running leg drop..........play it you'll see what i mean, not touched creation mode yet i'll wait till thats fixed oh here's hoping blood gets fixed.

so far i'm liking what i've played so far

the tag functionality will be patched back in. will look at karl's leg drop

Man, I can't wait for more patches.

Did a quick woman's tag team match before work in Universe and it's damn hard to navigate through them. Since you can't switch between your illegal partner and yourself with a single button anymore, you can't really hinder the other person from breaking up shit, you could attack that person before your finishing move but somewhere in the middle of the match, clicking the right stick to change to the other opponent stops working.

Then you have of course the broken hot tags and people going out to the wrong side of the apron and not being able to walk around the corner and therefore constantly jumping up and down again.

Oh and Nikki Cross got announced as Intercontinental Champion instead of one half of the Women's Tag Team champions. ?

Jesus Christ.

Im actually enjoying it, to be fair so far Ive spent a day creating and then jumped straight in to a universe mode but I actually like the feel of the game. Ive been lucky that Ive only had a few glitches and bugs and they have been pretty cosmetic ones only (Baron Corbin remaining in the ring and wondering about in between the members of Lucha house party during their entrance made me laugh more than anything.) Ive had six or seven really good, close fought, great matches.

Create mode is oddly glitchy and needs quite a few patches. A few times Ive not been able to change colours or material types on certain bits of clothing, only to find I could if I went all the way out and then back in. A few crazy bits such as trying to put armbands on Jeff Hardy only to find it lifts his hair off the top of his head. Quite a few issues where hair clips through hats, bandanas and things.

Also a couple of times Ive dyed hair only to find its defaulted back to its original colour cone match time.

I like the graphics, I dont think theyre as bad as people are making out. I actually think they look good. The light flickering on some surfaces like CMEdge pointed out are really noticeable under certain lights and in create mode too.

However in terms of character models I think overall its a win. Yes, Trent Seven looks terrible, Dunnes beard is an afterthought and theres a couple other questionable ones, but I think Daniel Bryan, Baron Corbin, and numerous others are fantastic this year.

Just to check, Ive created loads of alternate attires for people however when I go into universe mode, I can see them displayed but I cannot get my superstars to wear them... is this an issue for lots of people??

So, the story mode isn't terrible...it's just really weird. It feels like I'm playing Saints Row on an Xbox 360. :lol:

I completely agree... it isn't terrible by any stretch, and I appreciate the fact the developers went in a different direction for this story mode. I mean, it won't win any of the 'top tier' writing awards, yet it's pretty entertaining in a weird kind of way.

The 13.562 GB update that I was greeted with after returning from Boston yesterday kinda had me frightened... but all seems well with my game so far - aside from a few... odd... AI behaviors that I witnessed within the first five minutes of playing Career mode.

In the opening match, not one of the AI could exit the ring while carrying a ladder... they would just be there, walking in place up against the ropes, while carrying said ladder.

#FixWWE2K20 please & thank you XD

and people ragged on Yukes... Ya'll should have been thankful for Yukes.

On Denk's video: "haha, there's no one to tell us no you cant do this anymore...."

"this" = spending time making zombies, monsters, and cringeworthy high school specials.

watch-out, 2K, I'm gonna give your grandma's bed sores!

You could be right but it's going to take more than one entry to tell. This would have happened at any studio that suffers a large development loss on a 1 year cycle.

sick of hearing that too, to be honest.

2K and VC have both been working with Yukes in some capacity since midway through WWE 13. 2k14 was a good game, despite removing the Championship Scramble match I loved.

2K15 on next gen was their big "well guys, we just gotta rebuild things in our way don't we, it'll be better next game." That was 5 years ago!

You can't have your 2k15 rebuild moment, and spend the next 5 games adding next to nothing other than a small handfull of quality of life improvements (rather than meaningful content/improvements) and removing/downgrading genuine improvements like 2k15's simulation aspects (crawl to pin, stamina, fatiuged moves etc.); and then cry foul when Yukes leaves.

You can't cry fowl about Yukes leaving, when we can see where the time and resources they did have without Yukes went to. MyCareer / 2K Showcase fantasy bullshit stories. And it's not just that. You had to put in work to go and remove the ability to favorite moves in CAMoveset, something that's been in like 19 games since SD2 if memory serves correctly. You could just left it in. It's outright malicious.

And just wait... 2k21 or 2k22 will be given the excuse of 'we're working out the kinks of new hardware'. It's not going to be a great game that takes advantage of the new system's power at all.

what do you mean you are sick of hearing it? the people who made the engine and know it inside and out are no longer there after 20 years. thats not an excuse, thats what happened. Yukes was very hands-on until they werent and VC had to figure it out in the time they had.

believe it or not dude, there were many people clamoring for the exact Showcase and MyCareer we got this year. just because YOU dont think it was worth it doesnt mean it wasnt. also, looking at 2K Originals...a bunch of re-skins and arenas with a couple paybacks, one of which was already in the game from the previous year. that seems like a much smaller task than literally learning and rewriting the code the entire 20 year old game uses in less than a year.

i understand people are mad, im mad too, but lets be sensible.

He has a point though, although Yukes took the helm, VC was around for a while...so theres NO excuse for them to be this lost and useles now that Yukes is gone. And hes also right, going back to 2k15, theres always been excusing( we changed the engine, we are working on a new console generation, we lost the OG team). Im almost certain next years excuse will be learning the next gen console and getting the kinks out like it was for the PS4/ X1 era.

Archived