Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well before the patch the AI was going for the pin a handful of times and not just after sigs and finishers

After the patch, only after sigs and finishers and it never hits charged finisher. Looks very weird when the AI is someone like Reigns and they pick me and hit a spear, instead of charging like before

So they just totally took away the ability to edit face paint colors on superstars in the game now??? Wow, we complain about not be able to actually change the face paint on guys like Sting and Warrior and now we cant even change the color of it. Way to go 2K, way to keep on ruining things and taking things out so you can have your MyPlayer and 2k Original Modes :rolleyes:

and people ragged on Yukes... Ya'll should have been thankful for Yukes.

On Denk's video: "haha, there's no one to tell us no you cant do this anymore...."

"this" = spending time making zombies, monsters, and cringeworthy high school specials.

watch-out, 2K, I'm gonna give your grandma's bed sores!

@Fight Me I didnt get collectors but you didnt see an unboxing or anything ? I thought it wouldve been in a bigger box too. Like 17

Didn't really think of doing that since I was getting it lol

https://twitter.com/EdgeRatedR/status/1186663359212675074?s=19

Yo people aren't getting their Edge autograph, just the pic. Luckily I got Kurt Angle though. :lol:

man, Edge is so *censored*ing awesome to his fans. dude is going out of HIS way to set up a way to help people who got gypped. most wrestlers would just say "Contact 2K about it".

Edge=RESPECT

On Denk's video: "haha, there's no one to tell us no you cant do this anymore...."

"this" = spending time making zombies, monsters, and cringeworthy high school specials.

You could be right but it's going to take more than one entry to tell. This would have happened at any studio that suffers a large development loss on a 1 year cycle.

You could be right but it's going to take more than one entry to tell. This would have happened at any studio that suffers a large development loss on a 1 year cycle.

sick of hearing that too, to be honest.

2K and VC have both been working with Yukes in some capacity since midway through WWE 13. 2k14 was a good game, despite removing the Championship Scramble match I loved.

2K15 on next gen was their big "well guys, we just gotta rebuild things in our way don't we, it'll be better next game." That was 5 years ago!

You can't have your 2k15 rebuild moment, and spend the next 5 games adding next to nothing other than a small handfull of quality of life improvements (rather than meaningful content/improvements) and removing/downgrading genuine improvements like 2k15's simulation aspects (crawl to pin, stamina, fatiuged moves etc.); and then cry foul when Yukes leaves.

You can't cry fowl about Yukes leaving, when we can see where the time and resources they did have without Yukes went to. MyCareer / 2K Showcase fantasy bullshit stories. And it's not just that. You had to put in work to go and remove the ability to favorite moves in CAMoveset, something that's been in like 19 games since SD2 if memory serves correctly. You could just left it in. It's outright malicious.

And just wait... 2k21 or 2k22 will be given the excuse of 'we're working out the kinks of new hardware'. It's not going to be a great game that takes advantage of the new system's power at all.

The more time I spend with the game, I notice how graphics are really the wwe 12 or 13 of these current system where they implemented the blurring and made the game lose a lot of quality with graphics. Theres an aspect thats better with graphics but then theres a lot throwing it off.

sick of hearing that too, to be honest.

2K and VC have both been working with Yukes in some capacity since midway through WWE 13. 2k14 was a good game, despite removing the Championship Scramble match I loved.

2K15 on next gen was their big "well guys, we just gotta rebuild things in our way don't we, it'll be better next game." That was 5 years ago!

You can't have your 2k15 rebuild moment, and spend the next 5 games adding next to nothing other than a small handfull of quality of life improvements (rather than meaningful content/improvements) and removing/downgrading genuine improvements like 2k15's simulation aspects (crawl to pin, stamina, fatiuged moves etc.); and then cry foul when Yukes leaves.

You can't cry fowl about Yukes leaving, when we can see where the time and resources they did have without Yukes went to. MyCareer / 2K Showcase fantasy bullshit stories. And it's not just that. You had to put in work to go and remove the ability to favorite moves in CAMoveset, something that's been in like 19 games since SD2 if memory serves correctly. You could just left it in. It's outright malicious.

And just wait... 2k21 or 2k22 will be given the excuse of 'we're working out the kinks of new hardware'. It's not going to be a great game that takes advantage of the new system's power at all.

what do you mean you are sick of hearing it? the people who made the engine and know it inside and out are no longer there after 20 years. thats not an excuse, thats what happened. Yukes was very hands-on until they werent and VC had to figure it out in the time they had.

believe it or not dude, there were many people clamoring for the exact Showcase and MyCareer we got this year. just because YOU dont think it was worth it doesnt mean it wasnt. also, looking at 2K Originals...a bunch of re-skins and arenas with a couple paybacks, one of which was already in the game from the previous year. that seems like a much smaller task than literally learning and rewriting the code the entire 20 year old game uses in less than a year.

i understand people are mad, im mad too, but lets be sensible.

I'm mad about the creation suite being broken...but, that's about it. The rest of everything else is just so amusing that I don't mind. I'm in a really good mood after playing the game all day. No shit...I played this for at least 8 hours probably. I ain't mad. Lol. This is the most that I've played a WWE game on release day in years. I'm fascinated.

Archived