Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played 2K20 for 6 hours, and had just one crash. However, the clipping is *censored*ing annoying. My MyPlayer's call name doesn't get announced, but I'm having fun playing MyPlayer. Currently taking a wee break from the game though.

I like the overall new pace, but i'm not gonna lie, some of the moves that got slowed down really look bad because of it. Ricochets DDT for instance looks awful with its new speed.

Played for about 2 hours today, 2 glitches that I know of

1. The ref stopped counting at 2 and had his shoulder in the air..

2. The wrestlers just stood still watching eachother

Both time I had to exit the matches..

Just played it for a bit for the first time getting back from work. First impressions:

1. The game is hideous. First of all I noticed that the renders for the roster select look like the weird not quite right ones from HCTP, Everyone just looks so Ugly. Then I loaded into a match, it picked the Nitro arena first but it had a really REALLY heavy filter on it, i couldn't see anything at all so I had to back out of it then just did the RAW arena. The LEDS on the tron look off, like everything is flickering? Hurt the eyes anyway. The characters remind me of Wrestlemania XIX on game cube, they sort of all look they are made of meat plastic if you know what I mean.

2. the controls...how are these supposed to be simplified. I couldn't figure most of it out at all, a tutorial for dragging came on screen for dragging and I swear every button on the controller must have been listed. But I will say reversal works well on Triangle, can pull them off easier than ever.

3. Unlock all automatically triggering was a huge bummer. Unlocking everything from doing the modes is a favorite part of mine. I put in my code so I could have Hogan and Chyna etc and now I have all these story mode arenas I have no context for.

On the plus in the hour or so I played it didn't lock up or freeze or anything. Only glitch I had was a name plate not appearing in an entrance and just text floating on screen with no graphic.

Has anyone else's CAW gone semi-transparent, where you can see shafts of light, or maybe it's old caw skin poses inside the arms? This sticks on the VS screen poses too, but thankfully doesn't appear in the matches.

Ph3Itjf.png

That's stupid. Caw mode should be separate from mycareer crap.

So now before I make my caws and stuff I need to spend a day or two hate-playing 2k's little story mode?

Don't get me wrong I was eventually gonna do it anyway due to the cringe factor, but this isn't the way to endear the mode to players.

Just MyPlayer is enough. Playing MyCareer doesn't get you enough Prestige to unlock the stuff

Do you mean Road To Glory / Towers?

I want to play those even less than the 'fun' MyCareer

CAW mode is kinda useless until they patch it at the moment, really.

Yeah it really is, designs and everything revert back to white after you save and go back into it, most i've been able to do was some color changes with in game wrestlers attires and was able to update Corbin with his tank top and king entrance gear. But yeah caw mode is kinda useless as it is right now, can't use designs and can't download your custom logos.

CAW mode is kinda useless until they patch it at the moment, really.

Yeah it really is, designs and everything revert back to white after you save and go back into it, most i've been able to do was some color changes with in game wrestlers attires and was able to update Corbin with his tank top and king entrance gear. But yeah caw mode is kinda useless as it is right now, can't use designs and can't download your custom logos.

And if you apply any logos to your caw, it will throw you into an infinite loading loop if you try to use it in another mode like create an entrance or a match.

I can honestly say that I played 2k20 for about 4 hours, and I had a good time. So...meh...no complaints from me. I mean...yeah, there is a lot of broken and inexcusable shit here. But, I guess I can just see what the game was intended to be, and since exhibition still largely works fine, I'm really not too angry. Now...if the creation stuff never gets fixed with patches...that will be some bullshit. But, for now...I'm more than content to just play some of the towers, exhibition mode, etc. I've had some entertaining matches.

It's hard to explain...but, I feel like the gameplay somehow feels sluggish and off, but at the same time also feels more fun? I really don't know. I feel like there's better back and forth for some reason...

Archived