Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

played it at work this morning while we where setting up for the day, need to get used to the buttons other than that i thought it was fine, you can see there's a few bits and bobs that makes this game play slightly different from 2k19 so roll on tonight before i can sink my teeth into the game some more.

btw if you ever played fifa then you play your friends at pro evo then you'll know what i'm talking about the button layout, will take a bit of time getting used to it

Pulse made a comment about us not getting anywhere near as many new moves now that Bryan Williams and Yukes were gone? Is that true? Are the moves wishlists actually that, now...wishful thinking? Or is it more a matter of us maybe having to wait a year before we start seeing a bunch of requested moves in bulk again? I mean I even listed a bunch of WWE stuff that was being done regularly and I didnt see it yet. I wonder what non-finisher stuff made it in.

Lets clear the confusion - Bryan hasnt been responsible for moves in years. 2k took over all move selection and capture duties in 2k15. Once he left it was still done by the people at 2K. Bryan was never part of the process. The reason for fewer moves has nothing to do with him at alll.

Not sure if anyone that has the game is even going to know what I'm talking about but do kneepads and kickpads still not later correctly when you're editing attires? Guys like AJ, Rollins, Balor - their default attires have the kickpads underneath the knee pads but when you edit them, they have this weird gap. Been that way for years.

i really need to hear a confirmation that these bugs/glitches are either not in the retail release. Or will be addressed ASAP.

i want to hear about the positive gameplay/ai changes.

Its hard to sift thru the swirl of negativity around this game rn. The only positives ive really heard about in previews is Career and Originals stuff. Two things i want nothing to do with tbh.

Im seeing the same stupid firemans carry takeover reversal. The same collision detection problem with Irish whip rebound moves (ppl just run into each other).

Im not hearing about any new move positions. New move slots (do we still not have 4 running moves like No Mercy yet??)

If this is 2k19 but better. Im in. I like 2k19 a lot.

I've heard at least 3 YouTubers who went to the event say "this is not even 2K19"... Sorry :(

Theres a new Last Shot for Adam Cole where he lowers his knee pad....but......he hits the move with the other leg

Maybe its one of those things where you have to hit it from a certain direction to have him hit it with his right leg, like that corner Sister Abigail where sometimes Bray would do it with his left arm if you did it from a certain corner.

Theres a new Last Shot for Adam Cole where he lowers his knee pad....but......he hits the move with the other leg

:lol: why do I find this incredibly funny?

Haha it is indeed

Another one, Ciampa and Gargano with Candice LeRae as their manager against Mustache Mountain. There is another Candice lying inside the ring on her back throughout the whole match.

Maybe its one of those things where you have to hit it from a certain direction to have him hit it with his right leg, like that corner Sister Abigail where sometimes Bray would do it with his left arm if you did it from a certain corner.

yes it a scripted move and it will be mirrored as necessary. this issue happens with, and has always, with the people's elbow as well

Pulse made a comment about us not getting anywhere near as many new moves now that Bryan Williams and Yukes were gone? Is that true? Are the moves wishlists actually that, now...wishful thinking? Or is it more a matter of us maybe having to wait a year before we start seeing a bunch of requested moves in bulk again? I mean I even listed a bunch of WWE stuff that was being done regularly and I didnt see it yet. I wonder what non-finisher stuff made it in.

Lets clear the confusion - Bryan hasnt been responsible for moves in years. 2k took over all move selection and capture duties in 2k15. Once he left it was still done by the people at 2K. Bryan was never part of the process. The reason for fewer moves has nothing to do with him at alll.

Good to know. It struck me as odd that the name just sort of came back out of nowhere as this highly influential person behind the scenes, in terms of moves. Like...I didnt know that but okay. Lol. I look forward to seeing what new things come with Originals, but lack of a new moves pack is definitely something that hits this community in the feels. Understandable, though. Thanks for everything.

Archived