Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

You guys act like this year's game is proof that Yukes was so great and VC is inept. ANY studio leaving during a 1 year dev cycle like this would cause issues, no matter who it is. At least wait until next year's game before making a final judgement on this whole Yukes vs VC debate.

**being let go

2K's decision, therefore they deserve criticism for not planning accordingly. It's a poor business decision to not plan for a transition of any description.

I don't think you can just fire a developer from a project. There are contracts and clauses involved.

And about the poor planning...Since they have no saying in the matter when it comes to the release date, there is no practical planning possible.

The game is still looking like a mess, but with the way the game was structured - both in code and in development circle - made this inevitable. Just like with 2k15.

Someone somewhere high up is responsible.

If you're going to part ways with a developer, business sense would determine a requirement for a transitional period. To let a developer go 2-3 months before your release date is absolutely ridiculous. It doesn't just happen. Someone's made that call, and the blame lies with them.

we found out Yukes was gone 2-3 months ago. that doesnt mean thats when they were gone.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yukes prolly worked on the DLC for 2k19 and then bounced right after. If I'm not mistaken when 2k took over they were on the final year of their existing contract and renewed for another 5, so the timeframe is about right.

With the constant issues of outdated and weird visuals by today's standard in gaming, what would you all think if 2k went for a specific art style like in Raw 2, WWE All Stars, WWE Mobile games or fighting games such as Street Fighter?

I wouldn't like that. It would be pretty weird since the actual gameplay is clearly Going for a a simulation approach. Also, Raw 2 I wouldn't consider having a certain art style other than just trying to look realistic with the limitations of the time.

Not sure about MS but PSN had a half off Black Friday sale on standard and deluxe edition and Gamestop were running specials around that time for a little over half on standard edition. Would figure MS also ran specials but *shrug*

Just for shits and giggles I installed 2K15 again and man, I miss how f'n slick the menus and select screens looked.

big.jpg

Time to dive back into some deep flashbacks.

Edit: Holy shit, the character models doesn't look a single bit worse than today's graphically. Everything is so detailed, sharp and high res. I really forgot all this.

Animations are a huge step down tho, but graphically, holy hell.

See I liked several things from 2015. Crawl to pin, tired finishers were hit almost every match, which brought extra tension to watching and playing. You could fallaway slam people into the ring ropes and they'd get caught up in them instead of hitting an invisible wall etc.

I just knew these cool features would get nerfed after one game, like svr2011's weapon physics. Turns out I was right.

If we could have got 2k15 in ring plus 2k15's create modes I'd have been a lot happier.

Holy shit, that's a lot of preset entrances. I bet the "He is a Machine" entrance is Brian Cage's. He's provided mocap before and probably did again. And yeah, the "Phenon of Cameron, NC" is Trevor Lee/Cameron Grimes' entrance. And nice to see Swerve's entrance is in again, I expect a couple of nice caws of him this year.

I wonder if its coincidence that five of the removed wrestlers (rude, English, godfather, tatanka, current sting) had voice audio during their entrance.

Not sure if Strowman/Nese still do, but just found it odd in these cases. Since Shango is in, and Nash and hall have diesel and razor, godfather being removed is strange to me.

See I liked several things from 2015. Crawl to pin, tired finishers were hit almost every match, which brought extra tension to watching and playing. You could fallaway slam people into the ring ropes and they'd get caught up in them instead of hitting an invisible wall etc.

I just knew these cool features would get nerfed after one game, like svr2011's weapon physics. Turns out I was right.

If we could have got 2k15 in ring plus 2k15's create modes I'd have been a lot happier.

2k15s create modes? Are you confusing that with another game ?

It's amazing after 4 years people are comparing and finding things they liked better in a stripped transition game like 2k15. What a time to be alive. Now we can be concerned over whatever problems next gen brings on top of yukes leaving. Should provide enough excuses for them and it'll just be another 5 or 6 mores years of "maybe next year". What a shitty cycle. This is starting to feel like thq all over again to be honest. It may not be as bad but it's still pretty bad. One thing I bet they won't forget every year is VC currency.

And by the way I don't think yukes leaving is bad. Just more like we can never catch a break because it's always something.

Archived