Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

I feel like the new controller scheme will be like when they implemented the the submission rotation system. People hated it until they got used to it. But in saying that I feel the option to switch back to the original button mapping should of been implemented same as the submission system where you can choose between button smashing or rotating.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst part about all this.... Even after the reviews from YouTubers, 2K continue to remain almost silent.

... what exactly are they supposed to say?

At this point, anything.

"Buy WWE2k20 on October 22nd in stores nearby."

Really scared about this game. Especially talk about the terrible hit detection as that was already an issue for me on the older games.

Well, if the game is bad I can say I told you guys Yukes leaving was not good. I remember almost EVERYONE in this section was celebrating the departure of Yukes but me. Now theyre being missed and the game isnt even out yet lol

Really scared about this game. Especially talk about the terrible hit detection as that was already an issue for me on the older games.

Well, if the game is bad I can say I told you guys Yukes leaving was not good. I remember almost EVERYONE in this section was celebrating the departure of Yukes but me. Now theyre being missed and the game isnt even out yet lol

You might be confusing Yukes with THQ, because we learned about Yukes leaving only like two weeks ago

I wont give a fair judgment of 2K without Yukes until 2K21 simply due to the fact that its a production hit for a yearly game out of nowhere. Kinda expected it to go south this year for a bit honestly, more than likely wont be picking this up at launch.

You might be confusing Yukes with THQ, because we learned about Yukes leaving only like two weeks ago
No we didnt....pretty sure it was August. I remember because I was in Moes eating a burrito before watching SpiderMan Homecoming. I can find the exact date.

Edit: August 11. Over 2 months ago.

No we didnt....pretty sure it was August. I remember because I was in Moes eating a burrito before watching SpiderMan Homecoming. I can find the exact date.

Edit: August 11. Over 2 months ago.

You guys act like this year's game is proof that Yukes was so great and VC is inept. ANY studio leaving during a 1 year dev cycle like this would cause issues, no matter who it is. At least wait until next year's game before making a final judgement on this whole Yukes vs VC debate.

You guys act like this year's game is proof that Yukes was so great and VC is inept. ANY studio leaving during a 1 year dev cycle like this would cause issues, no matter who it is. At least wait until next year's game before making a final judgement on this whole Yukes vs VC debate.

**being let go

2K's decision, therefore they deserve criticism for not planning accordingly. It's a poor business decision to not plan for a transition of any description.

**being let go

2K's decision, therefore they deserve criticism for not planning accordingly. It's a poor business decision to not plan for a transition of any description.

I don't think you can just fire a developer from a project. There are contracts and clauses involved.

And about the poor planning...Since they have no saying in the matter when it comes to the release date, there is no practical planning possible.

The game is still looking like a mess, but with the way the game was structured - both in code and in development circle - made this inevitable. Just like with 2k15.

**being let go

My point still stands. Even if that's true, 2K can get criticism for making that decision but it doesn't mean VC isn't a capable and talented studio just because 2K20 is looking like a poor entry. I'm saying you could have the most talented studio in the world and if they are co-developing a game that is on a yearly release schedule, the first year without the partner is going to suffer. Especially when they have as much responsibility as Yukes did.

This will be my last post on this game. I am sad to say that i wont be buying this year not even on sale. I hope others speak with there wallets as well and not let 2k and VC get away with this sorry for excuse wrestling game.

Sure some of the updates are nice like with universe mode with more matches on the card and a extra belt slot but that could have been updated in 2k19. The 2k originals are a joke sorry if i wanted to play Mortal Kombat I'll play Mortal Kombat but not as a fantasy wrestling game. And who or What in the heck is a ribbie ? Im sorry but i cant in the right mind buy this game. I'll stick with WWE 2k19 till May then i might wash my hands from this series depending how WWE 2k21 looks.

For thoses who will buy it i say have fun. But it wont even last a month.

**being let go

I don't think you can just fire a developer from a project. There are contracts and clauses involved.

And about the poor planning...Since they have no saying in the matter when it comes to the release date, there is no practical planning possible.

The game is still looking like a mess, but with the way the game was structured - both in code and in development circle - made this inevitable. Just like with 2k15.

Someone somewhere high up is responsible.

If you're going to part ways with a developer, business sense would determine a requirement for a transitional period. To let a developer go 2-3 months before your release date is absolutely ridiculous. It doesn't just happen. Someone's made that call, and the blame lies with them.

Again...that's not how contracts work usually

Yukes and VC have contracts with 2K and 2K with WWE to produce a yearly WWE game. Once a contract is up...you can negotiate. Telling a possible contractor "We will no renew your contract in a few months and you will need to find work elsewhere, since this was your only project. But no hard feelings, right? You will help us for the next 6 months past this current contract, right?"

Archived