Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The controls are clearly intended to get rid of the situations where you'd go to do one thing and another thing would happen. They'll take getting used to sure, but i'm willing to give them a try if thats the goal here.

Now if we could just get *censored*ing in-side springboards as finishers..

More and more I think it's less about what we got and more about what he didn't . I am sure the intentions of the game makers were in the right place, but there have been things the fans have been very vocal about for YEARS that are never implemented, I wish they could just say "WWE wont let us" because I think that would take away some of the hate lol

DenkOps posted his impressions video: https://youtu.be/1ZHauS00q7o

Seems pretty down on the game.

I just finished watching it.

As I said in the comments section I sometimes feel sorry for the guys that make this series. They probably are trying hard but get so many complaints.

I might not come off very cool here but I feel this game looks good.

Props to Denker though for his honest opinion. We need more people who tell it like it is like he does.

Personally, I can forgive a lot of stuff that is disappointing about the game (roster removals, lack of additions, very few changes to universe, fantasy stuff I don't care about) but what I can't handle is a game filled with bugs and gameplay being worse than 2K19. If it's going to be like that I'll definitely hold off buying until the price drops.

Let's hope the day 1 patch addressees at the very least the gameplay problems and graphical glitches.

I almost wonder if they made the "originals" stuff as an intentional distraction from how lacking the main game is, too.

Like..."look at this thing that is obviously a bunch of bullshit, and ignore the other stuff that shouldn't be bullshit, but is...so when the game gets rated really poorly, we can pretend like it falls on people not liking the new direction, instead of how poor the game actually is..."

Personally, I can forgive a lot of stuff that is disappointing about the game (roster removals, lack of additions, very few changes to universe, fantasy stuff I don't care about) but what I can't handle is a game filled with bugs and gameplay being worse than 2K19. If it's going to be like that I'll definitely hold off buying until the price drops.

Let's hope the day 1 patch addressees at the very least the gameplay problems and graphical glitches.

Yeah the glitches have been one of the main problems in recent times. I'm trying to do a com vs. com match for my caw show and about 9 minutes in to a match one of the characters keeps kicking thin air about 7 times in a row. Then I have to go back and record it again.

If the hit detection and targeting are as broken as DenkOps said...then that is honestly the most troubling bit of information I've heard so far. You can have a glitchy mess of a game, and it can still be fun if the gameplay is there. But if that's broken...yeah...we're in trouble. Lol. I'm not trying to play a game where I miss a dozen moves on the computer and get wiped out with a finisher and defeated. I'll rage. :lol:

That assist mode sounds really cool. I'm sure that'll make a lot of unions happy.

The only thing that really bothers me about moving the finisher buttons is beforehand triangle or Y specifically did finishers and signatures, nothing else. And some of these situations it seems like you would be able to do a finisher (like certain reversals that should perfectly set up a smooth transition into one), The Prompt doesn't come up like it supposed to. So now you can't spam the finisher button waiting for the prompt to jump up. If you go for it before that point then it might do either a grapple or a strike independently. That's my guess anyway

I kinda like that the climb turnbuckle button is no longer also the run button. Only because the animation never looked that smooth. Half the time u would start the run animation before u climb the turnbuckle.

but one problem im seeing, is now with them being separate. Running up the turnbuckle is going to be 2 buttons. But will it work? Because now the climb button is also the exit ring button. So wouldn't u press run and climb on the apron...and u would just climb out of the ring?

I kinda like that the enter/exit ring button is no longer also the run button.

Wait, when did that change? It's been awhile since I played but I thought for years the run button was left trigger/L2 and enter/exit was RB/R1

for years Climb turnbuckle and Run have been same button

enter/exit apron/ring was a different button

now Run is still Left trigger. But climbing turnbuckle is going to be same button as enter/exit the ring.

as far as i can tell reading about new controls.

*edit. sorry, yeh i meant "climb" not enter ring in original post

Archived