Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

thats a little disingenous. Thats not a list of ppl not in the game that should be. Thats kinda removed ppl and a wishlist.

i watch like 6 hours of wrestling every week and i dont know 75% of the ppl on that list

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be a very controversial post but....Mycareer and Originals actually has me more excited than anything else from what I've read and seen.

2K20 is basically two games in one. I'll do wwe stuff in career and exhibition but universe mode will mostly be my own fighting game with a wrestling theme. I'll use fighters like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter as inspirational templates mixed with an original caw promotion

Honestly the roster is not that bad. Like we still got Toni, Matt R, Keith Lee, and Molly Holly. HELL WE EVEN GOT IO (even though the model looks pretty bad). Then we got DLC coming up. Then we lot people from prev. games like Jerry Lawler and X-pac.

The missing names are absolutely inexcusable though. No reason to miss off Dany Burch, Wesley Bake or Steve Cutler.

Yes there is they couldnt make a deal with 2k

thats a little disingenous. Thats not a list of ppl not in the game that should be. Thats kinda removed ppl and a wishlist.

i watch like 6 hours of wrestling every week and i dont know 75% of the ppl on that list

If you watch & keep up to date with NXT and NXT UK you'd know 90% of that list. Hell, none of the current NXT UK champions are in the game.

Removed:

Konnor

Viktor

Epico

Primo

Lio Rush

Killian Dain

Vader

Alundra Blayze

Ivory

Jacqueline

Greg Valentine

Rick Rude

Bam Bam Bigelow

Rick Martel

Robert Gibson

Ricky Morton

Tatanka

Sycho Sid

Rikishi

Mr Perfect

Alexander Wolfe

DDP

British Bulldog

Jason Jordan

Dean Ambrose

Chris Jericho

Goldust

Hideo Itami

Nick Miller

TJP

Rhyno

Tye Dillinger

is that about right ?

Wowzers. I assume a lot of this was due to legends deals expiring, especially in the cases of Bigelow and others. Not much can be done about that, as well as the January releases. More shocking is how many people who are still on the roster were left off, albeit because they have barely been on tv. Dain, Wolfe were off TV for an eternity as well as the Ascension, lio rush probably caused his removal with his contract dispute at the start of the year... Wow. Crossing my fingers either DLC updates or regular patches fix up the roster during the games lifespan.

Slight dampering of pre launch hype but still looking forward to the game. Just not going to Uninstall 19.

This is exactly is my point.

Bigelow family signed a new legends deal last year. Rudes too so thats not it.

I really thought torrie Wilson would be in.

It's just crazy to think this might be the biggest year in WWE history with the fox debut, NXT on USA. Not to mention things like the 20th anniversary of SmackDown as someone mentioned earlier. Then 2K saying last year they were increasing investment in the series and the best they could do was fantasy wrestlers and MyCareer. They've done a good job in the past of celebrating wrestling's history with the attitude era in 13, WrestleMania in 14. This year should have been a big deal but it's being treated like a red-headed stepchild. I swear the WWE mobile game has gotten more press than 2K20.

I think sales, if not this year, will be incredible next year after theyre a more established product on Fox. If a McMahon says WWE is gonna be as popular as Disney, maybe dont doubt them. Lol. You saw how Fox instantly integrated WWE into like every other aspect of pop culture and the ratings jumped up past 3 million. And that was just the beginning. 2K bout to get in on this money.

the best they could do was fantasy wrestlers and MyCareer.

And why? Because Yukes left. Literally.

Quote from the Chris D interview.

"There's no one that says no to us anymore when we have crazy ideas and we can now go with it".

They have no one anymore that oversights it and says good idea or bad idea, like imagine Vince Russo in the 90s not having Vince McMahon on the very end saying if his ideas were ok or not, than you would have got WCW Russo.

I don't think it's good that this company now stays on their own, they are proving already that they needed the person's above them to say yes or no.

Does someone have a list of the superstars that are new in the game this year?

"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt

The Brian Kendrick

Buddy Murphy

Hulk Hogan

Humberto Carillo

Jaxson Ryker

Jerry Lawler

Keith Lee

Mankind

Mark Andrews

Mark Henry

Matt Riddle

Tommaso Ciampa

Trent Seven

X-Pac

Chyna

Io Shirai

Mia Yim

Molly Holly

Rhea Ripley

Toni Storm

Zelina Vega

https://wwe.2k.com/roster/

Lio Rush is actually in.

Render has a manager attire but still good

We could theoretically change Manager to playable pretty easy in the last 2 games, maybe that still work.

But on the other hand, why would he just be a manager in the game, that's even dumber than removing him (specially after adding him as wrestler dlc last year)

Archived