Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can have 100000000000000000 ppl in the game but if its the wrong ones it sucks, they need to please all, or at least do a dam good job of it, not this total mess

So you would have been fine with them adding no legends to complete the current roster?

Dont give a shit that most legends are gone. Sucks for the ones that use them but whatever.

Lio I can understand why cut, but still sucks. Really disappointed by the lack of WALTER most. :(

With career and originals being such a focus, creation suite better have some new goodies

I wouldnt expect it ...

So everyone is mad at the roster but i think the random YouTuber trolled us. The roster page hasn't been updated yet and nether has the Smackdown Hotel. I'll wait till they're both updated before i "blow my mind" ......

Lol...it ain't a "random youtuber". It's a collaboration with WWE, 2k, and Smosh. That was the official reveal.

So you would have been fine with them adding no legends to complete the current roster?

I would.

Same. If the games were a burger, the legends would be the sauce. They help make it good, but not essential. Fire Pro & No Mercy got away with no legends while Here Comes The Pain had the bare minimum. Of course, that doesn't mean we shouldn't have legends if the opportunity presents itself, we should always go for the biggest roster.

Yup. I think I am going to try and cancel my pre-order. How disappointing.

Why pre-order before you know what you're getting?

I was so impressed with last year and I figured those legends would be included. They had been real good with legends lately.... So, yeah. I f@ed up. I should have seen this coming. I was so excited for Hogan I didn't stop to think that they could possibly cut a hell of a lot of legends to get there...

maybe next year... but I have to skip this abomination. Maybe they need a step back to take two forward.

Why must there always be a current vs legends thing? Both can co-exist on a game roster. There ain't a spot issue

Looking for some sorta validation that what they want is the consensus... at a guess...

I'll answer the question of what would convince me to buy when it's posed but it's a relatively dumb question.

Why must there always be a current vs legends thing? Both can co-exist on a game roster. There ain't a spot issue

Agreed, this doesn't need to happen every year. I'm sure everyone can empathize with wrestlers being removed whether it be legends or current superstars.

I'll second that. It sucks for anyone who gets left behind. Unfortunately it appears to be the legend fans this year... maybe we'll make a come back next year. Who knows. I do hope at the very least the people who are here for the current roster got a decent selection. It didn't look all that full to me.

Why would they pick the worst attire possible for Riddle..

*censored*ing pinstripes really? We pretty much have to slap logos on everything now to fix it smh

And his model doesnt even look good to begin with smh

I was so impressed with last year and I figured those legends would be included. They had been real good with legends lately.... So, yeah. I f@ed up. I should have seen this coming. I was so excited for Hogan I didn't stop to think that they could possibly cut a hell of a lot of legends to get there...

maybe next year... but I have to skip this abomination. Maybe they need a step back to take two forward.

Gonna agree with you, should have seen this coming. Never pre-order with such little information, especially when the roster matters so much to you.

I sort of see where you're coming from. I picked up the CE a few years back when it was NXT themed as they were showing promise in offering more of a complete current roster. Year after I didn't buy it until it was on sale for £15-20.

Edit - this year I will also not be buying until a sale but that's largely due to the trash marketing, lack of NXT UK presence and all this hokey Originals crap.

So everyone is mad at the roster but i think the random YouTuber trolled us. The roster page hasn't been updated yet and nether has the Smackdown Hotel. I'll wait till they're both updated before i "blow my mind" ......

They're in London doing playtesting.

Well, I learned the hard way I guess. I put a little too much stock into them. They were nice when I called to cancel. So that's a plus. I'll follow up in a few days if I don't recieve a confirmation but they did say they will cancel the order. Anyhow, I'll see y'all next year for 2k21. Here's hoping.

I was hoping for more new Stardom alumni but that was kind of a selfish wish anyway. I like the roster. Everyone I want to be there is there, and I dont think Io looks bad either, so I dont get those comments. I feel the DenkOps video put things in perspective. Seems like they spent a lot of time just deciphering and rewriting everything Yukes had been previously doing. Maybe the legends contracts coming up were a blessing in terms of cutting costs, I dunno. If they unpacked and rewrote all that Yukes coding as their own, then gameplay is gonna start stepping into the future. I just dont know if now is when we will start seeing it.

Is it King Booker this year or Booker T I keep seeing Booker T doesnt make a lot difference in hindsight I suppose as Im not pre ordering anymore now but just wanted to clarify as Ive followed things this far Im just sticking around until we know all DLC details. If I get it this year its £20 pick up bargain bucket sale nothing more. Otherwise Ill be happy to skip it

Archived