Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

So, where are you guys now that said "We need no extra wrestler DLC because they maybe got everyone in at release that they would have put into dlc before"?

Doesn't seem like it at all. I don't see anything DLC worthy here.

well I was proven wrong, and that's to the detriment of the game

I mean, to be fair, the possibility was there. :/

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are there always people on this forum who really struggle to understand that people might not play as the same people as them and therefore are dissapointed when 30+ people are removed from the game?

Its not difficult, if you got who you want then cool. At the same time theres a hell of a lot of people removed from the roster and with the 20 download limit you couldnt even replace them all on day one. Plus, from the interview the other day it sounds like the creation suite was rebuilt... but with the idea of giving us what we had last year after Yukes left.

So yeah, some people are really dissapointed because over 30 people have been taken out of the game, we havent been made aware of anything other than last years creation suite, and so far all signs lead to the DLC just being the new originals stuff which so far has shown to be different skins of characters in the game.

Happy to be proved wrong and they release DLC packs with new people in. However I just think if youre happy with the roster then cool, good for you, enjoy. However I can 100% see why people will be disappointed in it.

First WWE game I havent pre ordered in years.

The most notable removals are not guys like Ascension or Colons...or even Jericho/Dillinger/Itami (because those guys were fully expected to be gone). Nah...the worst removals are definitely the DDPs, Bulldogs, Vaders, Bam Bams, etc. And I suspect that a lot of those guys were taken out because they paid Hogan the lump sum that would have gone to their inclusion. Just a theory.

I'm not downplaying anything. You guys are pissed at like small things you could do in CC. And also how do you know if the DLC will be trash?

You are. "B-b-b-b-but, it's not a big deal!!!1!!" That is the very definition of downplaying. CC should not be used as a shitty excuse to remove people. As for the DLC, it makes no sense to suddenly drop random teams like the Ascension back that far for no reason.

First off, most people that were removed either hasn't been used since recently or used at all. Also the *censored*ing Ascension hasn't been used since 2017? These exclusions are not as bad as Ciampa or Nikki.

Not being used =/= good reason for being removed. They are still classified as being part of the roster on WWE.com, so they should be in. How do you justify only giving us ONE Forgotten Son, or Oney Lorcan but not Danny Burch?

I'm not that gutted about the Legends though it was cool having them in the game. Lio Rush, Killian Dain, Wolfe, etc. from the main roster being removed sucks. There's literally two NXT UK women, two new NXT UK men in Mandrews and Trent, one 3rd of a stable in Jaxson Ryker, sheesh

If I had to hazard a guest, and this is as someone from the outside looking in, I'd probably say that the reason for the cuts is because more of the budget was put on direct development since everything had to be moved in-house and from what I understand, bringing in people to try and start cleaning up the messy code.

For the legends, its entirely possible some of them just had their contracts run out, for all of them, its entirely possible some were cut to save the money that would go to them so that they could stay under budget.

Thats just my personal hypothesis however.

That all said, I cannot bloody believe there are people still perpetuating the slots argument..

The roster really is making me think of waiting for this game until way cheaper... if I got the digital deluxe edition on Black Friday would I still get chyna?

Theres too many names that should be on here that were removed... also the legends being cut sucks but Im not too mad about those. Well a few I am. Like British Bulldog whom I always use.

The models look off, the rosters suck, Id likely play career for a month and get bored. Universe is why I play these games. The game is suppose to be the womens evolution yet they remove basically all the women legends and only add two new ones. And one is DLC. Now was the perfect time to have women from the first royal rumble or evolution in. Wow

If I had to hazard a guest, and this is as someone from the outside looking in, I'd probably say that the reason for the cuts is because more of the budget was put on direct development since everything had to be moved in-house and from what I understand, bringing in people to try and start cleaning up the messy code.

For the legends, its entirely possible some of them just had their contracts run out, for all of them, its entirely possible some were cut to save the money that would go to them so that they could stay under budget.

I can see that. Still sucks as a sacrifice though

Ok these are legends who taking up space for new people to be included lol

Yeah...this is not a thing.

I mean...there is limited space to write on an Xbox or Playstation disc...but WWE ain't running the risk of filling that up any time soon. Much larger games than WWE2K20 already exist.

I can see that. Still sucks as a sacrifice though

Absolutely, and I really feel for you guys who use the roster on the regular. This is a painful blow to you guys and I'm sorry you have to lose out on a really good roster.

The roster really is making me think of waiting for this game until way cheaper... if I got the digital deluxe edition on Black Friday would I still get chyna?

Yea

It will be released as independent DLC for everyone after a month like last years exclusive pre ordered dlc

I don't blame anyone for not buying at launch because of the roster hit. That said I am hoping that the bug fixing and small improvements to gameplay are enticing. 2K19 was great and only hampered by certain bugs and limitations for me.

Yeah I am also definitely waiting 'till this game is on sale. The roster itself doesn't really bother me that much, but the models all look so weird and lifeless and there really hasn't been anything to blow me away this year. I guess the Creation Suite still remains if anything has been improved there, but I highly doubt it at this point.

Archived