Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that Ciampa caw was amazing, i remember even saying it was likely better than an ingame Ciampa we would have gotten anyways which yeah i think it is a bit better than the in game Ciampa we got in 2K20, although we've only seen that 1 shot of him in the trailer so maybe thats not fair.

Really hoping we get a vid showing Ciampa's entrance, i feel like we should since he was the main talk of 2K19 being left out.

Caws can be amazing...for sure.

But the lack of custom music still kinda kills the feel.

Honestly...they could put out a game with no in-game roster at all...literally just make a game with the entire creation suite, add custom music and story creator back in...and I'd buy that shit in a heartbeat. It would be a better game. Lol.

ill reserve judgement about the controls till i hear more but this is the annoying thing about 2Ks reliance on YTers. this is the type of thing 2K should be on top of. why the hell am i hearing about major gameplay tweaks from a casual interview and a tweet from CMPulse? they do this with NBA 2K as well. just tell us yourself, i dont want to subscribe/follow these Youtubers for information.

Caws can be amazing...for sure.

But the lack of custom music still kinda kills the feel.

Honestly...they could put out a game with no in-game roster at all...literally just make a game with the entire creation suite, add custom music and story creator back in...and I'd buy that shit in a heartbeat. It would be a better game. Lol.

Like I say every year, the Spotify Integration on PS4 in connection to your phone is so freaking good, the songs you start basically play in-game and automatically mute other music when you start a song.

So that's not an issue at all for me.

Like I say every year, the Spotify Integration on PS4 in connection to your phone is so freaking good, the songs you start basically play in-game and automatically mute other music when you start a song.

Garbage solution, which must be manually turned on and off.

You have the same feature on Xbox as well...but it just isn't a feasible replacement for actually adding custom entrance music. You're also limited to whatever you can find on the streaming service. That means no custom edited themes...no rare themes, etc.

You have the same feature on Xbox as well...but it just isn't a feasible replacement for actually adding custom entrance music. You're also limited to whatever you can find on the streaming service. That means no custom edited themes...no rare themes, etc.

Agreed. We dont want some jurry rigged half assed solution. We'd like it as a proper feature.

I mean, if I play mostly Universe mode, it adds to the immersion that I have to start and stop the songs. ????

And seriously, that's not a problem at all, I take this as a trade-off for the fantastic implementation of having them being played literally in-game.

(Not the exact same on Xbox by the way, there all music you start just goes on top of everything, while on PS4 it's technically implemented that the game itself recognize the music you play so the sound balance is fantastic)

hWHshqu.jpg

Ok this made me sad...

Ill go on the record and say WWE 2k has a way deeper character creation suite while NBAs is way more limited but generally looks more realistic. Ill take WWEs, but damn.

Also the devs never do a good job at making CAWs for promotional material ever look good. I can recall from like 2008, theyve always made shitty looking demonstrative characters. Barron Blade included.

As I pointed out on Twitter, the character in the NBA2K20 trailer is an actual scanned actor who voices the MyCareer character, not someone made in NBA2K's creation mode. NBA2K uses the voice actor in the trailers every year, but we don't get to use him ingame.

Naw. I'll take it however I can get it. The game DESPERATELY needs custom music back. I don't care if they shell out money to Sony directly to make it happen. I want it.

I've said it before...there's not even any legitimate reason why it can't be in.

They currently use the "copyright" claim...but that makes no sense, as you could just bar custom music from online. If you're using your own music, on your own system, sharing it with nobody...then that shouldn't be an issue at all. You could upload tracks just like you upload textures and logos to your private server...and no one else would ever be affected by it. That could be done so easily with the current upload tools, it's not even funny.

*Edit: I mean to say that the current upload tools represent a framework for a concept...not that they would just automatically allow for this idea to work the way that I said. Obviously, other things would need to be changed...but it's a concept that has legs.

"Streamlined Controls"

All I really hope is that we don't have less options to do moves or less moves to do in general, you know what I mean.

In theory, button combos should allow for more moves to be done. But...like I said, I think it might just be a "different controls make the game feel fresh" scenario, where it's less about actually adding anything, and more about changing things to trick people.

I have to agree with you on that one. I think they want to put their own spin on it to make it "their own" but it doesn't necessarily mean it will add anything in terms of additional moves... heck if anything it may hurt the game.

I'm really trying to be optimistic because this is their first year without Yukes and being on their own. But idk. Jinks comes off really sketchy. I hear a lot of pr bullshit. I'm 16 minutes in and I'm not getting anything genuine. I just got to the part about the reversal being changed like Masked Idol posted. Doesn't sound all that bad actually. But idk.

They still have yutes since their last game

so far looks like 2 of my fas are not in, mr perfect and rick rude, think so far no vader, bam bam , sid or ddp

I hope not, I was counting on Rick Rude and Mr. Perfect this year. I'm hoping they just haven't gotten to then yet.

The whole GM Mode question in that video irks me. 100% PR answer. They continue to say they listen to the fans, yet no one asked for Towers Mode or Road to Glory Mode.

I'm sure they don't live under a rock. They would know Xaiver Woods show UUDD had some of the highest views online when he was playing GM Mode against Tyler Breeze. Hell, even Xavier has said he wants it back. Shame one of their promoters can't get through to 2K.

It would be cool if triangle reversed strike moves and trigger reversed grapple moves, similar to how the controls were slightly different in Fight Night for blocking/parrying body and head punches. That way you really couldnt reverse everything with a single push of the same button, no matter what it is...but I like the freshness of the idea...lets see how it plays out. Seems like itll give gameplay an old school kind of feel in that aspect, in a good way.

The whole GM Mode question in that video irks me. 100% PR answer. They continue to say they listen to the fans, yet no one asked for Towers Mode or Road to Glory Mode.

I'm sure they don't live under a rock. They would know Xaiver Woods show UUDD had some of the highest views online when he was playing GM Mode against Tyler Breeze. Hell, even Xavier has said he wants it back. Shame one of their promoters can't get through to 2K.

Yeah lol fans have been asking for GM mode for YEARS and yet they continue to say they listen, i think they've gave that answer the last 2 or 3 games thats came out "Yeah we're listening its definitely on our to do list" then next game a completely random mode no one asked for.... Why don't they just come out and say they don't plan to bring it back?

Archived