Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

Maybe Yukes did the hair physics up until this year and now that they have that it's not as simple as copy and paste

Also apparently there was a job posting a while back for hair physics stuff so maybe they didn't find someone :hqhq:

Nah-uh, really? It's clearly the same engine from last year. I don't understand taking this big of a step backwards. It's like ps3 stiff.

Bingo.

Look, my man...video game development is more than copying and pasting. :lol:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the interview they speak about having to completely rewrite certain things, open a new studio, hire tons of people (who all have to be brought up to speed). I empathize with the devs more than anything. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been getting this game ready to ship but as a consumer, hearing that does not give me confidence in the game we're getting or the amount of polish the game will have.

At the end of the day, it's WWE's fault for wanting a game every single year...and it's our fault as fans for expecting one. Hopefully, if Yukes is making their own wrestling game, we can return to a more staggered release schedule, where we get one series one year, and the other in the next. This is ideal...and would, in theory, deliver two polished games instead of one rushed one.

Ah, gotcha. As a video game developer, how do you think things have gotten so miffed up?

I'm not a video game developer. That doesn't stop me from knowing that it's more than copying and pasting. :lol:

Oh, could of sworn from the tone of your reply that you were. Was going to follow up on the stuttering issue next. So you just know things I take it.

Them making my career the main focus and new controls have me really worried. Has me thinking theyre just trying to cater to a casual audience tbh. The controls were fine. They better have the option to change it if I dont like it too.

Oh, could of sworn from the tone of your reply that you were. Was going to follow up on the stuttering issue next. So you just know things I take it.

Keep your snark, ma'am.

Yeah...I tend to know a bit about game development from being a lifelong fan of video games, watching dev docs, having a general understanding of what type of problems can arise when you mess around with code.

I take it you don't understand that adding or removing certain parts of code can destabilize other (potentially more important) pieces of the game? It's not just "right click...copy...paste". I can even give you an example of a time when the dev team changed something, and how it directly affected other parts of the game...

[back when THQ left, the new team adjusted all of the wrestlers to be the proper height. They wanted more realistic proportions. In doing so, some people clipped through the ramp when they walked down to the ring...or took certain moves in a weird way. They changed one part of the code, but failed to adjust others to match. I'm sure they knew this would happen...but they didn't have time to fix it before they were rushed to launch.]

So...yeah..."copy and paste" is a fallacy. Thank you, try again.

hWHshqu.jpg

Ok this made me sad...

Ill go on the record and say WWE 2k has a way deeper character creation suite while NBAs is way more limited but generally looks more realistic. Ill take WWEs, but damn.

Also the devs never do a good job at making CAWs for promotional material ever look good. I can recall from like 2008, theyve always made shitty looking demonstrative characters. Barron Blade included.

About their reason of wanting to make the 'streamlined' controls easier for casual players... It honestly should take like a couple matches to get it lol, just trial and error, and there's already tutorials when you first start up the game so Idk man.

hWHshqu.jpg

Ok this made me sad...

Ill go on the record and say WWE 2k has a way deeper character creation suite while NBAs is way more limited but generally looks more realistic. Ill take WWEs, but damn.

Also the devs never do a good job at making CAWs for promotional material ever look good. I can recall from like 2008, theyve always made shitty looking demonstrative characters. Barron Blade included.

Keep in mind...the NBA one is using a face texture, the WWE one is not

They're not there yet, but it's not as bas the pic makes it seems.

I'm sure I can work with the controls...and honestly, there was a time when I hated that they changed the button combo controls to the ones we have now...so I might end up liking this more. It just seems...unnecessary. It feels like changing something just to make the experience feel "different"...so that people don't call it the same game. But, that doesn't necessarily mean that "different" will end up being better. Ya know? It seems like a bit of a ploy. But, I'll have to wait and see...

hWHshqu.jpg

Ok this made me sad...

this reminded me of what they said in the interview about one day hopping to topple NBA 2K in terms of quality and the conversation of what franchise you mean when you say "2K" lol

hWHshqu.jpg

Ok this made me sad...

I totally understand dude. Ive been playing NBA 2k for years. I just wish theyd update base template for CAWS in WWE because they look terrible. NBA 2k using actually scans of heads look so much better. They used to be worse than WWE games until they updated it.

hWHshqu.jpg

Ok this made me sad...

I totally understand dude. Ive been playing NBA 2k for years. I just wish theyd update base template for CAWS in WWE because they look terrible. NBA 2k using actually scans of heads look so much better. They used to be worse than WWE games until they updated it.

Didn't know that about the NBA games. Let's hope that VC can improve that stuff then, now that they're fully in charge

"Streamlined Controls"

All I really hope is that we don't have less options to do moves or less moves to do in general, you know what I mean.

In theory, button combos should allow for more moves to be done. But...like I said, I think it might just be a "different controls make the game feel fresh" scenario, where it's less about actually adding anything, and more about changing things to trick people.

Archived