Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

The reason they took it down and re-upped it, is because they added a text bumper that says "trailer contains content from Bump in the Night DLC pack". That's literally it...so don't bother reading more into it than that.

Someone probably told them "Yeah...your main gameplay trailer shouldn't be 65% about content that isn't in the base game". Which is true...and seems...like common sense.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I brought up this before. Just about everyone in this current series of games if larger/buffer than they had been in life. It's a style choice as opposed to getting it "wrong". I prefer a more realistic look to the wrestlers, however I do understand they are going for the larger then life look. It also goes without saying they do touch up the wrestlers faces as well.

They give them six packs and defined muscles, yeah, but they are out of proportion this year. They normally stick to getting their body shapes correct. Seth and X-Pac are way out of proportion to the point it looks like their heads should not be on their bodies.

The state of this...

2-BCBF9-A1-65-FC-48-EF-90-C2-430-AEC528-

This was two years ago...

DGULlfuUwAE4gkZ.jpg

If you told me that above screen for WWE 2K20 was for Switch, Id believe you. Those textures are just nasty.

In fact, that is how this looks. Its like comparing Switch to current gen.

A79-A58-EC-B58-F-4-B0-C-9740-E555-D67-E9

That is Switch 2K18 on the left and WWE 2k20 on the right.

Youre really comparing a compressed screenshot from a moving video to a in game screenshot still.

....okay.

Erm... Yes? You can factor in compression and still see there is a downgrade there. Just to make the comparison fairer for you though, here is a screen from 2k19, from a youtube video.

6742-CDEA-8-EA6-4-E17-B00-F-A6-AC8593-EA

and the previous screen once again...

2-BCBF9-A1-65-FC-48-EF-90-C2-430-AEC528-

If you cant see the drop in graphics and the messed up proportions of the model there, thats on you.

If you watch the 4K video and pause at a time without motion blur, you can see that the textures are fine. So...yeah, like Bushy said...you can't use poor quality captures to prove something just because it suits you...

QS0RvbY.png

Also...I'm pretty sure it's literally the same model, and your "proportion" complaints are a matter of optical illusion. The elbow pad gives the illusion that his arms are bigger...and the pattern on his vest gives the illusion that his midsection is bigger. Just my opinion. Not very likely that they would change Seth's model for no reason. It's the attire fooling your eye.

If you watch the 4K video and pause at a time without motion blur, you can see that the textures are fine. So...yeah, like Bushy said...you can't use poor quality captures to prove something just because it suits you...

QS0RvbY.png

Also...I'm pretty sure it's literally the same model, and your "proportion" complaints are a matter of optical illusion. The elbow pad gives the illusion that his arms are bigger...and the pattern on his vest gives the illusion that his midsection is bigger. Just my opinion. Not very likely that they would change Seth's model for no reason. It's the attire fooling your eye.

Nah. Those textures are guff. Its blurry as hell and looks stretched. Changing to 4K doesnt change that. (In fact, youve highlighted it more so.) These character models have low resolution skin textures and are lacking detail for what current gen games normally have.

Either the PC version has influenced my eyes (to the point Im used to higher res textures being in the game) and the console versions are terrible, or they have downgraded it.

Whatever you say, expert on textures...

People complain about graphics based on youtube videos every single year...and when the game actually comes out...guess what? The content looks a lot different on an actual television screen, coming directly from the source. You can lose details just from screen to screen, based on what the brightness and contrast controls might be. I have dual monitors on my PC, and I notice the changes between those. They're identical manufacturer and model number as well. Fact is...your personal monitor will bring out whatever is missing in the youtube videos. I guarantee it. There is no "downgrade" present.

Whatever you say, expert on textures...

People complain about graphics based on youtube videos every single year...and when the game actually comes out...guess what? The content looks a lot different on an actual television screen, coming directly from the source. You can lose details just from screen to screen, based on what the brightness and contrast controls might be. I have dual monitors on my PC, and I notice the changes between those. They're identical manufacturer and model number as well. Fact is...your personal monitor will bring out whatever is missing in the youtube videos. I guarantee it. There is no "downgrade" present.

Yeah, Im not going to stoop to your level with the digs. Pretty childish mate. You might not like my opinion, but Im free to give it.

I know how displays can change but that right there looks nasty to me. Never held the opinion prior (in fact 2K19 always looked great to me in the run up to release). My display is calibrated to ISF standards. This isnt a calibration issue. Or maybe it is and Im seeing what you arent?

Either way, looks like a downgrade to me. Last Im saying on the matter as Im clogging up the discussion now.

Digs? Yeah...really wouldn't go that far.

Fact is, you're trying to tell people that your "opinion" on the textures is "fact"...and it ain't...it's just some shit that you're reading too much into. I think joking about you being the self-proclaimed "expert of textures" falls in line with that.

So did they just give The Fiend Bray's old entrance? looks like they did, theres no towel on his head and it doesn't look like the lighting or look that his entrance had at Summerslam. At the very least i hope the Firefly Funhouse intro is at the star of it and drowns out and goes into his entrance.

I'm gonna pretend that every time someone demands the roster reveal, 2K throws an extra day on the wait just for shits and giggles.

Not gonna lie, it would be hilarious if they wait until like March of next year to give us the roster reveal, by which time the game had been out for several months and we'd all know the roster for ourselves. :lol:

I think the Seth arm thing and the Invisible Bayley frame aren't really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. I don't think Seth looks THAT disproportional and the Bayley thing I doubt you'd even notice in real time.

Still has no business being in a promotional trailer.

The best thing you can say about including that is that they're showing game footage and not a completely different animation for the trailer

Actually, I think the "best" thing you could say about including the glitch is that the trailer is probably created with pre-alpha footage that doesn't directly reflect the retail game. It's certainly a stretch to think that they would have fixed it...but that is surely the best outlook you could take.

Actually, I think the "best" thing you could say about including the glitch is that the trailer is probably created with pre-alpha footage that doesn't directly reflect the retail game. It's certainly a stretch to think that they would have fixed it...but that is surely the best outlook you could take.

That sounded very THQ of you :)

I think the Seth arm thing and the Invisible Bayley frame aren't really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. I don't think Seth looks THAT disproportional and the Bayley thing I doubt you'd even notice in real time.

Still has no business being in a promotional trailer.

The best thing you can say about including that is that they're showing game footage and not a completely different animation for the trailer

Of course not but this series always manages to put clipping or bugs in promotional material. People seem surprised by this Bayley thing when it's really just common stuff for them

I dont know why everyone is freaking out about the trailer showing mostly Originals stuff. The first pack is included in the preorder. Thats what the trailer is for, to get people to preorder, not to decide if they want the game 4 or 5 months from now. Its no different than the Arnold or Angle trailers.

Seems an awful lot like Voodoo Chile would best suit that air guitar shredding he is doing. If not, it isnt really a big deal to me. Maybe if there were a full-on Hogan showcase to justify every theme hes ever had.

Chances are pretty low Voodoo Chile gets licensed for WWE 2K20 (the Hendrix estate is not an easy entity to deal with) but I'd pop if I heard that theme again in a video game.

(Real American still rips though)

Archived