Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

Fiend looks great. And the homie Pac is back in!?

*hands 2k his wallet, but snatches it back when they try to take it*

*Censored* outta here bwoi, XD.

Looking at another skipped year. Excited for the CAWS as always though

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch the trailer again where Bailey is fighting Charlotte. Baileys body just under her top goes see through and you can see the ref behind her.

E64-A3027-95-E3-4-CA9-B52-F-E55-EC254860

X-Pac is completely out of proportion. He has never been that buff.

Very odd that they show Kane in an outdated attire too.

The graphics look terrible in this. Definitely not preordering this. Its got phoned in wrote all over it. Seems that Yukes leaving hasnt been good for this game.

Interesting trailer...

I still don't think I will jump on this game immediately (for the first time ever). This is partly because of the lack of hype I've had for it this year and starting a new job.

I think I brought up this before. Just about everyone in this current series of games if larger/buffer than they had been in life. It's a style choice as opposed to getting it "wrong". I prefer a more realistic look to the wrestlers, however I do understand they are going for the larger then life look. It also goes without saying they do touch up the wrestlers faces as well.

Another thing, i wish they'd quit putting stuff in the trailer that isn't new, like the spear through the barricade and the powerbomb on the limousine windshield, we've had those things for years in the previous games, yet they're in there like its new and should sell you on the game.

And they also need to slow these trailers down a little, stuff goes by so fast you don't have time to react or take anything in.

Watch the trailer again where Bailey is fighting Charlotte. Baileys body just under her top goes see through and you can see the ref behind her.

E64-A3027-95-E3-4-CA9-B52-F-E55-EC254860

Wow. I find this really gross that they'd put a shot like this in their promotional trailer.

It's such poor work. Sure, glitches exists.. but don't put them in your promos!

Really discourages me to get excited about it, cause clearly they don't seem to care too much.

You'd think they'd go through the trailer a day before it drops and just make sure theres nothing like that in it, but they speed the trailer up so fast i guess they don't think anyone will notice, even though almost everyone slows the trailer down and analyses it every year....

Stuff like that combined with the hair having no physics makes me worry.

I did think it was weird they were throwing in the originals stuff for what is basically a launch trailer while omitting the fact that alot of sheeit in the trailer isn't included in the base game. As close to the chest as this marketing, if you could even call it that, had been, that was one hell of a glaring omission and most definitely false advertising. If that text really was missed first time around, I hope nobody that saw first trailer thinking they're getting all thst crazy sheeit in the base version

I think I brought up this before. Just about everyone in this current series of games if larger/buffer than they had been in life. It's a style choice as opposed to getting it "wrong". I prefer a more realistic look to the wrestlers, however I do understand they are going for the larger then life look. It also goes without saying they do touch up the wrestlers faces as well.

They give them six packs and defined muscles, yeah, but they are out of proportion this year. They normally stick to getting their body shapes correct. Seth and X-Pac are way out of proportion to the point it looks like their heads should not be on their bodies.

The state of this...

2-BCBF9-A1-65-FC-48-EF-90-C2-430-AEC528-

This was two years ago...

DGULlfuUwAE4gkZ.jpg

If you told me that above screen for WWE 2K20 was for Switch, Id believe you. Those textures are just nasty.

In fact, that is how this looks. Its like comparing Switch to current gen.

A79-A58-EC-B58-F-4-B0-C-9740-E555-D67-E9

That is Switch 2K18 on the left and WWE 2k20 on the right.

One of those Seth screens is a muddy screen cap from a video and one is an actual developer screen shot so the later would look better.

Part of the reason Seth looks weird in that 2K20 shot is because his arms are raised. Judging by the Universe screens, Seth's body looks the same way it's looked for several games now.

You're right about X-Pac though. He has that 2K16 model again and he looks too bulky. Glad to have him back though.

I watched the trailer now a few times and it really seems like im not the targeted audience anymore.

That is absolutly clear by now because nothing about this trailer makes me want to buy this game.

You have a wide range of quality in terms of the models instead of them all being good or above, animations who look horrible(Becky walks like a duck) and a general lack of life and emotion in everything the trailer shows.

This is a game clearly targeted towards more casual gamers, there is no love in the wwe contend they presented so far and it seems they put more work into those fantasy things than the rest.

Which is cool...if the same amount of work goes into making the game overall better.

And seeing as the gameplay is hardly changed...nothing outside the caw mode is interesting to me, and the caw mode is not worth paying 60 bucks.

I wish everybody who buys it a lot of fun with this obviously, but i have never felt such dissapointment from a wwe2k game.

With Yukes out of the equation, I'm not sure how fair is to expect leaps and bounds in the realms of gameplay from VC. I would like to hope that they took what's there and cleaned it up to where everything is as close to functional as possible. The Bayley thing is one hell of a red flag though.

They give them six packs and defined muscles, yeah, but they are out of proportion this year. They normally stick to getting their body shapes correct. Seth and X-Pac are way out of proportion to the point it looks like their heads should not be on their bodies.

The state of this...

2-BCBF9-A1-65-FC-48-EF-90-C2-430-AEC528-

This was two years ago...

DGULlfuUwAE4gkZ.jpg

If you told me that above screen for WWE 2K20 was for Switch, Id believe you. Those textures are just nasty.

In fact, that is how this looks. Its like comparing Switch to current gen.

A79-A58-EC-B58-F-4-B0-C-9740-E555-D67-E9

That is Switch 2K18 on the left and WWE 2k20 on the right.

Youre really comparing a compressed screenshot from a moving video to a in game screenshot still.

....okay.

Archived