Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly...I don't mind at all not knowing the full roster until I actually pop the disc in and play the game. It would be like going back in time to when I was a child, and the joy I got from experiencing new games blind for the first time. But...what we really need is more info about create modes, a proper gameplay trailer...more gameplay in general. A rundown of how the gameplay works and what changes have been made. I'm not looking for an entire rundown of the roster. I can wait for that, as long as it actually delivers on the day of release.

2K will do what they did last year, only release part of the roster but say its the full roster and then when we have questions on certain superstars they will say Oh yeah, he/shes in. Its ridiculous. They could just release the full roster so we know who we are getting ahead of time.

When did this happen or are you talking about alternate versions of wrestlers? I don't recall a large number of people being announced after the reveal videos outside of alt stuff.

2K will do what they did last year, only release part of the roster but say its the full roster and then when we have questions on certain superstars they will say Oh yeah, he/shes in. Its ridiculous. They could just release the full roster so we know who we are getting ahead of time.

When did this happen or are you talking about alternate versions of wrestlers? I don't recall a large number of people being announced after the reveal videos outside of alt stuff.

Maybe he's thinking of 2K18. They did stuff like announce Vince on "National Boss Day" and stuff outside of the Roster Reveal IIRC

Listening to the previews of these songs beside Lil Uzi Vertz (I've already heard that song a lot), these aren't so bad as the Facebook comments make them. Seriously though, the roster and info drop for this game has been poor. I got to know WHO is on the roster so I can update my Universe for this game in WWE2K19. *sighs

Guest Shades of Cool

Based on some of the songs I already know, the soundtrack is pretty good.

I'm especially glad 99 by Barns Courtney made it in.

For the love of all thats holy, just give us the damn roster. Thats what the fans want, all of this could have came after.

The roster? I don't even class the roster as important, it's largely the same year to year outside of a few changes in the lineup of legends or firings etc. For me the roster exists only as an avenue to see what new moves, caw parts or entrance motions I might be able to give to original caws. "If" they port said thing over to caw mode. (I'd love to use Dana Brooks hair but caw's can't).

I'm far more interested to see if there's any new/returning create modes, any quality of life improvements to cawrestler/arena/belt/moveset/entrance mode, any AI/gameplay mechanics improvements or deeper customability that will improve matches, if there are any new/returning match types etc.

Still holding to the Fox debut of Smackdown on Friday night to be the day a serious trailer drops, probably followed by the break of the embargo on youtubers showing content. Guessing we aren't getting a roster reveal at all this year, but will be relying fully on youtubers to show what is and isn't in the game.

Archived