Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at these models, it looks we once again

won't be able to edit hair or facial hair... I personally don't like Kofi's pigtail dreads. All in all I have to say the game is appearing fairly dull this year. Unless they're holding back something big like changing hair or new creation suite features & revealing the rest of the roster, they don't have my attention yet.

The Universe news is about as good as i could expect. With the focus being Showcase and MyPlayer stuff. I have come to expect the small incremental improvements to Universe in the short amount of time they are given to work on it.

The Promo thing is needed. Because as much as it adds to the shows. Often the lines dont fit the style of the wrestler involved. So it breaks immersion a little. More lines means more diversity in dialogue...and more likely to fit who i have in the ring at the time.

Also good to see the match count being higher and more in-line with the huge RAW and WrestleMania cards we regularly get now.

1. Why do all the superstars have the same stance/pose? Majority of them look stupid because of it. Lazy on 2Ks part.

2. The Universe Mode reveal was as I expected. Underwhelming. Never played it for more than 2 days anyways so oh well.

3. Everything currently announced surely could have been put in a patch for 2K19. It's a shame 2K must release a new game every year. Like I said a few months ago, I didn't expect the game to have any major changes or add ons. PS4 & XBOX1 are getting old so surely once the new consoles release, 2K will pull out all the stops and give us something worth buying.

This marketing campaign has been trash. Right to the point that no matter what they announce I've already decided to go with other games during 2K20's launch period and even looking into the holiday season I've got several purchases in mind so WWE is likely early next year at best... but then there's TLOU 2, FF7 Remake and Cyberpunk all before the end of April...

As for the Universe mode info... yawn... would be disappointing but it's about what was expected. There are positives, more matches per show is nice.

Universe Mode is all I pretty much do in the game besides make CAW's. However wished there was a way to have a multiplayer Universe or something. Oh well, I wasn't expecting much in terms of improvements but I was hoping for the Promo's to be improved upon. They always came off weird. Here is hoping for the roster reveal to blow us away.

Fingers crossed for Rick Rude, Mr Perfect and Junkyard Dog... An for 80's Hogan.

my main hope is that the striking is fixed.

Its so wonky in 2k19. The combos barely work. The punches make ur arm turn into a wet noodle when they connect like u got no bones in ur hand.

And u spin around and punch the air for no reason some time. I love the new striking selling system they implemented in 2k19...but it certainly messed up some things with collision detection, combos and targeting.

I also have my fingers crossed they didn't reanimate everything again. Some of the new animations were good in last game. But i think on average I disliked most of them compared to the old animations they replaced.

Finding a good normal looking diving splash, diving clothesline, ddt, running lariat is more of a struggle since they got rid of all the good ones and replaced them with weird looking ones.

I am hoping the AI reversals have been toned down when it comes to top rope corner moves. It was near impossible to do a move there. They constantly reversed it.

The reversals in general I have found to b e a mess. the AI reverses nearly everything you do while all mine are "too early" "too late" despite hitting exactly when the prompt comes up.

I read somewhere that the superstars stances all being the same helps with loading time. I dont know how true that is but thats what one of those big youtube guys said. And by that, I mean one of the ones who always gets to go try out the games by invite.

I don't think it affects the loading time of the game. Superstar pose in the select screen are premade image files. They don't need to load the characters anymore. It only applies to CAWS and Edited Superstars. That's why if you recreate the same pose with the same attire the result is not the same.

I too hate the basic and same poses for every superstars in the game. I miss 2K17 and 18 character poses.

Seems like it is mostly small changes to make life easier which isn't much but still is something. PPVs finally being over 7 matches is really a relief. Otherwise, if we can get promos that feel more real and less goofy and actual storylines, that could be a great addition. Though, this is a promise that has been made many times before

Otherwise, not mentioned but from what I see, Power Rankings seem to be gone which I would love. Didn't really worked and messed up the stats of the wrestlers because of that

Archived