Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is par for the course for 2K. i know it can get annoying but this is just how they rollout. This is almost exactly how NBA 2K20 rolled out, but instead of entrances they dropped screenshots of players before they started pouring information within the month of release. The demo came out a mere two weeks before release.

Well they've pretty much killed any hype for me this year. If there were any worth while changes they'd be shouting it from the roof tops. Instead we get Frankenstroman which is silly. The pre-order stuff is cool but other than that, not much to be excited about. It's doubtful I'll buy day one. Shit 2k normally has more info than this for wwe games by now. The NBA marketing excuse is bullshit to be honest. I haven't even seen a full in depth preview of the game with anything about match types or gameplay. No explanation on the supposed new controls either that they claim is simpler or whatever they called it

When you're interested in a movie, do you only follow it's website and social media the whole time until release because of official info from the studio?

That tends to be one of the more reliable sources for information, so yeah.

"2K gonna 2K"... I suppose. *shrug*

One effect I have to say is it's made this place miserable. For years, this place would be very active daily from the beginning of summer until release day!

People would be posting articles, twitter tidbits of info by Corey Ledesma and Bryan Williams, tons of rumors, Q&A's and leaks. With all that, people would be make fun threads with ideas for when the game comes out.

The only 2 most active threads for the game right now is official discussion and screenshots. I like 2K games and all but THQ sure knew how to get hype going! Remember when they would release gameplay trailers as early as E3 week or close to Summerslam?

So, when you say "within that month"...you literally mean a day before release? Okay, then...sure...that's common sense.

It's also stupid.

It's not "common sense" at all whether we'll be getting info this week, next, or the week after that. They could very well wait until the week before the game comes out...and that is a huge issue, IMO. By the 22nd of September, we should know what this game is going to be when it releases on the 22nd of October. If we don't, that's going to be troubling.

With the exception of surprise releases, where a game is revealed for the first time and they say "and it's out today!"...you never see games a month away from release without knowing pretty much everything about them.

Like...could you imagine Mortal Kombat 11 releasing, and all you know a month before it comes out is that Scorpion, Sub Zero and Raiden are in it? Shit doesn't happen.

Actually that very nearly happened with MK 11, so not a good example this time lol. Granted it's announcement reveal to launch window was very short, going into March ( with an April release) less than half the roster was known, none of the new modes were known and nothing about DLC or online was known. There was a big leak in Feb, but it was rough for a while.

Archived