Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

You know,I wouldn't mind the return of L2 being used to reverse strikes, and R2 being used for grapples, and of course pressing both for finishers. It sure would provide a challenge.

it wouldn't be a challenge. It would just lead to frustration, because sometimes Strikes can appear as grapples and vice versa. Limiting your reversals to 3 slots is way more of a challenge

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know,I wouldn't mind the return of L2 being used to reverse strikes, and R2 being used for grapples, and of course pressing both for finishers. It sure would provide a challenge.

it wouldn't be a challenge. It would just lead to frustration, because sometimes Strikes can appear as grapples and vice versa. Limiting your reversals to 3 slots is way more of a challenge

Good point, Legion. My mistake.

I thought I would post this since they will be pretty popular on CC when 2k20 comes out.

Angel Garza

Sig: Superkick 4, Jumping Clotheline 3

Fin: Sit-Out Spinebuster, Lionsault

Boa

Sig: Superkick 16, Empress Combination

Fin: Buzzsaw Kick, Roundhouse Kick 7

Bronson Reed

Sig: Clothesline From Hell, Release Back Suplex

Fin: Diving Body Splash 3, Kurifuda Clutch (Go 2 Sleeper replacement) or Brainbuster 2

Cameron Grimes

Sig: Sit-Out Powerbomb 2, Fallaway Moonsault Slam

Fin: Jumping Mushroom Stomp, Small Package Driver 2

Dexter Lumis:

Sig: Superkick 13, Diving Leg Drop 4

Fin: Swanton Bomb 2, Elevated Triangle

Choke

Isaiah "Swerve" Scott

Sig: Super Kick 4 or Superkick 16, Panama Sunrise or Chickenwing Gutbuster (respective replacements for Calamity Trigger and Space Jam)

Fin: Coupe De Grace or Diving Foot Stomp 3, Electric Chair Half Nelson Driver or Sit-Out Full Nelson Facebuster

Jordan Myles

Sig: Brainbuster 8, Diving Crossbody 4

Fin: 450 Splash, German Suplex 8

Joaquin Wilde

Sig: Snapmare Driver, 450 Spalsh

Fin: Jumping DDT 2

Despite being part timers and like them or not, do you all consider Brock Lesnar and John Cena as wwe legends now? Cena seems more likely because of his long career and everything he's done but Brock has big career highlights in his resume and both are almost guaranteed future hall of famers.

I'm asking for wwe2k19/20 and so on. I always remove them from the current roster in universe mode but am thinking of adding them to my legends show and so I'm trying to figure out if they fit for that honor already

I think if you have 2 finishers stored and all reversal stocks, you should be able to reverse a finisher into a finisher. They could make some specific ones (curb stomp into RKO, AA into RKO) and for the others just use a generic escape animation that triggers right into the finisher. If the opponent has 2 stored finishers and all reversal stocks, they should also be able to reverse your reversal.

Just imagine the drama and excitement that would create.

I think if you have 2 finishers stored and all reversal stocks, you should be able to reverse a finisher into a finisher. They could make some specific ones (curb stomp into RKO, AA into RKO) and for the others just use a generic escape animation that triggers right into the finisher. If the opponent has 2 stored finishers and all reversal stocks, they should also be able to reverse your reversal.

Just imagine the drama and excitement that would create.

That's a great idea

There's always people to add or return when it comes to legends and alumni though. Contract issues do complicate things but to say they couldn't and just choose to charge 30 bucks for fantasy stuff is a bit much. I don't mind it myself but I like realism and don't see myself using that content myself. So I'll wait and see what else they announce but I definitely don't like the sound of all of this. I will say I'm pumped for Chyna and the fiend though

Outside of Chyna?

Who could they add that is legends and alumni that will sell well?

There's plenty from the 80s and 90s that would be cool to have. Even some of the smaller names that left an impact in a short time frame like Gangrel or Raven. Tons of guys that have even been in before but they let expire like Shamrock and Xpac or Dlo. Old WCW guys would be great too. Even gimmicks of wrestlers that are always in but have other looks in different eras that aren't in often like the APA or purple and black undertaker. They even took ministry taker out last year. Like..why? I love that gimmick. I'm not going to shit on others if they like Frankenstroman but Jesus if you think most people would take those silly themed monster gimmicks over legitimate stuff like wrestlers and attires I'd be willing to bet you're wrong.

By the way what does what we think will sell well have do with it? People will pay for that overpriced shit no matter what because they can't help themselves but that said, legitimate legends and alumni and newer stars will still always be received better. Monster gimmicks and holiday attires can be fun but it cheapens the game to be honest and it sure hurts the value of a 30 dollar dlc pass when most people have already been questioning the seemingly decreasing value over the last few years.

I agree with the attire and alts, because I would to see a ruthless aggression attire pack.

But I dont think a bunch a midcarders from the attitude Era that has not been relevant in the last 20 years will sell better than that Halloween Pack. Sorry bruh

Can't say I agree. Besides if it wasn't for The Fiend, that pack would look like shit. They put in an attitude era pack or a new generation pack I bet it would be received better. Nothing wrong with mid carders from that era. They had their place and made an impact for an entertaining time. Seeing monster versions of people seems a bit kiddish but something that should be considered after the fact or as free dlc. Not 15 bucks worth.

There's always people to add or return when it comes to legends and alumni though. Contract issues do complicate things but to say they couldn't and just choose to charge 30 bucks for fantasy stuff is a bit much. I don't mind it myself but I like realism and don't see myself using that content myself. So I'll wait and see what else they announce but I definitely don't like the sound of all of this. I will say I'm pumped for Chyna and the fiend though

Outside of Chyna?

Who could they add that is legends and alumni that will sell well?

There's plenty from the 80s and 90s that would be cool to have. Even some of the smaller names that left an impact in a short time frame like Gangrel or Raven. Tons of guys that have even been in before but they let expire like Shamrock and Xpac or Dlo. Old WCW guys would be great too. Even gimmicks of wrestlers that are always in but have other looks in different eras that aren't in often like the APA or purple and black undertaker. They even took ministry taker out last year. Like..why? I love that gimmick. I'm not going to shit on others if they like Frankenstroman but Jesus if you think most people would take those silly themed monster gimmicks over legitimate stuff like wrestlers and attires I'd be willing to bet you're wrong.

By the way what does what we think will sell well have do with it? People will pay for that overpriced shit no matter what because they can't help themselves but that said, legitimate legends and alumni and newer stars will still always be received better. Monster gimmicks and holiday attires can be fun but it cheapens the game to be honest and it sure hurts the value of a 30 dollar dlc pass when most people have already been questioning the seemingly decreasing value over the last few years.

I agree with the attire and alts, because I would to see a ruthless aggression attire pack.

But I dont think a bunch a midcarders from the attitude Era that has not been relevant in the last 20 years will sell better than that Halloween Pack. Sorry bruh

Can't say I agree. Besides if it wasn't for The Fiend, that pack would look like shit. They put in an attitude era pack or a new generation pack I bet it would be received better. Nothing wrong with mid carders from that era. They had their place and made an impact for an entertaining time. Seeing monster versions of people seems a bit kiddish but something that should be considered after the fact or as free dlc. Not 15 bucks worth.

The average consumer is sure as hell not gonna drop 15 bucks for a DLC pack with Sparky Plug and a bunch of jobbers from the new generation. You're assuming far too many people that buy these games are hardcore wrestling fans like us which is a common bias on any gaming forum. We represent a small minority of consumers. Like others have said there really isn't many Marquee names left that would sell a DLC pack to most people so they're going another route. It was only a matter of time.

Yeah, if they want to do a themed pack I feel like they could make every one happy if they included even one legendary wrestler. Throw in someone like Boogeyman and I think the amount of people complaining would go down. At the end of the day though it's cheaper for them to go this route so.

The A.I. definitely still needs tweaking but it's not completely horrible. I feel it's improved over the last 5 or so years

Yeah the AI got better but it still is incredible noticeable that its a program.

But i think its a wrestling game problem in general because i cant remember really any game that had a really strong AI.

We have gone a long way from the opponent getting out of the ring, inside back, going back outside and inside again. XD

If you don't like it at it's core nothing will probably make you like it. What don't you like about the controls? I'm curious. I will say I hated using triangle as the run button. That always felt awkward. Is it the reversal buttons for you also maybe?

Yup. And I never said I hated the game ??

I said I hate the controls and going back feels weird. Ive played those games years ago. I grew up on them. But I much prefer todays games to the ones that are regarded as the GOAT. However, 11 &14 are still in there for me

If you don't like it at it's core nothing will probably make you like it. What don't you like about the controls? I'm curious. I will say I hated using triangle as the run button. That always felt awkward. Is it the reversal buttons for you also maybe?

I said I hate the controls and going back feels weird. Ive played those games years ago. I grew up on them. But I much prefer todays games to the ones that are regarded as the GOAT. However, 11 &14 are still in there for me

I guess it'll always boil down to preference. Which of course is fine. Overall aside from the arcade aspect I prefer today's features and stuff we couldn't do back then. For instance, not being able to defend titles in exhibition mode or any shape or form outside of Season Mode. I also love the selling in the newer games for sure. I love that taunts don't give you a signature or special any more because that was cheap. Etc. I think I'm starting to believe a simulation game can really really be fun and not have to be super arcade like.

I guess it'll always boil down to preference. Which of course is fine. Overall aside from the arcade aspect I prefer today's features and stuff we couldn't do back then. For instance, not being able to defend titles in exhibition mode or any shape or form outside of Season Mode. I also love the selling in the newer games for sure. I love that taunts don't give you a signature or special any more because that was cheap. Etc. I think I'm starting to believe a simulation game can really really be fun and not have to be super arcade like.

IMO a perfect balance would be just throwing in the crazy backstage areas with the modern games.That alone is what I hear people talk about the most.

Archived