Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a question about the Originals that I haven't seen addressed yet. Has Demon Balor been removed from on-disc and moved to the 2K Originals? That would be a weird decision if so.

Maybe, hopefully, Demon Balor will be an alt for normal Finn, and this is a separate character. Or it's an actual Demon monster.

Who the *Censored* wants all this Origins garbage? What a f'n waste of recourses, work and space for real wrestler and arenas.

"A WCW pack with a hand full of WCW arenas, wrestler and maybe a showcase? Ah, who cares, here you have Frankenstrowman and Viperorton and some fantasy arenas"

If this Origins stuff comes from the new developers, then they came up with the worst stuff that immediately tops everything Yukes ever did and then I don't even want to know how the future with them as devs look like.

Let's say everything that would've been considered DLC last year (NXT, Legends, etc except maybe moves pack) is in the base game this year in favor of shit like the Originals (I believe DLC for games like 2K is just stuff that can fit into the cutoff for the base game but is instead sold separately, unlike whole ass storylines for games like Spider-Man). Then that means DLC is more optional than ever and you won't have to pay to get the likes of Aleister Black and Ricochet, maybe pre-order just to get Fiend and the SmackDown 20 characters but yeah. I'm probably wrong tho because ?? lol I have no idea

Because all the CAW parts and the different arenas and stuff could be FUN.

And its just a Halloween theme DLC.

They could do one for the attitude era which throws back a bunch of dream matches or storylines from that era which gives you some legends.

Or maybe an independent story where you play as an old wrestler trying to fight the young up and comers of NXT to win the title (think Randy the ram style stuff)

You have no idea. Its refreshing to see something NEW and different and just fun

All I care about is gameplay so none of this shit is worth any complaints for me. Happy about The Fiend, happy about new moves and CAW parts but honestly you can add all the wacky shit you want as long as the gameplay gets attention.

I think it's safe to say that'll all the packs will have fantasy themes, just different ones. What Xavier Woods said about the Originals when revealed:

"An all-new series of content that will give you a ton more content after the game comes out. Now, we'll spill the details soon enough, but let's just say it's going to take your favourite WWE superstars and your imaginations to new universes"

Look at the advertising for the first pack. They're counting all the reskins as new superstars. They've found a way of doubling the DLC roster with half the work, just turn the existing roster into monsters, vikings, and god knows else what.

We'll see if we should really be worried after the 2nd pack is announced

See...all of the packs are titled "Originals" though...so, that definitely sounds like more of the same. I don't really care if the next pack is Aliens or Sea Creatures. If it's all going to be this type of gimmicky stuff, that's a real letdown. Literally no one asked for this.

I'm holding out hope that they're going to do the right thing and give us actual wrestlers for free...but I really don't know at this point. Seems like a stretch.

Originals can still mean originally themed like dream matches or wwe vs nxt

"but let's just say it's going to take your favourite WWE superstars and your imaginations to new universes"
that doesnt say what Zondo is suggesting isnt gonna happen though.

sidenote: i feel like theres an argument about DLC every year as soon as its announced

Look I'm just trying to be positive. I don't like to hate on things without seeing it play out. I try to find positives in everything and so if all packs are fantasy themed, okay yeah that sucks but could still mean extra entrances and moves with stuff for caws.

The Fiend is not another wrestler but it is at least a new big character right now. He's not an original character

THE FIEND BRAY WYATT HEADLINES FIRST WWE 2K20 ORIGINALS PACK AND PRE-ORDER BONUS

The WWE 2K series has featured its share of great pre-order bonus characters over the years, Ronda Rousey and Rey Mysterio being the most recent. WWE 2K20 is changing the game completely, offering the biggest pre-order bonus ever.

WWE 2K20 Originals: Bump in the Night is the first entry in the WWE 2K20 Originals series of downloadable content packs, each with a different theme, that will introduce all new imaginative realms to WWE fans, with new content for all your favorite parts of WWE 2K. Bump in the Nights horror vibe is perfect for its fall release following the launch of WWE 2K20 on October 22. WWE 2K20 Originals: Bump in the Night, is available at no additional charge for those who pre-order WWE 2K20 at participating retailers. WWE 2K20 Originals: Bump in the Night will also be available for individual purchase at $14.99.

WWE 2K20 Originals: Bump in the Nights centerpiece is the debut playable version of The Fiend Bray Wyatt, who taunted the WWE Universe for months before his in-ring debut at SummerSlam this past Sunday. Wyatt fits in perfectly with the pack, loaded with a horror-themed Showcase, unique story towers, frightening versions of some of your favorite WWE Superstars, and much more.

WWE 2K20 ORIGINALS: BUMP IN THE NIGHT CONTENT*

The Fiend Bray Wyatt playable character

Add the most unsettling Superstar in WWE to your WWE 2K20 roster!

New 2K Showcase

An alternate Swampfather version of Bray Wyatt has amassed otherworldly power, becoming an embodiment of the swamp itself. He lures Finn Bálor to his compound to recruit Finns Demon into his group of powered Superstars, which he calls his Family. Finn is forced to fight in a series of matches against members of Wyatts Family until finally, the power within Finn Bálor is unleashed. Exclusive commentary brings the story to life.

Story 2K Towers

2K Towers with full stories and unique versions of WWE Superstars

The Fiend The Fiend Bray Wyatt stars in his own tower

All Fed Up Fed-Up Sheamus is forced to take on some of his former fellow Superstars, who have all become zombies

Nowhere to Run Twisted Nikki Cross looks to play with other Superstars in her own twisted game

One of the Family The Swampfather Bray Wyatt decides to bring on one of his past recruits. Can Daniel Bryan avoid becoming one of The Swampfathers thralls?

Nowhere to Hide Survivor Mandy Rose has had enough of Twisted Nikki Cross and her games. Shes going to do what she can to put an end to the madness

Horror-themed WWE Superstar Characters

The Fiend Bray Wyatt

Demon King Finn Bálor

The Swampfather Bray Wyatt

FrankenStrowman

Wicked Aleister Black

Unleashed Apex Predator Randy Orton

Fed-Up Sheamus

+2 mystery versions of WWE Superstars (aside from Survivor Mandy Rose and Twisted Nikki Cross)

Arenas

Wyatt Swamp Arena

Cemetery Brawl Arena

Horror-Themed Creation

Dozens of Create-a-Superstar parts

New Create-an-Arena parts

New weapons

New moves

Its almost unbelievable that all this amazing Bump in The Night content is included with your #WWE2K20 pre-order at no additional cost*. And if you opt for the WWE 2K20 Deluxe or Collectors Edition, youll also have access to the complete set of WWE 2K20 Originals downloadable content packs releasing down the road, each with a different theme and comparable amount of content. WWE 2K20 Originals: Bump in the Night will also be available for individual purchase at $14.99.

Pre-order WWE 2K20 now and let The Fiend Bray Wyatt in, along with the rest of WWE 2K20 Originals: Bump in the Nights frightening offerings.

WHAT ARE WWE 2K20 ORIGINALS?

WWE 2K20 Originals are a series of four downloadable content packs each based around a different theme and all-new fictional realm. These are the core downloadable content offerings for WWE 2K20 and each will include a unique 2K Showcase, 2K Towers, playable characters, creation suite parts, new weapons and arenas, and so much more, set to its unique theme. The first WWE 2K20 Originals pack is called Bump in the Night* and is based around a horror theme (details above). More information on the other three WWE 2K20 Originals will be available in the coming months. All WWE 2K20 Originals will be released by spring 2020.

WHAT DO WWE 2K20 ORIGINALS COST?

WWE 2K20 Originals are priced at $14.99 each. The first WWE 2K20 Originals pack, Bump in the Night, is available at no additional charge for those who pre-order WWE 2K20 at participating retailers. Players interested in the other three WWE 2K20 Originals outside of Bump in the Night will be able to purchase the WWE 2K20 Backstage Pass for $29.99 (a $44.97 value). The contents of the Backstage Pass are included in the WWE 2K20 Deluxe and Collectors Editions and will be available for download once available.

All four WWE 2K20 Originals are included in the WWE 2K20 Deluxe and Collectors Editions at a significant savings!

WWE 2K20 ORIGINALS OPTIONS

All four WWE 2K20 Originals included

WWE 2K20 Deluxe Edition $89.99 (a $129.93 value)

WWE 2K20 SmackDown! 20th Anniversary Edition $129.99 (a $249.93 value)

Check out the contents of all editions of WWE 2K20 here

A la Carte Options

WWE 2K20 Standard Edition Pre-Order $59.99 (a $74.98 value)

Pre-Order includes WWE 2K20 Originals: Bump in the Night*

WWE 2K20 Backstage Pass $29.99 ($44.97 value): Save on WWE 2K20 Originals with this bundle featuring packs 2-4. (Deluxe and Collectors Edition consumers may download all WWE 2K20 Originals at no extra charge.)

WWE 2K20 Originals: Pack 2

WWE 2K20 Originals: Pack 3

WWE 2K20 Originals: Pack 4

WWE 2K20 Originals are purchasable on PlayStation, Xbox, and Steam digital storefronts:

WWE 2K20 Originals: Bump in the Night $14.99

WWE 2K20 Originals: Pack 2 $14.99

WWE 2K20 Originals: Pack 3 $14.99

WWE 2K20 Originals: Pack 4 $14.99

*WWE 2K20 Originals: Bump in the Night, is included in the WWE 2K20 Deluxe and Collectors Editions and available at no additional charge for those who pre-order WWE 2K20 at participating retailers. WWE 2K20 Originals: Bump in the Night will also be available for individual purchase at $14.99.

From 2kofficial site meaning that we are also getting a nikki cross!!

Nero

Im cool with the random stuff. I use all characters in my Universe and for the most part let the system book it so having a random mister character be thrown in as a jobber or an unstoppable character breaks up the norm for me and keeps me interested. They are also changing up the way they do DLC by giving new stories to play. They are basically giving RTWM stories or old Season mode stories as DLC and calling it originals. Its more about the mode and stories and not so much about just having a pack of new superstars.

Archived