Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Career Mode should have the free roam that SvR 11 RTWM had

I dont really agree. It was fun to have it in that year. I was so excited along with everyone else, but it was an annoyance having to run around to do everything. Although I never played much of 19s career, they got it right the way they implemented it IMO.

Free roam will be good if there is a lot to do. 2011 was kind of lacking that aspect. Not much you could do since it is kind of bare bones. Then 2K17 or I think 2K18 MyCareer is kind of boring. Free roam will be good for 24/7 championship. Only if you could go to Subways or any place other than the arena just like in SYM and HCTP backstages. Being able to hide in boxes, run away from fights and etc.

I wouldn't mind free roam if it was like other games where they offered a vehicle or something to get you around real fast too. Like those golf carts they actually use in the arenas lmao

Also, can The Revival finally get matching gear? I appreciate them trying to sneak in two attires for us, but what if I don't feel like updating them or need logo space? Then I'm just left with two clowns not matching smh.

This is all down to preference. But this is how I feel. It always amazes me when a lot of people call HCTP overrated. But I'm sure when you guys were playing it in real time you felt it was the best thing ever. How could you not? The impact, the speed, the hard hitting strikes and punches. Back then the movesets were more personalized. Punches were personalized and etc. But the arcade style imo was the best for me. Simulation was introduced a lot in SVR 06 and I loved that system. It was a perfect medium for arcade and sim. The people complaining that the goofy stuff in My Player etc ruined the game, can with all due respect, can eat some shorts. Shit was fun in 2K19, I don't care. Simulation overall gets boring fast imo. The game dies for me after some months. The slow pace sometimes is boring. Like we should have goofy shit that is totally up to us to use. Don't want to jump off goofy shit? Don't do it. But to see people constantly shit on the arcade games like they weren't fun and have staying power is nuts. There's a reason people still play it and more to this day. I guarantee you people go back to HCTP and the arcade games than they do most the simulation games. Would love an active poll of sorts. I enjoyed 2K19 overall, many improvements were made imo. But overall either give us an arcade based game and the regular 2K series or find a happy medium. Idk how but maybe Yukes was holding back the process of giving us a fun simulation game.

I like both styles of gameplay, but I think sim is the most important when it comes to longevity. They had it almost perfect in the one game that had the realistic physics. Can't remember which it was...but, you could really stack the weapons...and the hit detection was perfect. Sometimes there would be hilarious glitches...but that was part of the fun. That's the main thing that these games need, tbh...good weapon physics that allow for unpredictable outcomes, not just specialty weapon spot locations around the ring. That, and realistic breaking and chaining of moves. Again...some of the older games did this better than the modern ones.

Sounds like SVR 11. Perfect weapons physics. Lol

I'm fine with the goofy stuff in 2k19 and 2k20(2k originals)because they're optional. I personally prefer the sim style but yeah the arcade days were fun and here you get both worlds.

The franchise has been sim style gameplay for a while and likely will remain that way in the near future but if you want some goofiness, go wild in big head mode or take advantage of 2k originals or get creative in creation suite!

It works and it's the closest or is getting close to a balance of both styles. The gameplay can be tweaked towards arcade if you mess with everyone's stats gameplay sliders!

I'm totally for the simulation style. I don't really care for having fun and throwing moves all over the place. For me, the fun is to have fun playing a match but also enjoying watching it as it can feel like a real one and give me all the sensations I have when watching a good one. Though, I'm not against putting in more options to play with but I really want the game to have a feel like it's a real match and not a fighting game

And I'm firmly against Free Roam after WWE 2K18. All the loading times were atrocious for me and really made me hate this career. I have nothing some kind of locker room like SvR 07 but otherwise, I don't think there is anything a menu can't offer

This is all down to preference. But this is how I feel. It always amazes me when a lot of people call HCTP overrated. But I'm sure when you guys were playing it in real time you felt it was the best thing ever. How could you not? The impact, the speed, the hard hitting strikes and punches. Back then the movesets were more personalized. Punches were personalized and etc. But the arcade style imo was the best for me. Simulation was introduced a lot in SVR 06 and I loved that system. It was a perfect medium for arcade and sim. The people complaining that the goofy stuff in My Player etc ruined the game, can with all due respect, can eat some shorts. Shit was fun in 2K19, I don't care. Simulation overall gets boring fast imo. The game dies for me after some months. The slow pace sometimes is boring. Like we should have goofy shit that is totally up to us to use. Don't want to jump off goofy shit? Don't do it. But to see people constantly shit on the arcade games like they weren't fun and have staying power is nuts. There's a reason people still play it and more to this day. I guarantee you people go back to HCTP and the arcade games than they do most the simulation games. Would love an active poll of sorts. I enjoyed 2K19 overall, many improvements were made imo. But overall either give us an arcade based game and the regular 2K series or find a happy medium. Idk how but maybe Yukes was holding back the process of giving us a fun simulation game.

I like both styles of gameplay, but I think sim is the most important when it comes to longevity. They had it almost perfect in the one game that had the realistic physics. Can't remember which it was...but, you could really stack the weapons...and the hit detection was perfect. Sometimes there would be hilarious glitches...but that was part of the fun. That's the main thing that these games need, tbh...good weapon physics that allow for unpredictable outcomes, not just specialty weapon spot locations around the ring. That, and realistic breaking and chaining of moves. Again...some of the older games did this better than the modern ones.

Sounds like SVR 11. Perfect weapons physics. Lol
Well my recent critique of the old games is because I actually went back and played them and they werent great as I remembered. So quite the opposite actually.

I still rather play 2k19 than HCTP/SYM/11/14 any day. I just wish certain features form the old games were put into the new ones, but I still prefer the modern stuff.

The older games are fun to look back on with nostalgia, but I dont see myself playing them for more than a few hours.

I go for television style REALISM all the way! My friends and I pace the match, start off doing more simple wrestling like arm bars, headlocks etc. chain grappling building up to the more intense sttrpong strikes and grapples. It's way more fun for us to play this way creating more old school 80's and 90's matches.

I do not want this series to move towards the arcade gameplay, I want it to move further into the simulation style. I'd love to see 2K add more chain grappling or the abilty to do it anytime, combo's into submissions, etc.

Smarter AI is desperately needed for the simulation style to continue. Nothing infuriates me more than, at the start of matches, the AI button reads your controller to unnaturally try to avoid locking up by walking back and forth.

Smarter AI is desperately needed for the simulation style to continue. Nothing infuriates me more than, at the start of matches, the AI button reads your controller to unnaturally try to avoid locking up by walking back and forth.

Absolutely. This is the biggest issue IMO that the game has. It desperately needs configurable tendencies like other sports games as well. A match against a brawler type vs a ring technician should feel different.

Absolutely. This is the biggest issue IMO that the game has. It desperately needs configurable tendencies like other sports games as well. A match against a brawler type vs a ring technician should feel different.

I can think of a lot of things to fix that issue but yeah pretty much. The AI needs to play less like a computer trying to win and more like a wrestler trying to... you know, wrestle.

Also, the difficulty NEEDS to be more consistent. I've got it set to legend and it can be rip-my-hair-out-because-the-game-is-cheating-like-a-mother-*censored*er hard, or so piss easy I wonder if I somehow accidentally reset the difficulty to easy mode, with no cohesive reason for the dissonance.

That can actually be influenced by changing the attributes of a wrestler, but yeah. I agree.

And just doing it SvR 08 or MyCareer style doesn't work either

That can actually be influenced by changing the attributes of a wrestler, but yeah. I agree.

And just doing it SvR 08 or MyCareer style doesn't work either

I don't think attributes being the sole-decider on AI is a good idea though. I really feel like we need editable AI packages separate from the attributes.

Archived