Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So with Yukes out, and everything being handled in-studio, does anyone else think we might get a larger roster? Everything seems to be falling into place with a more streamlined game.

I don't see how that would make a larger roster possible. It may very well be larger but I don't think Yukes being gone will have anything to do with it. The roster was probably locked down way before this happened and would be the same regardless.

After watching the trailer again, I noticed that Becky used a Avalanche Exploder Suplex on Charlotte. So, I guess that's the first new move revealed.

nope. thats the avalanche back body drop, added in 2K19.

You know, one situation where i'm cool with a new control scheme is if they fix the goddamned reversals not working sometimes in doing so.

Reversals need overhauled. They are inconsistent and I hate how they often lead to guys doing moves they would never do in real life.

The three big problems I have with it at the moment are

1. The game has this infuriating tendency to just "pretend" you didn't reverse some times. Its easy to see because occasionally it won't even bother to give you the late/early indicator when you hit the button, it just acts as if you didn't hit it at all.
  2. Reversals often put you in weird positions where you're either JUST out of range for an attack but close enough that you don't realize this, so you reverse, wiff a strike because of that, and the AI goes right back to attacking you. You basically wasted a reversal slot. Never mind the occasions where it will actually let your opponent move before you AFTER you reverse them.
  3. unfitting reversal animations or in cases of the turnbuckle, animations that clearly weren't even meant to be used there.

I could write an essay on the various things I want to see fixed and improved in the series, but reversals are a serious issue considering the entire difficulty model of the game is based on them.

You know, one situation where i'm cool with a new control scheme is if they fix the goddamned reversals not working sometimes in doing so.

Reversals need overhauled. They are inconsistent and I hate how they often lead to guys doing moves they would never do in real life.

• The game has this infuriating tendency to just "pretend" you didn't reverse some times. Its easy to see because occasionally it won't even bother to give you the late/early indicator when you hit the button, it just acts as if you didn't hit it at all.
  • Reversals often put you in weird positions where you're either JUST out of range for an attack but close enough that you don't realize this, so you reverse, wiff a strike because of that, and the AI goes right back to attacking you. You basically wasted a reversal slot. Never mind the occasions where it will actually let your opponent move before you AFTER you reverse them.
  • unfitting reversal animations or in cases of the turnbuckle, animations that clearly weren't even meant to be used there.
I could write an essay on the various things I want to see fixed and improved in the series, but reversals are a serious issue considering the entire difficulty model of the game is based on them.

Absolutely. They added the limit to reversals (which I think is actually good) but didn't bother to make them more consistent and reliable. I honestly wish more reversals put you in a neutral position like the old games and maybe just prevent the opponent from reversing for a short amount of time or something. Basically I want to be able to choose my move or reverse a finisher into a finisher for more dramatic moments. I've written about this once upon a Time on the 2k forums but I'm with you, it needs a lot of work.

Hmm, that's a good question as each pack already contains themed arenas/caw items/wrestlers and other stuff. Odd if there's more bonuses but the first pack is the only thing being promoted right now.

Some of the packs may contain new characters though. Maybe only some of the packs are over the top themed while some packs are dream matches/NXT/legends/etc

• The game has this infuriating tendency to just "pretend" you didn't reverse some times. Its easy to see because occasionally it won't even bother to give you the late/early indicator when you hit the button, it just acts as if you didn't hit it at all.
  • Reversals often put you in weird positions where you're either JUST out of range for an attack but close enough that you don't realize this, so you reverse, wiff a strike because of that, and the AI goes right back to attacking you. You basically wasted a reversal slot. Never mind the occasions where it will actually let your opponent move before you AFTER you reverse them.
  • unfitting reversal animations or in cases of the turnbuckle, animations that clearly weren't even meant to be used there.

Absolutely. They added the limit to reversals (which I think is actually good) but didn't bother to make them more consistent and reliable. I honestly wish more reversals put you in a neutral position like the old games and maybe just prevent the opponent from reversing for a short amount of time or something. Basically I want to be able to choose my move or reverse a finisher into a finisher for more dramatic moments. I've written about this once upon a Time on the 2k forums but I'm with you, it needs a lot of work.

While we're at it, can we allow finishers to be charged while other animations are in play? I've had multiple times where my opponent is in the middle of getting up or is hitting a move on a third opponent so I sit their, waiting to hit my finisher, but because finisher timing is weird, they'll actually be able to attack me before the icon appears. Allowing us to charge even in other animations would be great. Sure sometimes you're going to wiff it by doing that, but that is definitely something i'm okay with.

Same with Poison Mist. I love it, but its practically useless because it can't be charged when your opponent isn't standing up in a neutral position perfectly still, and because you need to put your hand to your throat before you spray, you'll never get it off unless they're groggy, which kind of defeats the purpose of a move famous for being a counter move.

So, wwe2k20 was supposed to be at the Gamescom with a hands off presentation for the media...but that is not happening now.

Doesnt surprise me sadly, the reaction outside of the hardcore fanbase to the trailer and specificly the in-game material, wasnt kind.

But still, its sad that there is no big hype all around for the wwe2k games...i remember when it really was a thing during HCTP and so.

Evidence? Sources?

I can give you the statement of the German Wrestling Games site if you want but i dont know if that helps you much.

https://www.wrestlinggames.de/19/08/07/wwe-2k20-praesentation-auf-der-gamescom-abgesagt

I see the legends face looking younger and good this year hopefully for retro version undertaker / triple H they fix it not like last multiple year scanning face and give him long hair and make 1998 undertaker or HBK/ triple H

2K19
gUXzU3S.jpg

2K20
pmxh2FE.jpg

I see the legends face looking younger and good this year hopefully for retro version undertaker / triple H they fix it not like last multiple year scanning face and give him long hair and make 1998 undertaker or HBK/ triple H

2K19

gUXzU3S.jpg

2K20

pmxh2FE.jpg

Could be the lightning, that often does wonders.

Comes down to how this looks really in the game later, the models for the most part look incredible good during the entrances...but when that light is gone and the normal one comes in...they look at least 10% less good.

By Visual Concepts.

It's a game changer, this year is different. All Superstars will be updated, no one is outdated also as soon as the game comes out there'll be patches to #WWE2K20 & every new Update will upgraded the superstars & women's model.

I wouldnt hold my candle on that, but we will see.

Maybe not having to constantly message back and forth to Yukes in japan, waiting for them to get to work due to the time differences etc makes it easier...but we will need to wait and see.

By Visual Concepts.

It's a game changer, this year is different. All Superstars will be updated, no one is outdated also as soon as the game comes out there'll be patches to #WWE2K20 & every new Update will upgraded the superstars & women's model.

Where is this from?

By Visual Concepts.

I hope you're not talking about the obviously hoax twitter account...

By Visual Concepts.

Source?

Btw, THIS https://twitter.com/VisuaI_Concepts Account you are following, is fake.

2K19

gUXzU3S.jpg

2K20

pmxh2FE.jpg

Interesting. It looks like he got a new scan. Those veins on his arm definitely aren't there in previous games and his chest looks different.

Archived