Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yukes gone is going to be in the best interests of the game imo. Interested to see what 2K have up their sleeves now. Hopefully the game will be less buggy.

I guess it also confirms Yukes are doing their own game too though (AEW maybe?) so some healthy competition would only be a good thing for everyone.

Yukes gone is going to be in the best interests of the game imo. Interested to see what 2K have up their sleeves now. Hopefully the game will be less buggy.

I guess it also confirms Yukes are doing their own game too though (AEW maybe?) so some healthy competition would only be a good thing for everyone.

Pretty sure Yukes is still owned by Take Two so it will be another WWE game.

2K20 starts a new era with Visual Concepts completely taking over and Yukes doing a whole new wwe game. I've got mixed feelings as Yukes developed the franchise for over 20 years through bad and good but there soon being 2 different wwe games is awesome.

Visual Concepts will be fine as they also co worked on these last couple of games and so they know what to do now

ok now im excited. no language or geographical barriers. two games being developed completely in-house(s). VC being masters of realism and Yukes being masters of old school wrestling fun. lets see who wins. looking forward to this.

Terrible news... god damn Im not one of those people that wanted THQ back or AKI :(

2k on next gen may end up just like 2k15. Barebones. I hope Im wrong.

I guess if they go back to 2 games Id be okay with that.

"Busy day at work but I'm sure I won't miss much news wise"

*Immediately sees the Yukes news after getting off work*

*Immediately starts playing "Leave the Memories Alone"*

Gonna be really interesting to see what takes place with a fully fledged VC game. I'm optimistic but change to this degree will always come with a bit of a concern

Chyna's pic. So we will be getting the 9th wonder of the world. Still hoping for a DX Alternate attire.

O6WRnYC.jpg

Just to avoid disappointment I wouldn't look into these photos as proof of anything. They had Curtis Axel in his B Team shirt last year and the in-game model was different.

I'm expecting 2K20 to have some teething problems as chances are they'll have to A: sort through Yukes' messy coding and B: get used to working with the code directly.

That said, the benefits to me far outway the cons, especially since i've been extremely vocally critical of Yukes for years now.

No more dealing with the language barrier or distance barrier, no more needing to go through a middle man every time a change is needed, no more having to rely on another company for their records of changes and such, direct fixes since VC can apply fixes directly now, and of course, *Censored* Yukes.

Not that I am actively trying to claim maliciousness on their part, but this really puts Yukes "we're making a wrestling game of our own!" announcement into new perspective. I think they're doing it because they just lost their cash cow, not because of any difference of opinion with 2K on how the mechanics work.

Not that I am actively trying to claim maliciousness on their part, but this really puts Yukes "we're making a wrestling game of our own!" announcement into new perspective. I think they're doing it because they just lost their cash cow, not because of any difference of opinion with 2K on how the mechanics work.

its possible that pissed 2k off and they fired them

its possible that pissed 2k off and they fired them

That, I doubt. I can't imagine contracts would allow that kind of thing.

Archived