Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep going back to the simplified controls thing and wondering how/what the implications are there. Thinking about the controls as they are now I don't see what they would change to make them easier which brings me to my theory. They're going back to a tie-up mechanic to initiate grapple moves.

This is completely a random theory but it seems possible. If you think about older games you would hit the grapple button to tie up and then have all your grapple moves, Irish whip, dragging options and admittedly it probably made more sense for newcomers. I think the visual indication that you're tied up and nothing is happening makes you naturally think "okay, I must need to push another button for stuff to happen".

Just a thought. Probably completely wrong I just can't think of any other possibility or control mapping that makes more sense than the current system other than going back to a tried and true system.

I wonder if it's a setting for those who are new to the games, and are playing for the first time. Madden NFL has done something similar in the past.

Anyway, I hope we get more environmental grapples added this year's game. Like being able to interact with the stage by throwing people into the the LED board instead of them just bouncing off. Plus, having more weapons to use in Extreme Rules matches.

I understand that 2K need approvals for certain superstars and certain modes to be put into the game, but it baffles me as to why GM Mode hasn't made a return to the series.

While there are people who didn't like the mode, don't understand the hype around the mode, etc... There is clearly a demand & fan base for the mode to make a come back.

I personally loved the mode.

Being able to handle expiring contracts and financials, reading weekly news & reports, seeing what ratings your TV/PPVs got, was all great fun!

Would love to see it return & updated, perhaps even an online feature where you can play against your friends and begin rating wars, etc. That to me is what replay value is all about.

Nobody liked the mode when it was around. It was incredibly flawed. People wanted it to be improved drastically. A console game just isn't the platform for that. Just compare the Football Manager games and their depth to the career mode in a FIFA or PES game. It just doesn't compare. Same goes for this. If they brought GM mode back, people would complain non-stop. 100% guaranteed.

In the past all you need to do to win against competitors is hire the two highest rated people and have them in a Steel Cage match every week and nothing else. That way you would always be winning with no effort. Infact...Putting effort never really paid of. Especially since all you really did is Exhibition mode. Cutscenes and the likes weren't a thing.

I know I bring it up every time GM mode is mentioned, but looking at the depth the TEW games or even EWR brings, I really don't know why people think a GM mode in a console game could get even close to that.

There is a reason why proper management sports games are completely different entities.

If Mr. America were in the game though they would've mentioned him along with Chyna, Rock, Hogan, etc

Not necessarily. The box art for the NXT edition of 2K17 gave away quite a few wrestlers that were in the game that weren't a part of the nxt dlc or the nxt in 2k17 announcement. Doesnt mean he'd be dlc. He could be on disc.

I've just been looking up the Deluxe Edition and Amazon says the "extra content pass" will NOT be available to purchase separately. So they are basically locking the "season pass" this year only to people who buy the Deluxe or Collectors Editions...

Isn't that just referring to the stuff that comes with the Deluxe/Collector's edition? Like Chyna & co?

Nope, that content is listed as "bonus digital content".

https://www.game.co.uk/en/wwe-2k20-deluxe-edition-with-game-exclusive-steelbook-2623429 see here

Or here https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07W4D8X4C/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=WWE+2K20&qid=1565101881&s=gateway&sr=8-4

Isn't that just referring to the stuff that comes with the Deluxe/Collector's edition? Like Chyna & co?

Nope, that content is listed as "bonus digital content".

https://www.game.co.uk/en/wwe-2k20-deluxe-edition-with-game-exclusive-steelbook-2623429 see here

Or here https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07W4D8X4C/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=WWE+2K20&qid=1565101881&s=gateway&sr=8-4

Yeah. But last year it said something similar and that turned out false aswell, I believe

So... Im confused what the originals thing is

Seems to be a bunch of nonsense, tbh. Which is fine...as long as there is serious DLC as well. Just looks like more arcade-style goofy stuff like zombies and swamp creatures, specialty arenas like swamps and graveyards. Shit that is "original" content thought up by the developer and has nothing to do with actual WWE "wrestling" content.

Archived