Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

Whether its 2K, Yukes, or any other developer it wouldnt matter what they do to the game, it could be nigh on perfect and people would still whinge and complain.

They announce mixed matches and the response is it shouldnt have been taken out... ok well its back in there now isnt it!

People say they want a female my career, they announce it and already people are writing it off.

Honestly, this is probably why 2k are getting later announcing the games, they probably cant be bothered to read as much moaning.

I do think people should be allowed to be critical, after all they are just fans but some people are ridiculous with it.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure will be interesting when full details come out

It will indeed. For now people will keep jumping to conclusions until anything is announced. I'm just disappointed that nothing at all has interested me today from the announcements other than the mixed tag bit. One line of text for something that should have never been removed.

I do wanna see more on the originals thing. Just for confirmation. It looks like it's something I'm not going to be into but it depends on if it's solely all of this hokey fantasy stuff that they've shown (like zombies, swamp wrestling etc...) or if they actually do some more "realistic" scenarios as well - then I'd be on board.

I would be willing to bet there is DLC wrestling packs, just not announced yet.

No, I don't. It's not even part of the biggest collectors edition. This originals garbage (who the *Censored* asked for that????) seems to really replace the normal DLC plan.

There needs to be a shitstorm about this, this can't be f'n real. D:

They have not fully shown the DLC yet. Don't speculate until all announcements are released.

They've shown the full content of the collectors editions and it's not part of that.

Sure they could release separate DLCs but this would be a whole new level of boldness, even for them.

Whether its 2K, Yukes, or any other developer it wouldnt matter what they do to the game, it could be nigh on perfect and people would still whinge and complain.

They announce mixed matches and the response is it shouldnt have been taken out... ok well its back in there now isnt it!

People say they want a female my career, they announce it and already people are writing it off.

Honestly, this is probably why 2k are getting later announcing the games, they probably cant be bothered to read as much moaning.

I do think people should be allowed to be critical, after all they are just fans but some people are ridiculous with it.

Small thing, different people like different things. And the WWE games fanbase is rather diverse.

I don't think that most of the people moaning about a female career were advocating for it in the 1st place. The amount of times I've stated that I want intergender matches is ridiculous, every time I mention it the idea is rebutted by people that either don't care or don't want it. If they announced it, I'd stop asking for it... But then people that don't like it would moan that it's being added over whatever it is that they want... Swings and roundabouts dude. This is the internet.

So, no more roster updates via dlc. That's good. It was always annoying waiting 3 months to play with a new character that could of been in the game to begin with

Oh you can bet your ass there will be DLC Wrestler Packs, they will hold someone back...i put my money on the Fiend as DLC character.

The "Fiend" Bray Wyatt being DLC is forgivable. He hasn't debuted this character in a full match yet. If you will say he is just Bray, this is still a different persona for him. It will be too late for them to put that persona in the game since they don't know his entrance, theme and maybe new moves.

If indeed Fiend Bray is DLC, I hope we still get the old Bray in the base game.

I dont think its forgivable, i think its inevitable.

He will "debut" at the Summerslam, that would still be enough time to get him into that scanner they use and make him.

Its never too late to make the game as up to date as possible.

But its not something i hold against them nor do i expect them to go out of their way.

He works well as DLC.

Theres a definite issue (not so much here, but definitely as a whole) of people confusing criticism with baseless bitching.

It is an issue.

I havent seen one person last or this year so far do baseless bitching...its all constructive and understandable criticism.

Like the mixed match thing...are we really supposed to praise that? The fact that they now added a feature that they never should have removed in the first place?

Im sorry but that is fanboys not seeing the bigger picture.

I said it last year and i will say it again...i will not keep my mouth shut like so many and accept this lazy full price update as some awesome piece of software.

I was around since the beginning, since we searched every corner of smackdown 1 to find hidden rooms, since we played the smackdown 2 story mode for 30 years or what because we read that after that time andre the giant ambushes us and we unlock him.

I was there when we had 3-4 pages of caw formulas people wrote down, i was there when the bump/edits scene started, i was there when we had hundreds of caw tutorials and paint tool videos, i was there when the community gone wild on the create a story feature, i was there when GM mode came, when the caw leagues and caw community was on the rise...

And i was there when the games one by one slowly killed it off.

I was there when the games restricted the bumps and edits scene to the point where they gave up, i was there and still am here while the caw leagues slowly die down, im still here watching as the community loses more and more fun to interact with each other, as less and less tutorials etc come, as the universe mode players find less fun because every little thing they wanna do is so tedious due to the games menus etc.

If to some this is just bitching then so be it...but it is not.

I was here since the beginning of this all, and i had to watch how it all slowly faded to the point where people pretty much are fine with a story mode as long as it has voice over and some kind of story.

Where people often excuse buying the games with "At least we have a wrestling game".

Thats not something i accept, i expect the best because i was there when it was at its best.

GM Mode would tie in nicely if rumors are true about wwe going hard with the brand split again and getting rid of the wild card rule when smackdown goes to fox in October. Supposedly both shows will be their own different thing and Heyman does his stuff on raw while bischoff does his stuff on smackdown

I was there lol big *censored*ing deal. I was there too when the very first Smackdown came out. Its not like these games ever set the gaming world on fire before.

Take the rose colored glasses off in the past it was not even that good a lot of those things you mentioned like formulas and paint tool for example all got upgraded to much more superior options, hell gameplay wise the game last year was probably the best it has ever been.

So, no more roster updates via dlc. That's good. It was always annoying waiting 3 months to play with a new character that could of been in the game to begin with

Oh you can bet your ass there will be DLC Wrestler Packs, they will hold someone back...i put my money on the Fiend as DLC character.

The "Fiend" Bray Wyatt being DLC is forgivable. He hasn't debuted this character in a full match yet. If you will say he is just Bray, this is still a different persona for him. It will be too late for them to put that persona in the game since they don't know his entrance, theme and maybe new moves.

He will "debut" at the Summerslam, that would still be enough time to get him into that scanner they use and make him.

But its not something i hold against them nor do i expect them to go out of their way.

He works well as DLC.

Theres a definite issue (not so much here, but definitely as a whole) of people confusing criticism with baseless bitching.

It is an issue.

I havent seen one person last or this year so far do baseless bitching...its all constructive and understandable criticism.

Like the mixed match thing...are we really supposed to praise that? The fact that they now added a feature that they never should have removed in the first place?

I said it last year and i will say it again...i will not keep my mouth shut like so many and accept this lazy full price update as some awesome piece of software.

I was around since the beginning, since we searched every corner of smackdown 1 to find hidden rooms, since we played the smackdown 2 story mode for 30 years or what because we read that after that time andre the giant ambushes us and we unlock him.

I was there when we had 3-4 pages of caw formulas people wrote down, i was there when the bump/edits scene started, i was there when we had hundreds of caw tutorials and paint tool videos, i was there when the community gone wild on the create a story feature, i was there when GM mode came, when the caw leagues and caw community was on the rise...

I was there when the games restricted the bumps and edits scene to the point where they gave up, i was there and still am here while the caw leagues slowly die down, im still here watching as the community loses more and more fun to interact with each other, as less and less tutorials etc come, as the universe mode players find less fun because every little thing they wanna do is so tedious due to the games menus etc.

I was here since the beginning of this all, and i had to watch how it all slowly faded to the point where people pretty much are fine with a story mode as long as it has voice over and some kind of story.

Where people often excuse buying the games with "At least we have a wrestling game".

Thats not something i accept, i expect the best because i was there when it was at its best.

But there is some baseless bitching about WWE2K lol

I was there lol big *censored*ing deal. I was there too when the very first Smackdown came out. Its not like these games ever set the gaming world on fire before.

Take the rose colored glasses off in the past it was not even that good a lot of those things you mentioned like formulas and paint tool for example all got upgraded to much more superior options, hell gameplay wise the game last year was probably the best it has ever been.

Wow, thats one way to miss the point by a huge mile. :facepalm:

He works well as DLC.

It is an issue.

And some examples would be?

Wow, thats one way to miss the point by a huge mile. :facepalm:

He works well as DLC.

It is an issue.

And some examples would be?

Examples of baseless bitching about 2k19 or 2k20?

I really hope they don't nerf the Pin and Submission Systems either. I like that both system allow some crazy late match kickouts/submission escapes.

The old button mashing mini-games sucked and weren't actual mini-games. The game predetermined if you could kick-out or escape which was garbage.

The modern submission system isnt great either. Its ridiculously easy to lose to a normal grapple submission move with enough damage. Cant tell you how many times thats ruined matches for me.

I use button mash btw. Not the stupid analog submissions. Never got used to that. Im fine with the button mashing, its just too easy to lose to a non finisher/signature move when late in a match.

I hope they put it in just so people would shut up about it. I never played it. Just tired of the complaining.

I think they could have The Fiend in DLC, i mean WWE could have gave 2K his theme and The Fiend has been revealed for a while now, so whos to say they didn't get his attire and mask scanned weeks ago?

What about his entrance?

Archived