Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

I really hope they don't nerf the Pin and Submission Systems either. I like that both system allow some crazy late match kickouts/submission escapes.

The old button mashing mini-games sucked and weren't actual mini-games. The game predetermined if you could kick-out or escape which was garbage.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ill wait for more. none of this really hit for me. im more concerned with the things they dont seem to present as being that important. the little insignificant things like...how the game plays.

So, no more roster updates via dlc. That's good. It was always annoying waiting 3 months to play with a new character that could of been in the game to begin with

Oh you can bet your ass there will be DLC Wrestler Packs, they will hold someone back...i put my money on the Fiend as DLC character.

What a dissapointment so far.

My career with women isnt solving that the mode is a mess, mixed tag team never should have been removed, womens showcase is cool but if the mode is as shallow as the previous ones then its not better.

The game looks bad, i just checked the 2k19 trailers and the gameplay scenes there looked better.

The hair of the females are horrible, the empty eyes of the wrestlers make them look so lifeless...the animations feel so unnatural.

The one thing i like is that original stuff...the idea.

I always said you could make a lot with this over the top stuff, beat em ups, fun brawlers...i dont need it in wwe2k because there i want realism...but the idea is cool.

Having a ring in the swamp, frankenstein strowman etc is a cool idea...its why i played wwe immortals so long.

But overall its dissapointing and more than ever you can see how far behind the wwe is behind in terms of visuals...its just ugly.

Umm pretty sure the majority of people loved My Player last year...what was a mess about it? Lol Did you even play it in 2K19? It was actually 90% story and voice driven.

No they didnt, they didnt like it because it was sloppy done.

Because the menus were tedious, because it felt so slow, because the lack of actual choices, because to progress you NEEDED to win and so on.

Bad storys and voice acting doesnt make it good.

If you are happy with it then so be it, but most people werent.

Cant please everyone.

So, no more roster updates via dlc. That's good. It was always annoying waiting 3 months to play with a new character that could of been in the game to begin with

I missed that. No roster DLC, where did it say that?

Not sure if that would be a good thing or not though. On paper it is, but if someone like KUSHIDA is missing I'd want him to be added as DLC. I still wish they did DLC better and actually kept things up to date. Or at least in the realm of up to date.

At this point this whole thing has been a bit naff. But then nothing unexpected has been announced and more importantly nothing interesting.

Just show me the roster so I can pre-order it or skip it. It's out 3 days before MediEvil and The Outer Worlds anyway so it won't be a big deal if I decide to skip it.

I for one liked career mode and 2k19 itself. Don't give a damn if others did too or not.

The game should be for us or what we think and not others. I still haven't event read a single 2k19 review

^ That contradiction though xD ^

I liked it, don't care if nobody else did... Followed by this game should be for us and not others... Us... Us... I.... Just wow... Pretty accurate to the wrestling fanbase though tbf.

I'm guessing there was a dose of sarcasm in there somewhere. Hard to tell online

Oh you can bet your ass there will be DLC Wrestler Packs, they will hold someone back...i put my money on the Fiend as DLC character.

The "Fiend" Bray Wyatt being DLC is forgivable. He hasn't debuted this character in a full match yet. If you will say he is just Bray, this is still a different persona for him. It will be too late for them to put that persona in the game since they don't know his entrance, theme and maybe new moves.

If indeed Fiend Bray is DLC, I hope we still get the old Bray in the base game.

I would be willing to bet there is DLC wrestling packs, just not announced yet.

No, I don't. It's not even part of the biggest collectors edition. This originals garbage (who the *Censored* asked for that????) seems to really replace the normal DLC plan.

There needs to be a shitstorm about this, this can't be f'n real. D:

I would be willing to bet there is DLC wrestling packs, just not announced yet.

No, I don't. It's not even part of the biggest collectors edition. This originals garbage (who the *Censored* asked for that????) seems to really replace the normal DLC plan.

There needs to be a shitstorm about this, this can't be f'n real. D:

They have not fully shown the DLC yet. Don't speculate until all announcements are released.

I meant us individually. What we each think. The game means something to everyone in different ways

I think I get where you're coming from... Maybe

My point here would be that there is no real "us" dynamic. Wrestling fans can't agree at the best of times, and wrestling game fans are worse. To elaborate and go a little more off topic, these websites are a wind tunnel of people who will agree with you because you can always go to a section of like minded people... For example, there's a women's section on here. Go on there for a bit and it will feel like the whole world loves women's wrestling. That certainly isn't the case.

Back onto topic though. A few people mentioned the "streamlined controls" bit and whilst I'm not worried about them I can't see how they could make them "easier"... Not without removing features.

Archived