Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

Lmao the game does not look ugly :lol:

Am I really hyped or beyond excited for information put out? I mean not really. But weve seen little clips of things and I can nitpick here and there but theres no point. Once actual gameplay footage of how most of the game will look and feel is when Ill give my proper opinion. No point in getting all bent out of shape now. Some of these comments I read here and on YouTube are so over the top.

One thing is for sure though and its that I may not get the collectors edition. None of the incentives seem worth it to me. Will probably just get the deluxe.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taken from 2k20 & Forbes:

About the WWE 2K20 Deluxe Edition

Players who purchase the WWE 2K20 Deluxe Edition, available in both physical and digital varieties at participating retailers, will receive in-game bonuses for the PS4™ system, Xbox One and Windows PC. Offering more than 35% in savings, the WWE 2K20 Deluxe Edition includes the following items:

Copy of WWE 2K20 video game with Deluxe Edition packaging;

Accelerator - Take control of your WWE 2K20 experience with the Accelerator. Players can gain access to all unlockable content available at launch via the game’s Purchasable section and take full control of the overall rankings and attribute levels of all playable characters;

Kickstart - Get a leg up in your MyCAREER by unlocking and boosting your MyPLAYER ratings and attributes with 25 additional Attribute Points and 8 Additional Skill Points. Plus, get a 25,000 VC starting bonus to unlock more Superstar parts, Moves and more! In addition to this, start with all Boost Slots unlocked plus 15 free Boosts, 2,000 free Tokens and 400 free Deluxe Tokens;

Complete set of WWE 2K20 Originals content packages (more details to be announced);

Additional bonus digital content, including playable Superstars Chyna, in her first WWE 2K appearance, Hulk Hogan, “$500 Shirt” The Rock, and Rock ‘n’ Sock Connection Mankind(more details to be announced);

WWE SuperCard Limited Edition Cards (included with physical versions only).

About the WWE 2K20 Collector’s Edition

Players who purchase the WWE 2K20 Collector’s Edition at participating retailers will also receive in-game bonuses for the PS4™ system and Xbox One. Offering more than 40% in savings, the WWE 2K20 Collector’s Edition is available in physical format only, features a 20th Anniversary of SmackDown theme and includes the following items:

Copy of WWE 2K20 video game with Collector’s Edition packaging;

Accelerator - Take control of your WWE 2K20 experience with the Accelerator. Players can gain access to all unlockable content available at launch via the game’s Purchasable section and take full control of the overall rankings and attribute levels of all playable characters;

Kickstart - Get a leg up in your MyCAREER by unlocking and boosting your MyPLAYER ratings and attributes with 25 additional Attribute Points and 8 Additional Skill Points. Plus, get a 25,000 VC starting bonus to unlock more Superstar parts, Moves and more! In addition to this, start with all Boost Slots unlocked plus 15 free Boosts, 2,000 free Tokens and 400 free Deluxe Tokens;

Complete set of WWE 2K20 Originals content packages (more details to be announced);

Additional bonus digital content, including playable Superstars Chyna, in her first WWE 2K appearance, Hulk Hogan, “$500 Shirt” The Rock, and Rock ‘n’ Sock Connection Mankind (more details to be announced);

Physical collectibles including:

Exclusive WWE SmackDown! Ring Skirt Relic Piece (2002-2008)

Limited Edition WWE SmackDown! Legend Autographed Plaque (Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio or Edge)

WWE SuperCard Limited Edition Cards.

Also according to Forbes we are still getting the early access for the deluxe and Collectors edt.

What a dissapointment so far.

My career with women isnt solving that the mode is a mess, mixed tag team never should have been removed, womens showcase is cool but if the mode is as shallow as the previous ones then its not better.

The game looks bad, i just checked the 2k19 trailers and the gameplay scenes there looked better.

The hair of the females are horrible, the empty eyes of the wrestlers make them look so lifeless...the animations feel so unnatural.

The one thing i like is that original stuff...the idea.

I always said you could make a lot with this over the top stuff, beat em ups, fun brawlers...i dont need it in wwe2k because there i want realism...but the idea is cool.

Having a ring in the swamp, frankenstein strowman etc is a cool idea...its why i played wwe immortals so long.

But overall its dissapointing and more than ever you can see how far behind the wwe is behind in terms of visuals...its just ugly.

Umm pretty sure the majority of people loved My Player last year...what was a mess about it? Lol Did you even play it in 2K19? It was actually 90% story and voice driven.

So far nothing all that interesting. Mixed tag is easily the highlight for me and a step in the right direction.

2K20 Originals could also be interesting I guess.

CE looks pretty meh, Deluxe also looks meh but that depends on what the Originals DLC actually ends up being. Happy for those that have asked for Chyna though these past few years, I'm sure some people will be happy with that.

I've got a feeling a purchase from me will be dependant on the roster again... Especially as I'm expecting to lose Jericho, Ambrose and a few others that I use fairly often.

Modes are nice, but I need to know more about the gameplay itself. New features, fixes, etc.

Fix a lot of the animation bugs (especially the facing away turnbuckle dive animation bug on finishers), improve the creation suite some more, and get a decent amount of indie/non WWE moves in and I'll happily put my payment down.

What a dissapointment so far.

My career with women isnt solving that the mode is a mess, mixed tag team never should have been removed, womens showcase is cool but if the mode is as shallow as the previous ones then its not better.

The game looks bad, i just checked the 2k19 trailers and the gameplay scenes there looked better.

The hair of the females are horrible, the empty eyes of the wrestlers make them look so lifeless...the animations feel so unnatural.

The one thing i like is that original stuff...the idea.

I always said you could make a lot with this over the top stuff, beat em ups, fun brawlers...i dont need it in wwe2k because there i want realism...but the idea is cool.

Having a ring in the swamp, frankenstein strowman etc is a cool idea...its why i played wwe immortals so long.

But overall its dissapointing and more than ever you can see how far behind the wwe is behind in terms of visuals...its just ugly.

Umm pretty sure the majority of people loved My Player last year...what was a mess about it? Lol Did you even play it in 2K19? It was actually 90% story and voice driven.

No they didnt, they didnt like it because it was sloppy done.

Because the menus were tedious, because it felt so slow, because the lack of actual choices, because to progress you NEEDED to win and so on.

Bad storys and voice acting doesnt make it good.

If you are happy with it then so be it, but most people werent.

im gonna try to hold off on ranting.

Even tho my initial reaction is that i dislike nearly everything about this announcement lol

i think i was almost able to tolerate it until i saw the Originals stuff.

the most concerning bit of text for me was "streamlined controls". Man i hope that means improved and not dumbed down and functions removed.

im still sad that we lost the ability to call our tag partners into the ring for a tag move and to break up pins.

i miss being able to build the hot tag meter by slapping the turnbuckle and things we could do with the ladder that we can't anymore

Even tho my initial reaction is that i dislike nearly everything about this announcement lol

the most concerning bit of text for me was "streamlined controls". Man i hope that means improved and not dumbed down and functions removed.

im still sad that we lost the ability to call our tag partners into the ring for a tag move and to break up pins.

i miss being able to build the hot tag meter by slapping the turnbuckle and things we could do with the ladder that we can't anymore

My thoughts exactly. Really worried any time I see anything about streamlining controls that it will mean less moves at our disposal but I certainly agree they could use some tweaking to be more intuitive. Let's hope for improvements without any removals.

My thoughts exactly. Really worried any time I see anything about streamlining controls that it will mean less moves at our disposal but I certainly agree they could use some tweaking to be more intuitive. Let's hope for improvements without any removals.

I mean, it could totally just mean improved. I dont make games. They have ppl that can figure this kinda stuff out and make more sense of the controls.

Its been a concern for years for me that they might nuke the controls. Because even a veteran like me who has been playing these games for a decade...still gets confused and forgets some of the things we can do. I just hope they dont go scorched earth and we lose things.

I feel like it happened before with THQ when they tried to improve the controls

Streamlined Controls has me really REALLY worried. I thought the controls were PERFECT in 2K19, I really hope they didn't ruin them or dumb anything down. It would be nice to get info on that ASAP.

Yeah, the controls are the least of the games problems.

Everything fits and isnt unneccessary complicated...not sure how they streamline them without breaking something there.

Streamlined Controls has me really REALLY worried. I thought the controls were PERFECT in 2K19, I really hope they didn't ruin them or dumb anything down. It would be nice to get info on that ASAP.

Everything fits and isnt unneccessary complicated...not sure how they streamline them without breaking something there.

I don't know if I agree that the controls are the least of the problems. I know several people who played 2K19 as their first wrestling game in a while and were immediately confused about the controls even after viewing tutorials, etc. I think there is definitely room for improvement there but I'm still not entirely sure that they can be improved without removing things. Maybe this is as good as it gets with how many things you can do. The NBA 2K series is always struggling with this. They seem to change the controls almost every single year.

Also according to Forbes we are still getting the early access for the deluxe and Collectors edt.

Forbes is the only source saying there's early access, and they said three days instead of four like the previous years, so Idk man

I feel my career won't be one or the other. It probably will have you create a brother and sister or a couple then play with them at different times through the story. And will showcase the returning mixed tag match.

I am most excited about the women's evolution for the possibility of some new entrances. Sasha takeover champion entrance, Team Bella, Team B.A.D. and Submission Sorority/PCB

i def feel the controls need some tweaking.

Im of the mind that we need like double the amount of strong strikes. So if that ever happens, they need to figure that out.

I dont like the running in the game. Most of the time when i try to run at a corner opponent. I run all drunk instead of right at the person.

I dont think that our reversal button should be an analog trigger. A button that by nature has different levels of input sensitivity. It should be a hard click digital button.

The shoulder buttons should just swap in general i think. Make R1/RB do the function of R2/RT etc.

Im not a fan of the run button being the button that climbs the turnbuckle. Half the time it looks pretty goofy as the run animation starts when im on the apron just try to climb to the top rope for a dive.

I still dont have the whole Carry/Drag function in my muscle memory.

Remember at one point in these games you had to hold down 3 buttons just to drag someone on the ground. And now thankfully its back to 1 button.

There is always room for improvement

I don't know if I agree that the controls are the least of the problems. I know several people who played 2K19 as their first wrestling game in a while and were immediately confused about the controls even after viewing tutorials, etc. I think there is definitely room for improvement there but I'm still not entirely sure that they can be improved without removing things. Maybe this is as good as it gets with how many things you can do. The NBA 2K series is always struggling with this. They seem to change the controls almost every single year.

True, but i think in the sum of it...the controls are the least broken thing about the Games at this point.

Archived