Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should be expected by 2k. They always seemed to do this with the WWE games.

True, but they've never left us this long with absolutely nothing.

Yeah, but they did give us ridiculously long periods of silence between dropping information.

Id rather wait to get info and have it drop frequently then info drop then a month later more drops.

This should be expected by 2k. They always seemed to do this with the WWE games.

True, but they've never left us this long with absolutely nothing.
Yeah, but they did give us ridiculously long periods of silence between dropping information.

Id rather wait to get info and have it drop frequently then info drop then a month later more drops.

I actually don't mind it. At least it provides a little intrigue and excitement

The Marketing and promoting was always a very weak thing with the wwe games...which is a suprise considering gaming is a incredible great market to jump into.

Why the wwe never made a real effort there is beyond me.

They treated the games as nothing big, just your tiny little piece of merchandise.

I think the worst is the fact that the community is treated so badly when the main audience is that community.

You could do so much by engaging with the community, with the content creators.

I get why not, they do barely the needed work to get the yearly game out and have dozens of people literally fall in front of their feet to worship extremely outdated and glitchy games.

If the community is okay with anything, then there is no need to do more.

But its still sad to see the lack of promotion, marketing and hype from 2k in general for the series.

The Community manager could already get the machine rolling with teasers or so, behind the scenes stuff but we get absolutly nothing.

When its time we get the usual half baked try to hype the game but nothing else, nothing out of the ordinary.

2k19 was at least ANNOUNCED mid Jun last year. De hell they doing?

Maybe there is no 2K20 and theres nothing to announce........

And to think the years 2019-2020 are only based on the chronology of the Christian religion. It is the year 2562 in Thailand....its about 5779 in Israel....which is about how long Sacramento Kings fans can wait to bring home another championship at this point. Kidding. Its about 4717 in China. Earth is said to be about 4.543 billion years old and the Big Bang theory is still just a theory, at the end of the day. All in all, nobody knows anything about anything other than that the Cleveland Browns have an honest to god shot at the playoffs this year and that a sick 2K20 trailer has to drop around September.

It's pretty much guaranteed that the game has been in development is coming this year because of their contract. What difference does it make if it's been officially announced or not?

Next month is August and Summerslam, if nothing is announed/revealed by then..theb you can ask questions and worry

Yeah, its like we have definitely heard things about people going in for voiceover work, or to film content for the commercial, things like that....so I dunno what the rush is. Things will come when they come. Soon.

I got slightly bummed at work this morning thinking about Mauro probably not being on commentary to make hip hop references outta nowhere during matches. Lol. Besides that Im pumped.

Yeah, its like we have definitely heard things about people going in for voiceover work, or to film content for the commercial, things like that....so I dunno what the rush is. Things will come when they come. Soon.

I got slightly bummed at work this morning thinking about Mauro probably not being on commentary to make hip hop references outta nowhere during matches. Lol. Besides that Im pumped.

I can't say I am currently, not that I'm completely uninterested it's just more of a meh feeling till we get some real info and the cover star or pre order bonus doesn't really do it for me.

This has been the most leaky year for the series it feels like. We already know about Hogan, the Woman's showcase, Angle probably the CE focus. 2K18 I didn't see anything leak anywhere. 2K17 I know had the cover star leaked online by a reddit user. Angle of course leaked his pre-order bonus involvement in true Angle form.

This has been the most leaky year for the series it feels like. We already know about Hogan, the Woman's showcase, Angle probably the CE focus. 2K18 I didn't see anything leak anywhere. 2K17 I know had the cover star leaked online by a reddit user. Angle of course leaked his pre-order bonus involvement in true Angle form.

None of those have been proven fact those are just rumors so nothing has been leaked that it has been any proof

That's fine but hard to not believe the valid stuff that's already appeared online thanks to Angle and Renee. Not to mention the Eli Drake interview that was edited to remove a leak.

Allegedly edited and remove since no one actually seen it

None of those have been proven fact those are just rumors so nothing has been leaked that it has been any proof

That's fine but hard to not believe the valid stuff that's already appeared online thanks to Angle and Renee. Not to mention the Eli Drake interview that was edited to remove a leak.

It was in the Eli Drake video. A number of people heard it. Why don't you research on that instead of telling everyone they are wrong.

Yeah, I'm sure the picture of Angle signing 2K Games marked pictures of himself is nothing but gifts for the developers. I'm sure the picture Renee posted that had "Showcase w/Saxton" at the top along with dialogue attached for the announcers that discussed the NXT Women's Championship and Natalya and Charlotte isn't really showcase related and just Renee's personal fantasy booking or fan fiction. Also, I saw and listened to the interview pre-edit and I know I'm not the only one so yeah, people have heard it. Not to mention it backs the original reporting from Ryan Satin of Hogan being invovled who is pretty credible when it comes to wrestling news and has a good history with WWE 2K news being correct since he had the cover star and pre-order bonus news for 2K19 correct prior to those announcements.

Leaks happen, they've always happened with this franchise to an extant. If you don't want to believe them because you are worried about getting disappointed, that's your prerogative and it's fine to not believe a lot of the ones out there (KingMoe should always be taken with a grain of salt) but these details are coming straight from the people involved in the process or people with a really solid track record, thus making them quite credible and believable on paper. Nothing can be proven to be true unless it comes straight from 2K themselves so trying to argue, "well its not fact" is obvious and silly

Games were releasing in late October to the first week of November awhile back. The games everyone looks back on so fondly. Even No Mercy was mid November. I wouldnt even mind if they got the preorder marketing machine rolling in mid November for a mid December release, just to buy time for a year and see if [preorder] sales and game enjoyment are different when game release time also has Christmas more closely attached to it. Feels like by the time we get to January/February, people arent as fired up about the game anymore for some reason, after months of obsessing over every detail of confirmed info prior to release. Strange.

I doubt its gonna be anything out of the ordinary, though, date-wise. Maybe a week or two later at the most?

Games were releasing in late October to the first week of November awhile back. The games everyone looks back on so fondly. Even No Mercy was mid November. I wouldnt even mind if they got the preorder marketing machine rolling in mid November for a mid December release, just to buy time for a year and see if [preorder] sales and game enjoyment are different when game release time also has Christmas more closely attached to it. Feels like by the time we get to January/February, people arent as fired up about the game anymore for some reason, after months of obsessing over every detail of confirmed info prior to release. Strange.

I doubt its gonna be anything out of the ordinary, though, date-wise. Maybe a week or two later at the most?

The game releases,Oct,1

Archived