Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

2K and WWE are currently working on promotional material for the WWE 2K20 video game that comes out later this year.

A commercial for the game is said to be similar to the NFL 100 commercial from the recent Super Bowl event, according to @Wrestlevotes. The ad reportedly features WWE Hall of Famers Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and Steve Austin, plus other current Superstars and Legends. It was also noted that 2K spent mega money on the spot.

It was recently reported that Hogan and Sasha Banks were among those filming material for the game, and perhaps the promotional material.

Its believed that 2K will officially announce WWE 2K20 on Monday, June 24. A Digital Deluxe and Collectors Edition will reportedly be released on Tuesday, October 1 and then the standard release will take place on Saturday, October 5. These dates should be confirmed later this month in the official 2K announcement.

UwDCE36.jpg

ltYwLUA.jpg

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should be really good. Personalities from all eras in a setting like that, ending up in chaos, would be a really cool way to go. Casuals probably dont watch the Hall of Fames or anything of that nature, so seeing all these people in one place, interacting with one another, could make for a funny and memorable commercial. Shame Bruno isnt with us anymore to be in that scene, in the event that he returns to game roster. Maybe Im reading too much into NFL 100 reference. Props to Ted Dibiase for whatever amazing 2K commercial were about to get on his dime.

As long as they don't spend any TIME or MONEY on another stupid rigged "competition"...

The Challenge was pretty fun. It gave people hope, and that can be a powerful thing to get someone through a year that maybe isn't so great. Work or shoot, only one person was gonna win it either way. There almost has to be another one now, because this dude went out of his way to make himself appear so detestable, that we now need to be introduced to the hero....the "most likable person on Earth" kind of persona that is gonna win the second one and then maybe face off with that guy afterwards, for another cash prize of some sort.

He's from Philly, which isn't far from me, so I did think it was weird that there was zero mention of him in any PA newspapers, to my knowledge, not even during Mania week/weekend. However, I live on a pretty bad block...and that's not even Philly-level bad. I would want to be as far away from this area as humanly possible before it went public that I even had a shot at something like this. Lol. As someone who probably spent too much time studying and idolizing Brian Pillman growing up, I saw the humor in all of it and how good he was at messing with literally everyone and rubbing them the wrong way. There was literally nobody to pull for. Then you wanted to pull for Stephan because he's the only person of color, and from my home state, and what's not to like about a guy in a golden suit? And he was the biggest douche of the 4, by a mile. As VKM would say, "That's good shit." :lol:

I know it would never happen, But a story mode involving time travel or have Multiverse implications would be a weird yet wonderful way to go...And I mean Kushida is in NXT now after all, I know it's silly but Imagine a wrestlemania 5 where Miz travels back in time to cause Hogan to lose lol.

I know it would never happen, But a story mode involving time travel or have Multiverse implications would be a weird yet wonderful way to go...And I mean Kushida is in NXT now after all, I know it's silly but Imagine a wrestlemania 5 where Miz travels back in time to cause Hogan to lose lol.

Something I've wanted since I was a kid was alternate history storylines. Now that they've recast John Cena with someone else's voice, getting some people that have passed on into stories will be a little easier. Like, you give me the book and I'm doing a 1985, 1997, 2003, 2010, and 2016 Road to WrestleMania style alternate histories on top of MyCareer.

Credit:pwinsider

Sasha Banks, who was in the Northeast a few weeks ago for WWE, is filming content today for the forthcoming WWE 2K20 video game.

So, for everyone still asking about her standing with the company, that should tell you all you need to know.

what I miss in some of the older games is being able to do dives off of say the smackdown fist or for example do a ground and pound and if you do it enough, it ends in a submission.

mines was actually causing injuries that actually affected the storyline in raw 2, setting traps and dropping people from the hell in a cell making them tko'd and be out for a good number of weeks.

I miss the ol' days of the ps2 when we could "hack" and make new matches and crazy stuff.

The days of the barbwire matches and 70 foot ladders are gone but not forgotten..

https://youtu.be/nvyWJpXyN64

https://youtu.be/Aahg_CIv5RU

those were good too, as the gameshark, ar max and codebreaker made gameplay replayability really fun.

Maybe the Custom Match and Create An Arena concepts can band together in the future, for a sort of Advanced Match Creator, where they give you all this wacky extra shit to create all-new match types with, or do things like set weapons up on top of the Cell or anywhere, and as many as you want. They could let you replace the ring ropes with the Inferno match fiery ring ropes, or no ropes, or, dare I say, barbed wire ropes....or exploding barbed wire ropes. Once they master the art of 8 custom wrestlers in a custom arena with no lag, I don't see why one of the future moves to be made with the franchise wouldn' t be to make custom match creation as deep and fun-filled and full of content as Create A Superstar. I mean, can't have matches without superstars, but once you have superstars, you wanna be able to put them in as many chaotic match types as humanly possible....and one would, at the very least, certainly assume that almost every gimmick match in WWE history would be available in the games... I mean look, I have no idea why people want Buried Alive matches back...they didn't translate very well to video games, in my opinion, the way they've been done up to now...pretty boring...but people want them...

So, is the assumption that, if there's gonna be a female showcase this year, that it's gonna be centered around the 4 Horsewomen, or around the Women's [R]Evolution, in general? Would be cool if they went further back in the archives and gave us some of the more pivotal matches in WWE women's history. There aren't really a lot, unfortunately, so it would be nice to see them in the game. 2K19 was probably Alundra's last year in the game unless they worked something out. It would've been the optional 3rd year on her contract and they never really made any changes to her model since it's 2K16 debut. If it goes beyond just the 4HW, that can make for one surprising roster. I know Paige's main roster debut will just be a random, throwaway snippet in a video package somewhere. I hope she's still in as a wrestler, though. I mean c'mon, they FINALLY got her face right. lol

I wish they'd bring back "Create a Storyline" I had a blast playing even the silliest of creations. I still think of "Smores", "John Cena is dead" and "Triple H buries the world" and laugh. Hell some were even well thought out classics , Evolution but with Batista and Flair Backing Orton instead of Triple H was a great bit of storytelling. I know some like the showcases but if I had to choose between em. I'd rather have created storylines. Frankly I just wish they'd give me a bunch of tools to play with and leave everything else alone lol

Archived