Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jmerc

Is anyone else feeling some major Marvel burnout? I've not seen any of the films since No Way Home, and the only TV show I've seen is WandaVision. Maybe it's because I've not had the time to see them and now I'm so far behind, or because oversaturation has taken over the market and now everything just looks the same now. Its too late to stop since they're already planning movies & shows for the next 3 years but after the next Avengers films, they definitely need to take a break

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I... did not realize Lupita was that damn fine. Like... how did I not? She looked amazing in this sheeit.

Oh, the movie was aight too I guess 😂.

Not feeling the burn out myself. I'm not nearly as invested in the overarching narrative as I use to be tho. It could've stopped at Endgame and I'da been fine tbh but I'm alway curious to find out where they can take it. And I appreciate when a writer/showrunner can just let their hair down and do some zany sheeit. Even of a product isn't the greatest thing ever, sometimes you can at least tell they had a blast making it 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I liked Quantumania best of the trilogy but I prefer action movies over comedy movies. I can see why someone who liked the first and second movie might not like this one. I don't understand the people who said the movie take forever to get interesting, there already action scenes early while still explaining the lore of the Quantum world.

There is still humor in the movie, I will say it reminded me of Thor: Ragnarok. Not too much and terrible ones like Love & Thunder and still know when to keep a scene serious.

• 3 months later...

Finally broke down and bought 'No Way Home' on Prime. - I waited and waited for it to be streaming on Hulu or Disney+...I can even see it on Hulu (I added it to my list, but there is no "play" option). So...I got tired of waiting LITERAL years to see this movie, and I bought it for $10, which seemed fair to own it.

Generally enjoyed it a lot. Not the most cohesive story, and felt like it had more plot holes than the others. But, it was fun to see all the cameos...even if some of the CGI was REALLY bad. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought Echo on Disney+ was gearing up to be a pretty good show...but I had no idea it was only 5 episodes long, and it literally ended right when it felt like it should have been picking up speed. The final "showdown" if you want to call it that, just kind of happened...and then it was over. - The whole thing gave me vibes of just being left unfinished after the writer strike or something. 

Decent post-credits scene...but, damn...what kind of show is only 5 episodes long? How are we supposed to care?

• 5 weeks later...

It looks okay...but it doesn't do much aside from the bare minimum. 

It's a shame that the Wolverine involvement was spoiled so long ago, or that would have been a nice reveal. - As is, it's just a very mid trailer with a few typical Deadpool jokes and then a random Wolverine cameo. 

• 1 month later...

Not MCU, but...I watched the two episodes of X-Men '97 that released today, and I loved them. It really feels like the classic show to me, and I hope it continues for many seasons without losing quality or being canceled. I'm fully on-board with the story, and can't wait to see how they handle the events that will follow.