Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jmerc

So, I was reading the old Transformers comic books from 1984, and they just straight up mention that the Dino Bots were assimilated to the Savage Land from X-Men lore. Apparently this was later changed when they decided that they didn't want Transformers tied that closely to Marvel comics for legal reasons. Which made me think...I kinda want Disney to buy the Transformers franchise now, so they can retcon the canon back to what it originally was. 

Would you watch a Marvel Studios Transformers movie? Because, I *censored*ing would. Lol.

Those old comics even had crossovers with Spider-Man and stuff. They really were something.

Edited by Generations

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Black Widow! Felt like a nice final goodbye to the character.

I don't know how much seeing it in the cinema affected the enjoyment though. Will need to watch it again eventually to make sure.

Very minor spoiler question.

Was Thunderbolt Ross CG? He looked really weird whenever he was on screen.

Edited by AlterNation

Guest Fight Me.

Pretty funny for what it is and it has like 3 after credits too lol Definitely worth a moment of your time.

As for regular Loki...one more week. 😭😭😭

Edited by Fight Me.

I look forward to the concept. (Those one-offs in comics were always fun). But...the animation and voice acting is really a sour point for me. It feels like...there was always a quality to the comedic timing in the live action movies that made the corny jokes work. And this doesn't have it, because the human factor is missing. 

Disney keeping Deadpool alive is proof that the Disney haters are full of shit. 

Now they just need to buyout the rights to the Netflix shows like Daredevil and Punisher. Move the backlog to Hulu, and introduce the characters to the cinematic universe. Also, get Sony's lame ass to allow Marvel to make a Spidey/Punisher/Deadpool movie where they join up to take down Kingpin (Tom Holland, Jon Bernthal, Charlie Cox, and Vincent D'Onofrio). 

Edited by Generations

• 2 weeks later...

So if I understand the situation correctly. The BW movie being released in Disney+ was never part of her contract and they never told her about it. Because of that, the only profit she gets is from the Box Office and not Disney+. With the pandemic still here, many regions still had their theaters closed, making Disney+ their only option.

UPDATE: https://variety.com/2021/film/news/disney-scarlett-johansson-black-widow-lawsuit-response-pandemic-1235030837/

Edited by AegisAvenger

12 hours ago, AegisAvenger said:

So if I understand the situation correctly. The BW movie being released in Disney+ was never part of her contract and they never told her about it. Because of that, the only profit she gets is from the Box Office and not Disney+. With the pandemic still here, many regions still had their theaters closed, making Disney+ their only option.

UPDATE: https://variety.com/2021/film/news/disney-scarlett-johansson-black-widow-lawsuit-response-pandemic-1235030837/

Plus Disney plus makes more money than in the premier access then a movie ticket considering the premier access is like 30 bucks per movie

4 hours ago, Austin3035 said:

Plus Disney plus makes more money than in the premier access then a movie ticket considering the premier access is like 30 bucks per movie

THat depends on how many people watch on Disney+ together as opposed to theater. My theater charges $10 before 5, so if my party has 3 people watching it in theaters, it's the same as watching on Disney+. However, if we have more than 3 people, it makes more sense to watch it at home, where we can save money. 

Anyway, I don't see what's wrong with ScarJo demanding compensation, and it's weird that Disney tries to act like a victim when their net income has been high, except for 2020 when they had a loss. 

3 hours ago, M3J said:

THat depends on how many people watch on Disney+ together as opposed to theater. My theater charges $10 before 5, so if my party has 3 people watching it in theaters, it's the same as watching on Disney+. However, if we have more than 3 people, it makes more sense to watch it at home, where we can save money. 

Anyway, I don't see what's wrong with ScarJo demanding compensation, and it's weird that Disney tries to act like a victim when their net income has been high, except for 2020 when they had a loss. 

there two sides to this story so i wouldn't say Disney tryin to be the victim as we dont know what was in the contract

Disney really needed to renegotiate contracts (Warner did, when they did this with HBO). I actually thought Mark Walhburg  would sue Paramount+ (or whoever) for releasing his film directly to streaming. If roles were reversed they would be going after Scarjo for not honoring the contract, so I can't blame these ladies. It's not like Disney would be hurting if they loss. As she's only asking what she feels she is due, and not extra